NEWS

PbP: Mission 02 - 01, Parliament of Thieves, 5th edition revamp.

• 122 Replies

Landmine

• Chummer
« Reply #120 on: <11-08-14/0012:36> »

Now there are some questions be resolved that are basically GM stuff but where we'd like the whole party to be involved. I think we can start soon.
  • Where's it going to take place. Denver is not compulsory anymore because we would only have put it there because souffle_girls's run would take place there. Aside from vanilla Seattle, NAN might be interesting, South America holds some interesting options, Europe seems quite interesting as well and Asia might be something different for once.
  • Do we want to the two groups to interact? If so, there are certain limitation that can get annoying (both must more or less always be at the same date, which means, that someone will always have to wait; you have to stick to the same area, and so on). If not, we are deprived of an interesting element. Personally I would call for no, since it gives either group more freedom to develop a creative and interesting story.
  • Is it okay for you players, if the GMs have a character joining the group? Swapping characters is annoying, difficult and sometimes unplausible, though the SR setting is making it easier than e.g. a fantasy setting. I for myself can say that we have done it like this in over 15 years and there hardly ever was a problem if the group members don't keep bothering the GM char with questions like: "What do you think? Is it dangerous to go in there?"
  • Which year? Afaik e5 is normally 2075, isn't it?

1. I don't have a preference for a city, but I would prefer North America or Europe in general because I know much more about those countries and geography. Although after reading a little, Denver does seem like an interesting place.

2. I would like for the groups to have some interaction. It doesn't have to be a consistent thing, but I anticipate that at some point there will be some character swapping between groups. It could be as simple as knowing the same fixer that might set them up for a job later.

3. I think it is inevitable that at some point we will have a GM character in a thread that is running. I have no problem with that character being an NPC in the story. If something like the "GM character face is talking to himself" situation comes up, we can handle that on an individual basis. That being said, I think we should take some effort to avoid the situation when we can.d
"normal speech"  thought  "Matrix"   "Subvocal"  "Foreign Language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <11-08-14/0019:34> »
Perfect.
If that's fine for everybody we will then make two seperate groups. If not (e.g. Landmine), we will have to think of something else, but all three GMs seem to favor some kind of independence in the plot. They can, however, have a same basis (like starting in Denver) so that we can swap chars at a later point. Raven and I agreed that we would like to start the run in NA but then go somewhere else. Details are to be planned. Is everyone fine with that?

As for the GM chars: I think they should be chars with not so much direct interaction: deckers, riggers, muscles, something of the sort. Not the leaders, not a face.

I will now open a new Thread called "PbP Group 2 (Raven Runner & Volker)". May I please ask Ragallach, Poindexter, Landmine, 8-bite and Shrazkil ask to post there opinions, questions and so forth concerning this group in that thread?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

RagallachMC

• Chummer
« Reply #122 on: <11-08-14/1052:54> »
I'll start a thread for group 1.  Let's move discussions there.