NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #75 on: <05-08-15/0210:09> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

Tobbis rubs the back of his head. Help someone else to do a thing. Well, he supposes he could run a quick matrix search to assist him. "Alright, I can help with your search there.. if there is other data to be found, I've got a few special order agents that I can use." He lies. They weren't agents, but sprites.

It was going to take an least an hour to get to where they needed to go, giving him plenty of time to reset up between then and now.. So moving to his car he climbs into the back seat, down in the foot area of the back seats.

There was some advantages to his small, child like stature, and this was one of them, as he could lay down across the seat, covering himself with a few blankets, or as he rather preferred, using his chamealon suit to blend into lower areas down there as he dove into VR as well, hot simed.

Ah the matrix, his constant companion that one day would betray him, leaving the poor changeling alone and bloodied, and whatever else there was. First things that came up onine was his vehicles sensor systems and the microcamera feeds he placed, as well as the ones  other had taken with them.

Then his biomonitor as well, another important asset to a technomancer himself. The auto-injector poised and ready to fill his veins with a number of chemicals, or using the respirator system, he could inhale a few others. No one really cared until he put on the mask. Thats what a villain would say, totally.

For now, he needed to dull his senses, increasing his fortitude against the effects of the matrix. taking a breath, he could feel all the pain of his body just stop, his pain editor activated.

Loading -

[spoiler]
Cause I haven't done it yet and it should be done now or never.
Starting Funds: 5d6 20
Dice is 6 Skill+7Logic+2 for hot sim
Assist Matrix Search for Solo's Data: 15d6t5 5

And I've just been informed that was wrong. So before we activate the pain editor, as that decreases my ability to do searches,
Dice is 6 skill, +5 lntuition +2 for hot sim.
Assist Matrix Search for Solo's Data: 13d6t5 4

[/spoiler]

With that assistance out of the way, he compiled a data sprite next.

[spoiler]
I'll roll both sides here, as it will speed things up. If you'd like to roll its own defenses instead, that could be done.
Compiling Level 5 data sprite
Compile level 5: 11d6t5 2
Level 5 Data Sprite resistance: 10d6t5 6
Fade vs 12: 13d6t5 2
Spending edge to reroll that fade. -.-.
Fade take 2: 11d6t5 2

Taking 8 points of stun damage of the bat. Really, Every test I rolled against this thing, only two success. At least I never glitched, though I came very close there.
[/spoiler]

Tobbis grits his teeth in the matrix world as the betrayal starts really flippin early. What the dreck was up with that?!

But he learned his lesson from the first time he started trying to do this, and that pain editor holds up. All that was needed now was for him to rest, and send messages as he lays there, recovering from the shock of being blasted by the series of unfortunate events.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <05-08-15/0214:06> »
To Snow Crush:<<Oh... that thing sorry for being cryptic about it... I was too hot and still needed the cash. Was the only way I was sure not to attract the wrong kind of attention. I would have used mojo if our asses were on the line but you handeled it so brilliantly there was no need to do so.... >>

Besides... Mojo is dangerous... makes you a target. A combination of skills like my own would have been identified by the corp in a second. he thought.

[spoiler]
With cooperation... limit increases to 8. And as we started with 10 hits... no need to roll extra dice 8 hits are kept... hanks guys.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-08-15/0303:04> by gilga »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <05-08-15/0317:47> »
The Frenchman nodded at Isaint, agreeing with his assessment of leaving asap. He couldn't get rid of the feeling that he had met the man before, and really wanted to dig deeper into that, but now wasn't the time.

Turning to Mel he offered a hand to help her stand. Madame, may I trust I will be giving you a ride to Oxford today? he politely said with a grin.   
Solo, are you ok doing your Shenanigans on a bike? I can take you there too if you want, that'll give you 1h30 at peace in the back seat.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <05-08-15/0347:07> »
Solo replies: Lets autopilot the bike... we will be safer togheter in a car. Can never be too paranoid.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <05-08-15/0622:23> »
Isaint had pulled into the street and activated grid guide, when he began searching trough the info packet Art had sent to them.
He listened with one ear to the chatter of the conference call while he scanned the packet for relevant info:
Where were good parking spaces to be had, and where could you get a decent cup of soycaf. In his experience, those were the places you could find a rival runner team.

