Shadowrun Play > Virtual Underworld 93

Ooc: Ok what is this place?

<< < (4/6) > >>

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Bah; 1200 karma.  Pocket change.  ;)

Granted, the seven-digit retainer is more than a little over the top, but if I gave you that, I'd expect frickin' world-spanning miracles ...

Raiderjoseph:
Wait what?

All4BigGuns:

--- Quote from: The Wyrm Ouroboros on ---Bah; 1200 karma.  Pocket change.  ;)

Granted, the seven-digit retainer is more than a little over the top, but if I gave you that, I'd expect frickin' world-spanning miracles ...

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it was definitely a ridiculous sum of cash. Sure as hell wasn't gonna complain at the time though. Being able to actually get some of the good stuff was priceless.  ;)

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Oh, I don't deny that at that level each runner shouldn't be earning five- and six-digit payouts on a run, or even that they shouldn't be getting the good stuff; it's the retainer that's ridiculous.  A smart investor-runner, however, will acquire the high-end goods only when s/he needs to, and wisely investing otherwise - first through Brokerage X, and then after one acquires a tidy sum, via direct investing in the megacorporations - because you never want to keep all your eggs in one illegal basket.  You then roll the legal earnings back into their respective investment portfolios. Hawatari, for example, has 2 million in her primary-access Brokerage X account - but 362+ in her secondary account, and in the range of 1.5B in wide-ranging corporate investments, all this built up over almost thirty years.  Could she retire?  Sure, but to what?  She likes what she does, and who she does it for.

All4BigGuns:

--- Quote from: The Wyrm Ouroboros on ---Oh, I don't deny that at that level each runner shouldn't be earning five- and six-digit payouts on a run, or even that they shouldn't be getting the good stuff; it's the retainer that's ridiculous.  A smart investor-runner, however, will acquire the high-end goods only when s/he needs to, and wisely investing otherwise - first through Brokerage X, and then after one acquires a tidy sum, via direct investing in the megacorporations - because you never want to keep all your eggs in one illegal basket.  You then roll the legal earnings back into their respective investment portfolios. Hawatari, for example, has 2 million in her primary-access Brokerage X account - but 362+ in her secondary account, and in the range of 1.5B in wide-ranging corporate investments, all this built up over almost thirty years.  Could she retire?  Sure, but to what?  She likes what she does, and who she does it for.

--- End quote ---

Didn't deny it was utterly ludicrous. Just said that I wasn't going to complain at the time. :)

Partially because I knew there was no way anyone else would EVER make that mistake. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version