Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Bull needs our help!

(1/1)

FastJack:
Our friend and local ornery orc shadowrunner needs the community's help. He has had an extended stay in the hospital and the bills are piling up quicker than a Johnson's lies. If you can spare anything at this time, please donate.

Bull's Medical Expenses

Michael Chandra:
Bloody hell. Yeah, definitely can spare some for this.

Bull:
So probably time for an update. A State of the Bull Address as it were.

First off, I’m still alive and kicking.  Yay!  Though the last week or so has  been rough.  But before we get that far, let’s rewind and refresh a bit on where I was. I went into the ER in mid November due to the flu and what I thought was a minor but painful ingrown hair on my thigh that had gotten infected. Waiting for Mom to pick me up to go to the ER is the last thing I remember for about a month.

Turns out I did have the flu, but it was the least of my problems. My blood sugar was over 650, I had blood poisoning, was going into (or had already gone into) Septic Shock, and worst of all my “infection” on my leg was Necrotizing Fasciitis, aka Flesh Eating Bacteria, and it was spreading.

So I was in a coma for three weeks, and spent a couple more weeks just becoming coherent. I was really loopy and out of it for a while. But once I was on the mend, I got transferred to a rehab/nursing facility. This was right before Christmas.  I have spent most of that time working on regaining my strength and figuring out to get around, because I likely have permanent nerve damage I my left leg. Fun side effect of one of my illnesses, probably my freshly diagnosed type 2 Diabetes.

Things were going well until last week on Thursday when I started having flu symptoms. The nurses drew some blood, and the lab kicked back that they found some bacteria in it.  So off to a nearby hospital I went.  They poked and tested me through Friday evening, and found a couple things they didn’t like, specifically this thing where two of your intestines are touching and form a little shortcut tunnel between them. This prompted them {Geauga} to send me to the main UH Hospital in downtown Cleveland, where I had been before. (UH DT is 1.5 hours from home, Geauga’s only 30 and is right near the rehab facility.

I got to UH for the next 5 days, where I was pumped full of antibiotics of different types and had a bunch of tests run. Eventually they determined that I had Diverticulitis, which are these little sacs that form on your intestine, and can get infected with whatever bacteria I had.  Possibly serious, but I found the reason everyone was so worried about the bacteria in my system was because they were worried it was the Flesh Eating stuff back for seconds.

They flushed my system pretty solidly, and as of today I’m back at the rehab facility. Gotts start hitting therapy again.  I suspect I’m gonna be in here for a little bit yet *sigh* And I’m trying real hard not to think what all this is gonna cost me :(

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Hey Bull it's good to hear you're on the mend. If it helps, you can think about how much the illnesses DiDN'T cost you but could have if they didn't get taken care of...

Stay strong!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version