NEWS

Securitech PPP Set

• 25 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-04-16/1453:55> »
So is this a GM interpretation thing, because the wording is totally ambiguous? Chummer says that they stack, but it doesn't actually apply any of the penalties and Chummer is by no means official.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-08-16/0042:41> »
  Armor at a night club is inappropriate.

That depends on the club!   ;D

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <01-08-16/0128:04> »
Start by asking if you are appropriately dressed for the situation.  Armor at a night club is inappropriate.   Armored vest on a security guard is not.  If it is inappropriate, adjust the subject's attitude, typically to suspicious.  Next, make an etiquette test with modifiers to bypass the faux pas.  This brings you to your resting attitude, and now you add up bonuses and penalties for your charisma based tests.  Note that if you're speaking for a group, each member of the group committing the faux pas counts against your etiquette test.  So if you're the face, but the Sammies insist on attending the meeting in full riot gear, you've got to erase those mistakes first or you're likely to be doing hostile negotiations.

Can you make a pair of examples for how this runs? The rule book is sadly short of complete examples.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #18 on: <01-08-16/0135:38> »
The armor is inappropriate comment, also depends are where the runners are. In Sioux lands, armored jacket is considered fashionable (if it is leather, which is also cheaper there). So, knowing where you are also makes a big difference.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-08-16/1156:39> »
PPP is just like Pixie firing gun... just don't.

Had to get it off my chest.

Go back to your discussion.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <01-08-16/1326:51> »
course I think PPP is like the Pay day armor

ZombieAcePilot

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <01-09-16/0454:10> »

How do you feel about forearm guards, ballistic masks, and helmets?

It seems like lots of people recommend helmets and masks, why wouldn't PPP be any different?
Disclosure, I can see wearing a helmet on a motorcycle as well as either of the two to conceal your face when on a run (pretty obvious the guy in the helmet with an uzi is here to rob the place). In that same scenario when you aren't trying to fit in, why not wear some PPP?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #22 on: <01-09-16/1552:09> »
I think it comes down to how you consider the nature of the penalty generated by the PPP. If it's inappropriate attire, wearing still more Inappropriate attire doesn't really seem to matter to me. If you think your get the penalty for PPP for being insufficiently macho it could be different.

In general I don't really see a reason for it to stack. But for full disclosure sake I have used it on several builds, b/c 20ish armor is more important to most of my  builds then having a couple more points of S-limit.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-10-16/0613:04> »

How do you feel about forearm guards, ballistic masks, and helmets?

It seems like lots of people recommend helmets and masks, why wouldn't PPP be any different?
Disclosure, I can see wearing a helmet on a motorcycle as well as either of the two to conceal your face when on a run (pretty obvious the guy in the helmet with an uzi is here to rob the place). In that same scenario when you aren't trying to fit in, why not wear some PPP?

It was a non-sequitur comment.
Be that as it may... just like a pixie firing a gun looks silly in my head, when I picture someone with PPP and a helmet my mind goes... and the runner goes, swing and  a miss, the catcher throws to second, and the runner is... get the picture.

My second problem with all the accessories is that guy in the group that insists on wearing it all the time regardless of the situation,

I like Sleeping Tiger- wearing PPP with it is a faux pas. However, if we're in the barrens I have no problem with pulling out a ballistic mask, ppp or other accessory from the trunk and putting it on. 'll just feel silly wearing it, but better silly than dead.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-10-16/2155:42> »
My second problem with all the accessories is that guy in the group that insists on wearing it all the time regardless of the situation,

I like Sleeping Tiger- wearing PPP with it is a faux pas. However, if we're in the barrens I have no problem with pulling out a ballistic mask, ppp or other accessory from the trunk and putting it on. 'll just feel silly wearing it, but better silly than dead.

I've always kinda thought that the assorted social penalties for certain armors were understated.  Someone in Riot Gear goes jogging in the park, you're going to get a lot of 911 calls. 

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <01-10-16/2311:03> »
*disclaimer: this is a houserule territory*  :D
My character has a set of PPP with softweave and an expensive fashion-spell treatement (doubling the price),
to turn it in to a set consisting of a bodice, stockings and long-sleeved gloves.  8)
With mods comming to the price tag 11000nuyen.