NEWS

Richard Raven

• 18 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <02-08-12/0947:00> »
Deaths are only important if they truly serve the story, and enhance the characters involved. In most cases, however, so-called 'poignant' deaths in literature/film/other media tend to be plot devices, and are usually there to give the ladies a good tearjerker moment before heading back to the action. The examples you gave, Mystic, are pronounced exceptions to the rule.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <02-08-12/1301:17> »
IIRC, Samuel L. Jackson had "Will not go out like a punk" written into his contract when working on Star Wars.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <02-08-12/1330:58> »
IIRC, Samuel L. Jackson had "Will not go out like a punk" written into his contract when working on Star Wars.  :P
To be fair, he always* has that as a clause in his contract.

*Yes, I've seen Deep Blue Sea. Do you really think he went out as a punk there? No, the sharks targeted him and ambushed him at just the right time because they knew he could kill them with a throat punch.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #18 on: <02-09-12/1740:48> »

He also had "I will have a unique color for my lightsaber so my family will always be able to spot me in the battle scenes". True story  ;D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)