• 5 Replies

H2Os

• Newb
« on: <12-12-14/2327:39> »
So we have
Shadowrun Beginners Box Set ($19.99)
Shadowruner Toolkit Alphaware ($59.99)
Shadowrun Introductory Box Set ($49.99)

Is the content in Shadowrun Introductory Box set the same as Alphaware, minus the dice, cards, and dossiers? Meaning the books mentioned in the Boxed set are the Edge book, Rules of the Street, and Payload and Paydata?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <12-13-14/0506:07> »
Wasn't the Introductory Box Set removed when they realized they were too ambitious, and split up into Beginner+Alpha? Not sure what anyone would mean when they list the Introductory Box.

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/2013/12/shadowrun-introductory-box-set-now-splitting-into-2-great-box-sets/
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

H2Os

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-13-14/0549:29> »
That's odd I got a notification from Amazon the other day saying that it was available for purchase now.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <12-13-14/0550:46> »
Amazon lies. They make up products, make up dates, and my guess is they're too dumb to realize that Alphaware is NOT Introductory.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Eugene

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-13-14/1122:58> »
Has anyone done a review of Alpha's innards?  I've only seen discussion about the Intro box.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-13-14/1722:08> »
Has anyone done a review of Alpha's innards?  I've only seen discussion about the Intro box.
Actually hope to get to that later this weekend. Got my copy from Amazon about a week ago, but haven't been able to really dive into it as I was traveling abroad this week. My initial impressions were pretty good, but want to do a comparison with the Starter Box (which came in at same time).