NEWS

Troll Stree sam(move by wire)

• 10 Replies

bloodywraith13

• Newb
« on: <12-25-15/1650:38> »
So because i was bored and wanting to play i made this dude.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LKcqyA7WLT9VHlKl7DsNKwsjGY3h6AwzIjrenXoSzI0/edit#gid=7

By all mean tell me the pros and cons of this.

whitefur

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <12-25-15/1745:16> »
If I remember correctly MBW only gives you + 1d6 total.

bloodywraith13

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-25-15/1822:36> »
that it is, thank you

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <12-25-15/2311:44> »
Not bad I think your pools are little low but It has it's advantages.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-26-15/0156:52> »
What chargen system did you use?
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

bloodywraith13

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-26-15/0204:26> »
sum to ten i believe

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-26-15/1121:59> »
I didn't see a skilljack?  You really need one of those.  I'd also get a Skillwire Subscription, would be huge for this character, even the 10k Silver subscription. 

Perception and Etiquette to low to be particularly useful.  For Skills "E" characters I'd suggest pick 3 skills, take a 6 in them and use Karma for the rest.

I prefer to max out Agility on combat characters, YMMV.  Your dice pools are low compared to most combat focused characters. 

I don't like Cybereyes on Metahumans.  I prefer to just grab the Smartgun link and move on, you've got natural Thermo.  Also DataJack or 'Trodes? 

In General I've found Move By Wire to be too expensive for what you get, once you add in the 10 karma for Restricted gear.  And on a Agiility 4, Cha 2, Logic 2, you're really not getting much use out of the skill wires.  YMMV though. 

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-26-15/1735:35> »
The problem with skillwires is that you can't use edge. Therefore you need a high attribute for the skill otherwise your DP is probably too low in most cases.

bloodywraith13

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <12-26-15/2211:05> »
Hoobes and gradivus your both right, then again this is me just messing around during character creation. if i made this character for a real game i'll be sure to do so, until then it stays.
Thank you both.

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <12-27-15/0943:43> »
I'm in a game where a character uses MBW to great effect, but he's not a troll. I wouldn't do MBW on a troll, I'd be trying to fit in as much other stuff as possible to offset the issues in prio allocation and sam needs.

Trolls are really heavily penalized in 5e's creation systems (high Metatype prio means you either take it at A or pray you don't need Edge, and they're super expensive in karma). I wouldn't go MBW on a troll just because trolls are already hard to do right and functionally have fewer good allocation choices (i.e., it's a much bigger loss for them to take Resources A than, say, an elf or ork sam doing it).
Playability > verisimilitude.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-30-15/1954:01> »
I'm in a game where a character uses MBW to great effect, but he's not a troll. I wouldn't do MBW on a troll, I'd be trying to fit in as much other stuff as possible to offset the issues in prio allocation and sam needs.

Trolls are really heavily penalized in 5e's creation systems (high Metatype prio means you either take it at A or pray you don't need Edge, and they're super expensive in karma). I wouldn't go MBW on a troll just because trolls are already hard to do right and functionally have fewer good allocation choices (i.e., it's a much bigger loss for them to take Resources A than, say, an elf or ork sam doing it).

As far as karma generation, it depends on the build.
Most builds where STR means nothing, yes. the troll is expensive.
But if you're going for a STR build (Bow&Melee for example) then the Troll is actually a bargain vs a human.