He opened a little side chat with Snow Crash, Al and Daddy:
<<I'm on the road. As far as I can see, the best place to do a stake out of the math building would be the Radcliffe Observatory. If I had to guess, that's where the opp-force will have someone stationed, as well as at "The Royal Oak" pub.
Let's meet up behind Saint Anne's College>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #80 on: <05-08-15/0742:39> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, eastbound on A3211, London]

Al was driving with the window down, only the oncoming traffic lanes between him and the Thames. He didn't mind the rain coming in.

The data packet from Art was fun stuff - especially the part about the other team - and someone had attached the team assignments. He was a bit disappointed neither of the elven hotties was on his watch, but glad to be working with Snow again. A bit unhinged, but knew what he was doing.

Working his dying Lucky Strike over to one corner of his mouth, he responded to Isaint, Snow, and this Daddy character: <<Roger that, be there in about ninety. Feller I used ta work with is teachin' there at Oxford now - I'll give 'im a call, see what he can tell me about campus security an' so forth.>>

Then he opened up his line to the whole team: <<Anyone needs extra wheels, I'll have a BMW 400GT behind St. Anne's College in ninety. An' I was thinkin' about that other team. Jist talkin' out loud an' all, but seems unlikely they's also goin' fer the family. If'n Art's not full o' shit an' this whole shebang really is a voluntary gig on our side, then it's involuntary on theirs. An' if so, why'd they go to the trouble of a triple snatch jist ta keep the guy happy?>>

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <05-08-15/0845:18> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, King William Pub, London]

Replying back to Sarah and Dan, <<Yes, it would probably be best to knock them out early on. Reduce the number of things that could go wrong after all. However if they're being attacked already, we shouldn't. Rather we can use that to our advantage to convince them to come with us if they want to live.>>

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <05-08-15/0915:35> »
<<I need a place where I can summon a spirit, or multiple spirits. Even if they can't cross the house border, they will still probably be useful to have around.>> replied Hallucination
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <05-08-15/1207:46> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, Leaving London]

As you drive out of London, out past the giant rusting spars of the bio dome they’d once tried to cover London in, traffic, both physical and digital, dramatically drops off…after all, why would anyone want to leave the capital?  It makes you feel somewhat exposed but at least the roads aren’t entirely empty.  The motorway is maintained, after a fashion, but you get the distinct impression that motor vehicle wouldn’t be the transport method of choice for those with the money to influence where money gets spent on infrastructure…

…as you approach Oxford from the north east you are greeted first of all by the corporate glass and steel monstrosities rather than the so called ‘dreaming spires’ that make up the centre of the city.  This finally feels more like the environment most of you are used to…although more paranoid, more repressive, more brooding…

The journey through astral space is more or less a reverse of the physical one, from the urban blight of London you pass out into wilderness.  Even this close to the capital the feeling of ancient mana reclaiming the land is evident.  It feels wild, not quite feral and not really malevolent, more uncaring of the petty metahuman lives that fleetingly pass over it…

…streaking ahead past the dark and repressed nature of the corporate castles the mana field is replaced by the effects of the endless, or near as damn it, thirst for knowledge that surrounds the university that forms the bulk of the centre of the city.

The maths institute is warded unfortunately and leaving that one for now you approach the Randolph.  The party is already warming up and the self-satisfied auras of the rich do gooders fills the ancient building, picking out the wife in this lot will be next to impossible.  The house in the north of oxford is somewhat harder to pin down but eventually you match the astral to the physical location.  There are two teenage auras in the house, easily discernible by their roiling emotional state, two rather bored people you suspect are general staff and two who from their slightly more alert state would seem to be security.  There is indeed a watcher patrolling the site but you are able to evade it for now…
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <05-08-15/1442:06> »
Oh... the cooperate monsters the aww and power. While most runners are a bit unease in this environment Solo is a bit nostalgic. "If I did not know just how I became a cooperate citizen, I'd totally stay... the money was better than in the Shadows and despite the stigma, if you are high enough on the food chain the hours are not that bad..."
"But they needed to pay and they did... Solo had everyone that ever knew him killed... he was this angry. Poor technomancers... he thought... same shit but many years later. How could everyone I know lie to me?"
« Last Edit: <05-08-15/1445:55> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <05-08-15/1508:40> »
[Spoiler]recoverycheck: 13d6t5 6 [/Spoiler]

<<You can ride with me, summon them as we ride.>> Tobbis offered Sarah before they left.
« Last Edit: <05-09-15/0102:37> by Triskavanski »

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #86 on: <05-08-15/1641:35> »
Dammit, I wasn't expecting the Entire Maths to be warded, what the hell have they got to hide in there> Daddy scowled for about 15 or 20 minutes at the Institute,making sure to get a close look at anything with an aura outside the wards, Spirit or otherwise before heading out to the Randolph.

Well this is fun, lets find the Self content rich woman among all the rich people, This is going to be like shooting myself in the foot Daddy stays and checks out the area, again looking for any spirits or auras in the other floors of the Randolph as well as the nearby streets'

Finally, something easy-ish, two staff, the two kids, looks like two guards and a watcher guard dog, There's gotta be Trix support and a Spirit on call for that watcher
Daddies gonna hang out a few minutes longer, farther away from the house so the watcher doesn't get huffy and keep an eye out for any auras or spirits that may be somewhere along the streets or in adjacent houses
Last  thing we needs is for the neighbor to have extra security looking out for his fellow Urban Brawl buddy or something
« Last Edit: <05-08-15/1648:35> by DrZombol »
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

adamu

« Reply #87 on: <05-08-15/1743:45> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, M40 outside Oxford]

Al felt a pang of disappointment as Oxford’s lights loomed on the skyline. The rain had stopped, and it had finally gotten dark barely half an hour ago. Al loved driving on an empty road at night, and he’d not had nearly enough of it. The tortured voice of the Divine Horsemen’s legendary frontman was wailing loudly from his sound system’s second channel, and had been for the past hour. It had made keeping up with all the planning chat difficult, but near as he could tell it was proceeding well enough, and soon he’d stopped paying any attention at all. If someone needed him to do something, he was sure they’d tell him.

And plans...they never lasted past the first five minutes anyway.

Back in London he hadn’t wasted much time in his shop. Grabbed a case of beer, rechecked his go-bags, moved the weapons in the Beamer to the Bulldog’s smuggler hole. He’d never bothered upgrading the car’s autopilot - he hated the damned things - but he hadn’t disconnected either. And tonight, it’d be enough to tell it to just follow the van. Spike did his business on the street outside, and they were off.

Once on the M40 he’d called Professor Daniel Curtis, lecturer in parazoology at Oxford University. Using the windscreen to display the call made it just a bit hard to see the road as he barreled along in the fading light at ninety-per, but really, what was the worst that could happen? He only needed one hand to drink his beer.

The West Indian ork’s English was smoother than the Queen’s, his voice like cream on strawberries. Just listening to him, you’d never know he was fifty-one, which was something like two hundred or so in human years.

“Al, old boy, to what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Well, reckon it’s June 17th.”

“A day that shall live in infamy,” the decrepit ork chuckled. The strength of his practiced voice seemed to have sucked every ounce of vitality from the rest of him, and even sitting in there in a wingback leather chair in his library, he looked always as though he were about to fall over. Laughing was an extreme sport.

“You remember?”

“I’ll never forget. 2057. The day our catch managed to give birth even after it was dead.”

“We was towin’ ‘er into Inverness fer the bounty...”

“And its delightfully distorted progeny managed to work its way along her body and onto our bloody boat.”

“Who was it it got?”

“I believe his name was Roderigo. Angolan. Hadn’t been with us long.”

“Yeah, hell, thing bit that stumpy halfer’s hairy head clean off.”

A twisted smile wormed its way across the old teacher’s tusk-line. “Still a racist prick, I see, Al Guthrie.”

“Shee-it, baby, ol’ Al’s no racist. Hell, there’s a coupla keeb chicas I jist met tonight, I’d take either or both.”

“Just so. Well, actions do speak louder than words, and if you’d not been skeet shooting on the deck with your...what was it?”

“Beer can catapult...only empties, of course.”

“Of course. If you hadn’t been there, Defiance in hand, the thing would have had me next.”

“End of story - doubled our take.”

“That it did. I only wish I’d documented it better. But those were different days.”

They were indeed, Al thought, recalling the Herculean ork that had captained their boat, barking his orders to their ragtag crew of critter hunters in his thick Jamaican accent. Sometimes he had to look twice to be sure it was the same person.

“But you didn’t call me just to reminisce.”

“Well, fact is, drivin’ ta Oxford right now.”

“About time. You’ve been back in England for, what is it, three, four months now? And finally getting up to see me in person.”

“Yeah, hopin’ that’ll be the case. Fact is, though, feller’s gotta pay the bills.”

“I see. And how can I help?”

“Well, love ta have a chat about what security’s like on that there campus o’ yours....”
« Last Edit: <08-21-15/1102:53> by adamu »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <05-08-15/1837:49> »
Smiley makes it clear to Art he is in no hurry, that he wants the answers to his questions.  He sets his comm to autotranscribe their words in preparation to transmit to the others.  Regardless of any Judge Intetions results his face shows complete trust in the Johnson's words.

(JI roll is 8d6 base, not sure if I get bonuses for any of my magic abilities)

“Okay, you mentioned that the target is a willing scoop, is he in on this plan to pick him up tonight or is this simply schedule intel we have that we are acting on? “

“You mentioned another team, is it just one, do you know who they are? Do they know about us? Are they jumping in on our action, or is it the other way around?  Or is the target a jump ball for whoever can get him?  It matters because then we have an idea of what that other team knows.”

“On the subject of the other team, are we fighting them for the wife and family too, or just the primary?”

“Going back to the wife, any intel on her or the event she is at?  What does her security detail consist of?”

“Does the primary have a security detail?”

“You said you don’t care about the other team, what is the word on collateral damage beyond them?  If we have to be rough with any of the targets, how much is too much?”

“We get an address when we have the primary, do you want the family if we miss him or the primary without the family if we miss them?”

“Drop details: If we are being chased, are we going to get waived off the drop?  Or is a hot drop available?  You want the family as one drop or can we space it out?  Is the safe house for the target and family alone or can we linger as well?  Are we on the clock for the drop as well?”

In addition, Smiley will contact Snow Crash "I am good, I carry what I need and I can catch up to you on my hog."

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <05-08-15/2042:26> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, Outside King William Pub, London]

Snow crash opens his eyes again, settling back into meatspace again, scowling a little as he notes a lack of response from the other bike riders.

<Snow Crash to Smiley and Hallucination> [From your lack of response I guess you want to make your own way. Just don't forget we're on the clock here]

The albino orc spends a minute or two sorting through maps before pulling out into the evening traffic.

[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, Leaving London]

Snow Crash kept his focus on the road, still mulling over what he'd found out but making sure all the pieces fit before telling anything to the crew. A wry smile as the groupings start to settle down and he sees Al's comlink listed under the primary target group.

<Snow Crash to Al> [Well, seems we'll be rumbling together again. Hope things aren't as... interesting as last time... took me a week to get clean again, and some of it was a total loss.

Turning over how they would get into the institute in his mind he pulls up a browser window and starts looking into the Matrix Sciences section of the institute... it was short notice but it was his field of expertise and might provide at least himself a way to walk in without problems.

[spoiler]Computer Search: Mathematics Institute, Matrix Sciences division.
Computers 6 + Intuition 5
Computer Search: 11d6t5 2 hits
This could be important, so going to spend an Edge on Second Chance and reroll the fails

rerolling 9 dice
Computer Search - Second Chance: 9d6t5 4 hits
Total hits 6, Data Processing Limit 7[/spoiler]
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor