NEWS

Who is Your favorite Writer?

• 63 Replies

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #60 on: <05-26-14/1420:14> »
Raymond Chandler. When I write, I ask myself if I made it Raymond Chandler enough. I have my own style and my own introspections so I'm not afraid of cloning his work, but he is my idol when it comes to writing.

I love Lovecraft for his ideas, and a little for his writing vocabulary, but dear god, he cannot write dialogue. Comes from his personal lack of expertise on the matter, I understand.

A vote for Richard Morgan as well.

I also have to gives special thanks to Stephen King. I have not read any of his books, except for a single one: "On Writing". Changed everything for me.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

ChewyGranola

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <06-16-14/1645:54> »
Patrick Rothfuss, Neil Gaiman, Jim Butcher, Richard Matheson, Devon Monk, J.K. Rowling (go ahead and judge :P)...those are the authors that pop up in my head first.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #62 on: <07-10-14/1947:13> »
Michael Moorcock, Glen Cook, Jim Butcher, Brandon Sanderson, Andrzej Sapkowski, Terry Pratchett, Patrick Rothfuss, Robert Jordan, Margaret Weis, Dan Abnett, D.M. Cornish, Robert Heinlein, Lev Grossman... Not in that order. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Herohades

• Newb
  • Time to dance with Jak o'the Shadows
« Reply #63 on: <07-13-14/2230:52> »
Robert Jordan, J.R.R. Tolkien, George R.R. Martin, R.A. Salvatore, and Brandon Sanderson are my favorites.