NEWS

Essence and Cyberware Questions

• 37 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #30 on: <09-27-10/1024:05> »
What if the cyberzombie got to -6 essence before getting deltaware? If this happened he would have a essence void correct? You can't get the essence back. If you remove the cyberware and replace it with something else then you will still have a essence void even if the cyberware uses less essence. If I use a standard cyberarm with biocompatibility and adapsin, the arm will cost me 0.8 essence. If I upgrade it to a Deltaware arm which would cost 0.3 essence, I don't get the difference back correct?
That is correct. However, if he had that essence void, he could then chop off his other arm with no further loss of essence (since the two cyberarms would be .6 essence together and not fill the .8 void).

Lord Scythican

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <09-27-10/1851:52> »
So essentially he could gain all the benefits of having a -6 essence first (Such as the +6 bonus to attributes) then get decked out with all the latest Deltaware hardware? However is there any benefit is switching to delta after you have already lost the essence? Are there any other benefits to delta besides the lower essence cost?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <09-27-10/1918:14> »
The lower essence cost is the main benefit of delta-ware. Any other benefits would be up to your GM.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #33 on: <09-27-10/2002:42> »
Can someone point me at the RAW (book/page#) for cyberware suites? I know I've seen them before, but cant seem to find them in Aug. =P
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Lord Scythican

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <09-27-10/2006:29> »
The lower essence cost is the main benefit of delta-ware. Any other benefits would be up to your GM.

So really it is going to be down to a deltaware metahuman or a crapware cyberzombie with really high attributes?

Can someone point me at the RAW (book/page#) for cyberware suites? I know I've seen them before, but cant seem to find them in Aug. =P

Page 48 of the augmentation book.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #35 on: <09-27-10/2040:44> »

So really it is going to be down to a deltaware metahuman or a crapware cyberzombie with really high attributes?
As soon as you cross the Zero essence barrier you're either dead or have to become a Cyberzombie. As I detailed earlier, you can have a Deltaware Cyberzombie, but it will be difficult to fill out the essence cost to -12 without getting lesser grades in some regards. Also, if you remove Biocompatiability, the Essence cost rounds to -11, which is pretty low.

One last thing, the cyberzombie doesn't get a bonus to attributes equal to how far below zero he is. He gets a bonus to his natural attribute maximums equal to how far below zero. He still has to raise those attributes through other means.

Lord Scythican

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <09-28-10/1218:26> »
One last thing, the cyberzombie doesn't get a bonus to attributes equal to how far below zero he is. He gets a bonus to his natural attribute maximums equal to how far below zero. He still has to raise those attributes through other means.

So basically could you make further enhancements to the customized cyberlimbs in order to get to the maximum attribute scores or would you have to use a different method?

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #37 on: <09-28-10/1220:06> »
God I love cyberzombies.  Sure, they're messed up as hell, but they're also a hell of a lot of fun to blast away at.