NEWS

Amazonia vs. Aztlan

• 44 Replies

bobo69

• Chummer
« on: <09-10-10/2336:45> »
So with the eve of the war between Amazonia and Aztlan in Columbia, what do we know:

1. In terms of numbers, I think both sides are preety evenly matched. The Aztlan have better tech and probably more professional but the Amazonians have the edge in magic and in powerful critters.

2. Both sides probably have some secret powerful weapons up their sleeves(blood magic, man eating trees etc.).

Prediction:

I think we will probably have a short a bloody war with both sides loosing a lot of men and material but little real estate will change hands. How short a few months, to a year. The war probably spreads worldwide as Amazonian allied Eco terrorists probalby target Aztechnology assets abroad. I expect theh battle area to be extensively devastated simliliar to the Yucatan. This could possibly trigger and larger war with the CSA & maybe UCAS(on the Amazonian side) & Argentina & maybe Bolivia(on the Aztlan side) causing trouble and both sides are forced to divert forces.
War ends, Corportate court, UN and great powers(Japan, UCAS etc.) intervene to end the conflict.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <09-10-10/2338:40> »
We do know this will be a focus of the upcoming War! sourcebook, which will also detail mercenaries and war-torn cities.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-10-10/2346:14> »
Actually I believe Catalyst mentioned somewhere that it will mostly focus on the war in Columbia with some info on other warzones(and potential ones) all over the world.

However I am really waiting for this one, probalby in the next few months.

kinderkrieg

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-10-10/2358:23> »
it might also be interesting to point out that the Corp Court has planned to put their space elevator (think that was what they were calling it...sky elevator...ugh i can't remember) in Aztlan territory, so needless to say they'll be paying close attention to this

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-11-10/0005:39> »
I thought the Space elevator was supposed to be in Kenya?
at Mt. Kilimanjaro

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-11-10/0014:38> »
The Mass Driver is at Mt. Kilimanjaro, to be decommissioned once the space elevator is built. Runner's Havens has Jackpoint chat saying a Space Elevator is being worked on in Panama.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #6 on: <09-11-10/0015:30> »
A space elevator?  Leave it to the corps to waste billions of nuyen on a glorified vanity project.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <09-11-10/0016:44> »
A space elevator?  Leave it to the corps to waste billions of nuyen on a glorified vanity project.
Makes getting up to the stations easier... For the corps. I can't imagine what the drek security will be like on that to keep the Shadows at bay.

kinderkrieg

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-11-10/0017:32> »
the corporate guide also has some info on it however while sifting thru it i couldn't find where i read it

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #9 on: <09-11-10/0018:01> »
Makes getting up to the stations easier... For the corps. I can't imagine what the drek security will be like on that to keep the Shadows at bay.
We'll eventually find a way through.  We always do.  ;D

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <09-11-10/0018:34> »
Isn't Panama a multi nation zone where Aztlan does not have authority(Panama is managed by the Corporate court).

This is the reason why Aztlan is building or has build the Nicaragua canal as an alternative.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <09-11-10/0023:12> »
It's mentioned a couple of times in Corp Guide (thank you Search-6!), mostly about how AresSpace is on the forefront of the technology to build it, Aztechnology will provide ground support and Saeder-Krupp will develop and manage the docking/launch facilities on the asteroid anchor in low orbit.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-11-10/0030:43> »
 The Canal Zone was turned over to the Corporate Court as part of the Veracruz Settlement back in the late 40s.  However, they were badly damaged in Crash 2.0 and Aztlan finished the Nicaragua Canal which can handle larger ships and greater traffic.

However, the Corporate Court still controls a strip of land that is going to force Aztlan to use ships and aircrafts - for now.  The Canal Zone is an accident waiting to happen, however.

Note that Horizon appears to be backing Amazonia, but Wuxing has been aligning a lot with Aztechnology these days.

If Aztlan is going to war with Amazonia, I can't imagine that they're not going to do something about their northern border.  There's no love lost between them and the PCC and the CAS, but every indication that the PCC is going to be having troubles of their own with the "voting stock" coming due in the Ute Nation, which once was friendly to Aztechnology.  Do you think that there might have something up their sleeve to stymie the CAS too?

kinderkrieg

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-11-10/0033:08> »
*sigh* sorry fastjack thanks for finding the info...what'd you use to seach?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <09-11-10/0033:46> »
LOL... Adobe's search. Just looked for elevator. ;)