NEWS

Here's what i'm doing, dammit! [PbP PvP 5ed] recruiting closed.

• 366 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #30 on: <09-23-14/1531:01> »
@Other Players

Do we all want to create one free contact with a connection rating and then each take different loyalty ratings? We have 7 free karma, so we could have a universal fixer and then maybe maybe the same mechanic (probably a bad example, but you get the point).

My main preferences for having shared contacts would be either a Fixer or a Gang Leader. Fixer is obvious, gang leader gives us all similar area knowledge and maybe we've worked together before for the same gang. Plus, you know, a more connected background. I personally like Fixers to have a high connection, so I'm going to say my preference is 4+ on connection. Gang leader doesn't matter to me, but thinking anywhere from 2-4 for connection.

i'd prefer if it wasn't one dude who knows all of yall. Lets wait till everyone is done with all their contacts, then everyone look over everyone elses and pick one you think your character would know.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #31 on: <09-23-14/1847:34> »
All right, sounds fine to me.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <09-23-14/1942:23> »
well all of my contacts are contacts left over from the multi team game. I will try to mod them to the new setting with new backgrounds then i will post them here to see if you guys are interested in sharing any of them
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #33 on: <09-24-14/0152:57> »
We are doing this in the CZ right? So far it seems like everyone is fine with that. Just asking, because I'm reading a bunch of background material to try and flesh out my contacts.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-24-14/0218:31> »
We are doing this in the CZ right? So far it seems like everyone is fine with that. Just asking, because I'm reading a bunch of background material to try and flesh out my contacts.

It will spend alot of time there.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <09-25-14/1834:57> »
the season 5 prep files have a lot of contacts in them we could steal to use in our game. It is free to download on drivethroughrpg

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/119272/Shadowrun-Missions-Season-5-Prep-Files

These two seem to be the closest to Johnny's style :)

Becky 99 Connection: 4
Nick Ryder Connection: 3
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

8-bit

« Reply #36 on: <09-25-14/2124:56> »
Sorry that I haven't posted sooner, my life has just been really crazy at the moment. I too am going to pull a contact or two from the prep files. Still not 100% done with them yet, so I'll edit/make a new post when I am.

For now, here's how I decided to use my Interest points; hopefully they are all ok in your mind Pointdexter.

Bars and Clubs 6
Alcohol 6
Religion 6
Music 2

Basically face stuff. Bars and Clubs to know where to take people for a dinner (could also change to restaurants if that's the more "high-class" sort of thing). Alcohol because my character appreciates the finer drinks (Even if he can't always afford them), Religion because he learned a lot when learning how to better serve the Loa, and Music because why not have a thing for Classical music (I'm thinking like Mozart and stuff, not 2012 Drek which is positively ancient according to Shadowrun).

On Chicago, I might as well ask a few questions.

Are we going to encounter insect spirits (if you don't want to answer that's fine)? I'll run like hell if we do. Are we going to encounter Strain 3 Fluorescing Astral Bacteria which is apparently littered everywhere. Again, I think I'll stay away from those. I'm not 100% familiar with 2075 transportation methods. From what I understand from reading Bug City, transportation is both expensive, not extensive, and terrible. What are our options going to look like?

That's all I can think of for now. I'll try to get contacts finished soon, I promise. I hate when life gets crazy like this.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-26-14/0426:08> »
Bars and Clubs 6
Alcohol 6
Religion 6
Music 2

I'd change bars and clubs to a specialization off area knowledge, unless you're going for bars and clubs in general and not just the ones in the chicago area that you're likely to have been to

Are we going to encounter insect spirits
Are we going to encounter Strain 3 Fluorescing Astral Bacteria which is apparently littered everywhere.
From what I understand from reading Bug City, transportation is both expensive, not extensive, and terrible. What are our options going to look like?

1- ya never know, but IF ya do as street level characters BELIEVE there will be a way out. I aint gonna march no one into certain death.
2- one can never tell.
3- on yalls budget? slim.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #38 on: <09-26-14/1216:34> »
Bars and Clubs 6
Alcohol 6
Religion 6
Music 2

I'd change bars and clubs to a specialization off area knowledge, unless you're going for bars and clubs in general and not just the ones in the chicago area that you're likely to have been to

I already have Chicago Area Knowledge, so I think that will most likely suffice. What about Politics? My character is very much interested in moving higher in status and reputation; does Politics cover the current movers and shakers (such as the movers and shakers of the various corps that have come back into town)?

Are we going to encounter insect spirits
Are we going to encounter Strain 3 Fluorescing Astral Bacteria which is apparently littered everywhere.
From what I understand from reading Bug City, transportation is both expensive, not extensive, and terrible. What are our options going to look like?

1- ya never know, but IF ya do as street level characters BELIEVE there will be a way out. I aint gonna march no one into certain death.
2- one can never tell.
3- on yalls budget? slim.

