NEWS

Recruiting for massive multi-team 5th ed PbP (Need 1 Gm(maybe) and 4 runners)

• 173 Replies

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #30 on: <08-01-14/1934:15> »
Looks like 3 Players are wanting New Orleans. I think it was fleshed out a little in 4th edition.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

eximius

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <08-01-14/1942:08> »
Hey!

I was browsing a couple different sites looking for a good PbP game and as soon as I saw this thread, I wanted in.

I would love to play in this sort of campaign. As for PvP, I'm torn. I agree we shouldn't take a job to hit the other team, but maybe run two concurrent jobs at the same location - not directly opposed jobs, but related. If there are a few shots taken, so be it.

At the same time, say one team does a data steal another team needs a copy of. If negotiations go south, or they decide to just straight up steal from the other team, it would be the first time *I've* ever had base defenses be relevant - in any rpg.

I've been dying to play this character concept I thought up... (which I will withold until I approve with a GM :))

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #32 on: <08-01-14/2031:24> »
Don't forget crazy-ass swamp people and their hoodoo.

Good point! Clearly magic zombie hoodoo is a must.
If we went this way I'd probably play a mage, we would probably want a fairly heavy magic presence in voodoo land. Maybe my wiz ganger concept, depending on whether that would fit with the GMs concepts.

If we do go with multiple cities, how do we handle contacts, and travel between cities?

Should we invest in Coyotes or smugglers for that?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #33 on: <08-01-14/2036:29> »
 8)
I'd be totally cool with play in New Orleans. I'm hoping to run a magic character. I think New Orleans has a lot of areas to explore, since it is coastal that opens up a lot of area to move the group... In land, to the seas, or just see what is under the floor boards at the local Hoodoo's house.
 8)
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

eximius

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <08-01-14/2117:16> »
Wow, magic heavy crowd. I should mention my concept is also magic, albeit an Aspected Magician.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #35 on: <08-01-14/2308:39> »
Well hell, I'm in; scheduling aside.

GM or player?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <08-02-14/1706:03> »
Well hell, I'm in; scheduling aside.

GM or player?
First PbP campaign,  so player.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <08-02-14/1851:32> »
Then an idea I have toyed around with for a while and could be of some use here, I've thought about getting a game together with some friends where the starting epilogue showcases the top ten becoming the top nine. Essentially one of the top ten stuck out its neck to far and got its head cut off. The Players would then be working in most cases companies trying to get that coveted 10th spot or be hired to make sure the nine stay just nine. With this, each GM could get a couple of companies built on some ideals and let the players choose which they wish to help bring up. For that, the st's could choose separate cities to play in and build the companies that fit in the areas. But thats an idea that you guys can take or leave.

I think this is a pretty great idea for a multi-group campaign.    Especially with the top 2 or 3 trying to keep it at 9 since they were able to set themselves up to divvy up the new revenue streams between themselves, shutting the rest out...because the knew it was going to happen.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <08-02-14/1914:28> »
Then an idea I have toyed around with for a while and could be of some use here, I've thought about getting a game together with some friends where the starting epilogue showcases the top ten becoming the top nine. Essentially one of the top ten stuck out its neck to far and got its head cut off. The Players would then be working in most cases companies trying to get that coveted 10th spot or be hired to make sure the nine stay just nine. With this, each GM could get a couple of companies built on some ideals and let the players choose which they wish to help bring up. For that, the st's could choose separate cities to play in and build the companies that fit in the areas. But thats an idea that you guys can take or leave.

I think this is a pretty great idea for a multi-group campaign.    Especially with the top 2 or 3 trying to keep it at 9 since they were able to set themselves up to divvy up the new revenue streams between themselves, shutting the rest out...because the knew it was going to happen.

Or they were the ones to cause it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <08-02-14/1954:12> »
I've been updating the original post as people sign up.

If your name aint on that list and it should be, lemme know.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <08-02-14/2004:45> »
So how are we (The GMs) going to keep contact? Will there be a thread where we can discuss things? Through PMs?
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <08-02-14/2130:33> »
Damn it. I'm just going to find time for this. Would you add me to the list of potential players please Poindexter?

I like all of the ideas in this thread. The Big 9 idea is especially intriguing and New Orleans could be all sorts of fun as a setting.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <08-02-14/2150:10> »
Number 2, in a previous response I think I said the best way was to exchange skype accounts so that it can be seen by all GMs and easy to see. As a player, I am not the one to decide, but in my experience with stuff like that, its the easiest. And yay..! My ideas are liked.. lol.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <08-02-14/2229:43> »
So how are we (The GMs) going to keep contact? Will there be a thread where we can discuss things? Through PMs?

No idea yet, but im sure once we get one or two more, we'll all figure sum out.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Number 2

• Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <08-02-14/2236:06> »
I like the idea of trading Skype accounts. Although, I don't have a mic.
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!