Shadowrun Play > Previous Editions

Rules & Such for Previous Editions

<< < (2/2)

Namikaze:

--- Quote from: All4BigGuns on ---I think he might be stuck in the mindset of Old World of Darkness where 1s would negate a die that showed as a 'success'.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that is still something that my players do sometimes.  After three years of SR4 and SR5.

The Wyrm Ouroboros:

--- Quote from: Namikaze on ---
--- Quote from: All4BigGuns on ---I think he might be stuck in the mindset of Old World of Darkness where 1s would negate a die that showed as a 'success'.
--- End quote ---
Yeah that is still something that my players do sometimes.  After three years of SR4 and SR5.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RHat on ---It means you get 0 hits.  No more, no less.
--- End quote ---

Looks like RHat is stuck there, too.

Merc, just because you glitch doesn't mean you can't succeed - and vice-versa.  As Namikaze has stated, 1s don't eliminate hits, and you only glitch if half or more of your total dice are 1s.  That can be a jammed gun (though the shot you fired hits the guy just fine), a trip during your successful sprint, or your rappelling gear fouling up despite a successful plunge - anything that messes with you.

So you either get hits sufficient to succeed, or not enough hits to succeed, or no hits at all.  If you have 50+% of your dice rolling 1, you glitch - glitching after the success (had enough hits to succeed), or glitching in a way that prevents the success (not enough hits to succeed, e.g. gun failing to fire/misfiring, tripping before the sprint, gear fouling up before you get very far down the building), or critically glitching (no hits, meaning the gun jam-fires, exploding the gun in your hand, or you trip right into the line of fire or onto dangerous material or off the edge of the building, or you accidentally hit the quick-release on your rappelling gear and now you're falling).

Any questions?

RHat:

--- Quote from: The Wyrm Ouroboros on ---

--- Quote from: Namikaze on ---
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RHat on ---It means you get 0 hits.  No more, no less.
--- End quote ---

Looks like RHat is stuck there, too.

Merc, just because you glitch doesn't mean you can't succeed - and vice-versa.  As Namikaze has stated, 1s don't eliminate hits, and you only glitch if half or more of your total dice are 1s.  That can be a jammed gun (though the shot you fired hits the guy just fine), a trip during your successful sprint, or your rappelling gear fouling up despite a successful plunge - anything that messes with you.

So you either get hits sufficient to succeed, or not enough hits to succeed, or no hits at all.  If you have 50+% of your dice rolling 1, you glitch - glitching after the success (had enough hits to succeed), or glitching in a way that prevents the success (not enough hits to succeed, e.g. gun failing to fire/misfiring, tripping before the sprint, gear fouling up before you get very far down the building), or critically glitching (no hits, meaning the gun jam-fires, exploding the gun in your hand, or you trip right into the line of fire or onto dangerous material or off the edge of the building, or you accidentally hit the quick-release on your rappelling gear and now you're falling).

Any questions?

--- End quote ---

Oh, damn, looks like I misread - somehow I thought he was asking about rolls where every die showed a 2, 3, or 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version