1 - That takes a lot of my mind. I've seen some pictures of insect spirits, and they are pretty frightening (this is coming from someone who hates bugs of any kind)
2 - That's reassuring...
3 - All right, so lots of walking for us then.

---------------------

I am still finishing up 3 of my contacts, but I decided to take Sarah Silverleaf from the prep files. Just so people know if they want that as a shared contact.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <09-26-14/1339:57> »
Bars and Clubs 6
Alcohol 6
Religion 6
Music 2

I already have Chicago Area Knowledge, so I think that will most likely suffice. What about Politics? My character is very much interested in moving higher in status and reputation; does Politics cover the current movers and shakers (such as the movers and shakers of the various corps that have come back into town)?

Politics is great, but in your case, I'd take a specialization. Politics (corporate) cause it sounds like thats what you're aiming for.

Also, why NOT throw a point of specialization into chicago knowledge  and make it chicago knowledge (bars and clubs)? Adds a teeny bit more flavor to the character, y'know?

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #40 on: <09-26-14/2002:16> »
Bars and Clubs 6
Alcohol 6
Religion 6
Music 2

Politics is great, but in your case, I'd take a specialization. Politics (corporate) cause it sounds like thats what you're aiming for.

Also, why NOT throw a point of specialization into chicago knowledge  and make it chicago knowledge (bars and clubs)? Adds a teeny bit more flavor to the character, y'know?

I like you're suggestions, definitely fits with my character.

Here are my revised skills (Just checking with you one last time):

Politics 6 (+2 Corporate)
Alcohol 6
Religion 4
Music 3

Area Knowledge: Chicago (+2 Bars and Clubs) - This was part of my normal points and not bought with the extra points you gave us.
« Last Edit: <09-26-14/2007:58> by 8-bit »

8-bit

« Reply #41 on: <09-26-14/2110:38> »
Sorry for double posting here, but here are my contacts. I ended up taking 2 from the Missions prep files; one from Feral Cities, and created one of my own. If you need more background (specifically on the one I made up) just tell me. I wish spoilers worked. This post is going to be long, hopefully nobody minds. I'm posting their backgrounds in case anyone wants to take them as their connected contact.

--------------------------------

Lothan the Wise | Talismonger
Connection 4 | Loyalty 3

Lothan the Wise ran the shadows of Seattle for many years, his prime being during the mid-’60s when he mentored and teamed with Street Legend Kellan Colt. He considers himself a mystical genius which he backs up with towering confidence and arrogance, and he considers himself an expert in all areas of magic and magic theory. His attitude may be a little unwarranted, but you cannot deny he knows a lot about magic. He moved to Chicago a couple years ago and opened up a talismonger shop called “The Wisest Troll.”

Lothan is an aging Troll, though he is still massive and powerful. What he has lost in physical prowess, he makes up for in magical ability. His hair is bone white, and he dresses very flashy, favoring purple and gold robes over his armor, and he wears expensive jewelry that doubles as powerful magical foci.

Connection: 4
Loyalty: Max Starting 3

Quote: “You’ve come to the right place. Of course I have the knowledge you seek.”

Sarah Silverleaf | Fixer
Connection 5 | Loyalty 2

Sarah Silverleaf is a gorgeous and intelligent elven representative for Renraku in Chicago. She recently transferred here from Tîr Tairngire, taking over the operations that Renraku had largely abandoned following Bug City. With the Governor’s call to reclaim downtown Chicago, Sarah is looking to not only reclaim lost Renraku property, but to also grab as much land as possible. She may be a curvy knockout, but anyone who underestimates her lives to regret it.

Sarah looks like a buxom, blonde “naughty secretary,” a look she plays up for all it’s worth. Short skirts, low-cut blouses, and a flirty smile backed up by big credstick get this lady anything she wants.

Connection: 5
Loyalty: Max Starting 2

Quote: “Sweetie, why don’t we discuss this some more. Over dinner, maybe?”

'Egrand' Alexeij | Gang Leader
Connection 4 | Loyalty 2

After their previous leader, self-proclaimed King Vlad, died in June of 2068 in a violent dispute with the True Chicagoans over highway tolls for stretches of the interstates running through Horde-controlled territory, the ork gang boss Alexeij took over command of the Horde and its primarily metahuman population. Alexeij emerged undefeated in the fights for succession and immediately relocated his headquarters to the Govinda Enterprises Golf Course, between Jefferson Park and Lincolnwood.

The Horde consists of numerous small- and mid-sized gangs sworn to Alexeij. Each outfitt controls its own turf and sources of income. Every month or two, there’s a big to-do where the gangbosses bring gifts to the Egrand, who divvies them up—insuring that every gang has what it needs to survive.

