NEWS

Dunkelzahn's Will

• 237 Replies

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« on: <11-09-11/1450:26> »
I was looking thru Dunkie's will not too long ago and was wondering...How much of the will has been completed? Is there any official cannon? Is it worth updating?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <11-09-11/1456:15> »
Bobby Derie used to keep an annotated copy of the will on his Dumpshock site to list all the canon references and extrapolations from the will, but he took it down a little while back.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <11-09-11/1726:52> »
I wish I had the time to recompile that data.  It was useful.

(and the files are still around somewhere.  A couple people have an archive posted online)

Bull

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-09-11/1826:58> »
You can try Waybackmachine.com if you know what website it was posted on Fastjack. It comes in handy sometimes but you can't always find what your looking for.
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-11/1940:15> »
The parts that aren't in books have either been done or haven't.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <11-09-11/2032:44> »

(and the files are still around somewhere.  A couple people have an archive posted online)

Bull
I've got the data locally before he brought them down, but I don't want to put them out there without his permission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <11-09-11/2050:42> »
Stupid bad blood.   :'(

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-09-11/2109:17> »

Bull
I've got the data locally before he brought them down, but I don't want to put them out there without his permission.

Hence why i said recompile.  The majority of the stuff regarding the Will was all just compiling data that was available elsewhere and from talking with freelancers and others who were around that knew the background details of some of the will items. 

There was a certain amount of speculation and guesswork that he did, which I'd more than likely leave out.

Also, here:  Wayback Machine Link:  http://web.archive.org/web/20101108175546/http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <11-09-11/2114:39> »
What the hell are in the sixteen boxes he left for George "Locomotive" Fenamore?  And to SADLY leave them...  Bespeaks something powerful and dreadful.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-09-11/2144:47> »
What the hell are in the sixteen boxes he left for George "Locomotive" Fenamore?  And to SADLY leave them...  Bespeaks something powerful and dreadful.

To George "Locomotive" Fenamore, wherever he is at present, I sadly bequeath the locked steel box number 412 from my private vault at the Manhattan Citibank Depository. The box is not to be opened until he deems it absolutely necessary, or until my comrade manages to successfully "survive" another Double Tuesday. I pray the darkness ends for you someday.

I will note that a fair number of these were in-jokes from Steve Kenson (and I believe a few others at FASA at the time...  It's slightly before I got involved with them so I can't be sure).  Quite a few others literally had no additional details...  They were simply plot hooks for GMs and future writers to run with,

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <11-09-11/2311:51> »
No denying that.  I sure as hell used the Jiffy-Pop one to good use.

Still have the Jiffy-Pop I used as a prop, in fact.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #11 on: <11-09-11/2326:24> »
still kinda angry  that they used the "34,586,224,739.58 in UCAS dollars" bequest on such a crappy storyline, just sayin.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <11-10-11/0841:54> »
Could have been a worse storyline and he blew it all on BTL Chips and Joytoys.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <11-10-11/0854:34> »
I've been using the Christmas fruit cake as the occasional running joke that runners are paid to drop off when they nic stuff
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #14 on: <11-10-11/0905:19> »
Stupid bad blood.   :'(
passion for the setting seems to generate that at some point or other...

Perhaps the stoics had a point...
Want to see my flash new jacket?