NEWS

New Shadowrun Books, the FAQ, and Abbreviations

• 6 Replies

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« on: <09-27-11/0324:19> »
Attitude, Spy Games, Street Legends, all but one of the Artifacts missions, the Horizon missions, and the pdf-only books do not have official abbreviations listed in the FAQ under the "What does this <abbreviation> mean?" section.

Only a rabid dzoo-noo-qua hairdresser would want to use his own made up abbreviations in his notes; risking having official ones come out later that differ from his in which case he would be compelled to go through his notes and change them all.

Though my assumptions would be;
10G = 10 Gangs
10J = 10 Jackpointers
99B - 99 Bottles
AT = Attitude
BMR = Bad Moon Rising
DA:M = Dawn of the Artifacts: Midnight (assuming that the FAQ is a typo for Dawn, and should be DA:D, not D:AD)
DA:DH = Dawn of the Artifacts: Darkest Hour (same assumption as DA:M)
DG = Digital Grimoire
DW = Deadly Waves
H:AS = Horizon: Anarchy: Subsidized (or A:S = Anarchy: Subsidized, or H:A:S = Horizon: Anarchy: Subsidized, but me thinks there should be a colonoscopy somewhere in there)
H:FC = Horizon: Fistful of Credits (or FOC = Fistful of Credits, but to keep the series theme as with DA:*m "H:" helps indicate the Horizon series)
MST = MilSpecTech
PAZ = Parazoology
RA:M = Rotten Apple: Manhattan
RBB = Runner's Black Book
SG = Spy Games
SL = Street Legends
TOD = This Old Drone
US = Unfriendly Skies
WOTA = Way of the Adept

Of course, I would prefer a lowercase "p" at the end of the abbreviations of each of the pdf-only books to indicate it as such. But yeah. I think that's all the ones missing from the FAQ. :)

Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-11/0329:51> »
GH = Gun Haven/Heaven
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-11/0427:58> »
SRM = Shadowrun Missions.  Used as a general abbreviation for the entire missions program, and in conjunction with a number (i.e., SRM 04) to denote a specific Missions Season.
CMP = Convention Mission Pack. These are "one shot" missions adventures that are not tied to a specific location or Missions season, and are created to be run and played in at game conventions.  Used by itself to describe the Convention Missions in general, and with a year (i.e., CMP 2010) to denote a specific production year.
PM = Prime Mission.  Missions designed for high level characters that have been promoted to Prim Runner status and retired from regular Missions play.  This is a planned, upcoming Missions project.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-27-11/0516:04> »
Sweet. Is there any access (pay-for or otherwise) to the CMPs?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-11/0519:48> »
Coming soon, I hope.  (Soon beinga  relative term in this business, of course. :))

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-27-11/0527:02> »
Hehe, I've been playing SR since 1990, so I'm well accustomed to the relative terms. The abbreviated version is to just say " Coming SoonTM " :)

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #6 on: <09-27-11/0937:52> »
I'm very much looking forward to having an option to get hold of convention mission packs, Bull. When I was able to go to conventions, there was never anything slated for SR so no way to access them. And the one convention I can (sometimes) make it to, PAX Prime, has no Catalyst representation at all (which I've always found odd, given its location).
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.