Off-topic > General Gaming

Shadowrun for Xbox 360

<< < (2/8) > >>

Lansdren:
Was playing this online about a week ago the game will run server on someone 360 in the group, not really shadowrun but not a terrible game.

Jadehellbringer:

--- Quote from: FastJack on ---No, you could play single player, but you were basically doing 'missions'. There was no Campaign mode.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean?

Bull:

--- Quote from: Jadehellbringer on ---What do you mean?

--- End quote ---

There are 6 single player Tutorials, basically where you're told to get X ability and use it a few times to complete the mission.  But, for all intents and purposes, it was Counterstrike.

It wasn't a bad FPS.  The magic and cyberware added an interesting twist to the standard FPS style game.  But...  Yeah, it wasn't Shadowrun.  It only barely tried to be Shadowrun (What little backstory they were was basically a complete reboot of the Shadowrun world, going back to "Magic returning" and then making up some new stuff).

Bull

shadd4d:
Oddly enough, the best Shadowrun videogame (strictly saying) is still the Sega Genesis Shadowrun. True, it has its own broken points, but it's still an enjoyable game which pre-dates some of the open world settings like GTA or GTA clones. I had fun with it back in the day, although the biggest break, at least early on, is the old walk in a circle trick to stay ahead of melee combatants while popping off a few shots at them. Still, great fun and an almost classic RPG story involving avenging a family member who ended up a catspaw in some megacorp-connected scheme. The storyline proper lends itself easily to being copied or adapted to an SR4 campaign with only a few minor name changes and rules updates.

Don

Jadehellbringer:

--- Quote from: shadd4d on ---Oddly enough, the best Shadowrun videogame (strictly saying) is still the Sega Genesis Shadowrun. True, it has its own broken points, but it's still an enjoyable game which pre-dates some of the open world settings like GTA or GTA clones. I had fun with it back in the day, although the biggest break, at least early on, is the old walk in a circle trick to stay ahead of melee combatants while popping off a few shots at them. Still, great fun and an almost classic RPG story involving avenging a family member who ended up a catspaw in some megacorp-connected scheme. The storyline proper lends itself easily to being copied or adapted to an SR4 campaign with only a few minor name changes and rules updates.

Don

--- End quote ---

Was that the same one that came out for Super Nintendo? I always meant to hunt down a copy of that for my old SNES and never did get around to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version