Heavily involved in the Or’zet movement and ork subculture, Alexeij remodeled his mob’s structure and war council hierarchy according to ork urban legends. While he handles trade negotiations with outside enclaves, his lieutenants carry out raids or run the regular bloodsport events and rutra matches (Or’zet: ork martial art).

The most prominent gangs under Alexeij’s direct control are the Nko-Ga (Or’zet: Metal fists), the Fleshmongers, and the Scorchers. Our internal investigations pinpoint the Fleshmongers as the responsible party for the organized grave robbery throughout the Montrose and Bohemian National Cemeteries this summer.

While outnumbered by other factions, the Egrand and his gangs have access to a large pool of vehicles put together and maintained with parts acquired during raids or from trading. The Horde collects a toll from anyone traveling on the highways or through Alexeij’s turf. Primarily trading mechanical parts or surplus vehicles with the Northside collectives, any contraband or black market merchandise is sold to Alexeij’s smuggler contacts near Calumet. Alexeij maintains tight relationships with outside smuggler outfits, exclusively delivering their contraband to Hordecontrolled markets, while his mechanics provide maintenance work for the smugglers’ T-Birds and VTOL’s.

Johnny Greene | Smuggler
Connection 5 | Loyalty 2

Johnny Greene is a rough and grim looking Dwarf. Spending most of your life in the CZ will do that to you. Born in 2050, he grew up tough like most who lived in the CZ, and he quickly found out he was exceptional at finding the ins and outs through Chicago.

As soon as he could, he got himself fitted with a control rig and started his own smuggling business. He spent some time away from Chicago building his list of contacts, but he's back now. Most people know him; if you need it, he can get it for you. It's only logical that you would pay through the nose for it.

Quote: "I can get you what you need. Nobody knows how to circumvent security like me. Of course, I'm sure we can come to a completely reasonable price."

I don't know how you want us to post character sheets, if you want them here at all. I can do chummer5 file, or a spreadsheet. Or just plain posting format like what is used at the Character Creation subforum.
« Last Edit: <09-26-14/2113:49> by 8-bit »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <09-26-14/2135:10> »

i have a bike. You can ride on the handle bars if you like ^_~

8-bit

« Reply #43 on: <09-26-14/2158:45> »

i have a bike. You can ride on the handle bars if you like ^_~

Not sure how much I trust big, good, "man of the people" troll. At least with someone like Sarah Silverleaf I know she works for her own rise in power (and her corporations) and I know what her intentions are. A good person though? No one understands your motivations, it just doesn't make sense!

I'm joking with you. That's how Silk would probably see it though; as just you trying to trick and manipulate someone.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <09-26-14/2346:25> »
'Egrand' Alexeij | Gang Leader
Connection 4 | Loyalty 2

After their previous leader, self-proclaimed King Vlad, died in June of 2068 in a violent dispute with the True Chicagoans over highway tolls for stretches of the interstates running through Horde-controlled territory, the ork gang boss Alexeij took over command of the Horde and its primarily metahuman population. Alexeij emerged undefeated in the fights for succession and immediately relocated his headquarters to the Govinda Enterprises Golf Course, between Jefferson Park and Lincolnwood.

The Horde consists of numerous small- and mid-sized gangs sworn to Alexeij. Each outfitt controls its own turf and sources of income. Every month or two, there’s a big to-do where the gangbosses bring gifts to the Egrand, who divvies them up—insuring that every gang has what it needs to survive.

Heavily involved in the Or’zet movement and ork subculture, Alexeij remodeled his mob’s structure and war council hierarchy according to ork urban legends. While he handles trade negotiations with outside enclaves, his lieutenants carry out raids or run the regular bloodsport events and rutra matches (Or’zet: ork martial art).

The most prominent gangs under Alexeij’s direct control are the Nko-Ga (Or’zet: Metal fists), the Fleshmongers, and the Scorchers. Our internal investigations pinpoint the Fleshmongers as the responsible party for the organized grave robbery throughout the Montrose and Bohemian National Cemeteries this summer.

While outnumbered by other factions, the Egrand and his gangs have access to a large pool of vehicles put together and maintained with parts acquired during raids or from trading. The Horde collects a toll from anyone traveling on the highways or through Alexeij’s turf. Primarily trading mechanical parts or surplus vehicles with the Northside collectives, any contraband or black market merchandise is sold to Alexeij’s smuggler contacts near Calumet. Alexeij maintains tight relationships with outside smuggler outfits, exclusively delivering their contraband to Horde controlled markets, while his mechanics provide maintenance work for the smugglers’ T-Birds and VTOL’s.

i love this guy! It would be awesome for Johnny to run one of his smaller horde gangs. I'm going to steal him from you

@Poindexter

It seems we only have 6 interested players or the 8 you were looking for. That's also assuming that everyone who posted is interested in playing. Any ideas on how to fill the remaining spots?