NEWS

Intention of this sub-forum?

• 9 Replies

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« on: <09-03-10/1659:11> »
I'm sure you guys are writing up the stickies as I'm typing this, but I'm curious about how this sub-forum is going to be run.

Is it intended for devs to answer players' questions?

If so, how "official" will the answers be?

Or is it more for experienced players to help out the newer?

Just wondering =)

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-10/1703:39> »
Good question...and I don't know the definitive answer.

I will see if I can get an answer for you ASAP.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Guardikai

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-10/1705:48> »
The replies are fast here ^_^ - good question Mooncrow and thanks in advance mr Schmidt

Adrick

« Reply #3 on: <09-03-10/1706:56> »
Personally i would like to see an Official rules answer section/thread and a House rule section for open discussion.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-03-10/1711:55> »
The replies are fast here ^_^ - good question Mooncrow and thanks in advance mr Schmidt

Hopefully, the answers will be as fast! ;D

No reason to stand on formality here, John works just fine.  ;)
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-03-10/1715:45> »
This is intended to be for discussion among players--people can give their own answers without waiting for devs. Because if you wait for devs, it might take a while, honestly.

Perhaps I'll start a specific "Dev ruling requested" thread that people can use if they feel community input is just not going to cut it.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Meltd0wn

• Newb
  • The Puppetmaster
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-10/1729:54> »
I like the idea of us being able to help each other, I know from a wide range of RPG experience that sometimes a rule just doesn't click in some of our heads but it does in others.  and I have a feeling I'm going to be on this section quite a bit. lol

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <09-03-10/1730:09> »
Sounds good, I love me some rules discussions^^  It would be nice to have a dev thread somewhere though, maybe to clear up some of the thornier question that crop up here and there.

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-04-10/0232:42> »
Yeah.  There are some rules debates that have been hashed to death, and some official answers would definitely be good on subjects such as splitting dice pools, etc.

Adrick

« Reply #9 on: <09-04-10/0756:57> »
Yeah.  There are some rules debates that have been hashed to death, and some official answers would definitely be good on subjects such as splitting dice pools, etc.

Exactly,  on these types of issues the official ruling would let those discussions move on to house rule discussions. This in turn could lead to some useful discussion or debate instead of same old song and dance.