NEWS

The shadowrun world....will chrome disappear in the long run ?

• 17 Replies

Raizer13

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <10-08-18/1102:00> »
I think some of the cyber gear just needs to be reduced in cost in order to make it more effective and desirable.  For example, Orthskin and Dermal Armor dont have enough of a cost delta to make Dermal worth it.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <10-08-18/1108:18> »
Cyberware has 2 kinds of boosting gear that combine, whereas Orthoskin is alone, right?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #17 on: <10-09-18/0854:08> »
The balance of Cyber vs. Bio has always been that Bio costs more nuyen, but Cyber costs more of your soul.

However, the cost, both in terms of nuyen and essence, for a lot of the cyberware out there just isn't worth it. The little things, like Cybereyes are always good. Wired Reflexes are vastly cheaper than the bio equivalent, but I wouldn't go above rating 1 unless you're a sammy. Any of the <1 Essence bits of cyberware are good, if you're needing a boost. For cyberweapons, really only spurs or razors are generally worth it. The guns aren't a good idea unless you have a full cyberarm, and the availability on the cyberguns is high enough that it isn't an option at chargen.

Dermal Plating has lower cost and availability than orthoskin, but at chargen that's only the difference in one point of armor. I've played around in Hero Lab for years, and I've yet to find a cyberlimb build that I'm happy with, and the few that come close are gimmicky. Likewise, I've never had a skillwire character that I actually liked the build on, even before you needed two separate pieces of ware for it to work. The closest I got to that was with my AI street sammy who could use autosofts.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters