NEWS

Will Shadowrun Boston Get an expansion ?

• 9 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <10-07-16/0439:52> »
I just started playing shadowrun Boston and I wanted to  know will the online game get an expansion ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-07-16/1240:22> »
The makers of the game went bankrupt, so, that would be very unlikely. There is an expansion that came out though before they bit the dirt, The Infected.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #2 on: <10-07-16/1332:18> »
The makers of the game went bankrupt, so, that would be very unlikely. There is an expansion that came out though before they bit the dirt, The Infected.

That's not completely true. Cliffhanger Productions was actually two companies : Cliffhanger Games and Cliffhanger Software. Cliffhanger Software has gone under, but Games is still surviving for now. They even managed to send the items of the Kickstarter campaign (I received by bag, miniatures and t-shirts a few days ago).
I asked about Shadowrun Chronicles' future on Shadowrun's portal site, and Primetide (aka Jan Wagner, the company's boss) told me "It takes all the money we have to get the swag out, so we need to find a budget out of the work we currently do..."
Which means no update in the foreseeable future, but at least the company is doing some work-for-hire projects, which means they have a chance to get better and might be able to produce some new content for SRC someday.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Ammariel

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-09-16/0235:13> »
They already do have an extension already: ShadowRun Chronicles Infected: http://store.steampowered.com/app/405730/

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-09-16/2232:08> »
If the game were worth the name Shadowrun then I might care. It certainly wasn't worth the money I gave Cliffhanger.

I'll happily stick with Harebrained Schemes and their excellent products.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #5 on: <10-10-16/1458:41> »
I picked up SRC: Boston Lockdown and its DLC on the cheap early this year. It's pretty bad.
Amusing to play through with a friend or two and snark on, and the online community (what little there was) was the least obnoxious I've encountered in a long time, but it's otherwise just plain cheap and uninspired.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #6 on: <10-11-16/1432:56> »
Well even if you don't like the video game, at least it gave us the Lockdown sourcebook, which is IMHO one of the best supplements for SR5 :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-13-16/0656:09> »
Well even if you don't like the video game, at least it gave us the Lockdown sourcebook, which is IMHO one of the best supplements for SR5 :)
Couldn't agree more ;)

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-13-16/1636:27> »
OK, here's a chance to ask what I've always wondered:  Is that game any good ?  How is it similar or different from Shadowrun returns (dragonfall, and hong kong)?

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #9 on: <10-14-16/0419:45> »
OK, here's a chance to ask what I've always wondered:  Is that game any good ?  How is it similar or different from Shadowrun returns (dragonfall, and hong kong)?

I wrote a full review of Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown on Steam. I could link you to that if you want all the details.
[spoiler]http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008461918/recommended/267750[/spoiler]

But if you'd rather skip the three page essay:
The two series share some superficial similarities, but compared to SRR/DF/HK, Chronicles is incredibly shallow in pretty much every way: In game mechanics, lore consistency, and especially writing.
(oh my god is the writing bad; not just in prose, but basic structure: There's more than a few typos, and the Infected DLC especially is riddled with grammatical errors, spelling errors, and just plain bizarre Not-English sentences)
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM