NEWS

Jacksonville based PbP game. (Backups Needed)

• 251 Replies

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #240 on: <07-19-14/0238:19> »
Did we have any backups in line for this?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #241 on: <07-23-14/0118:57> »
If you're needing back ups, I can still throw in my hat.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #242 on: <07-23-14/0312:54> »
Yeah, I'd like to also if not to late. I can get a character together quickly since my other one is.. well.. 'banned' from CAS.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #243 on: <07-23-14/0330:51> »
CAS?

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #244 on: <07-23-14/1202:34> »
well, it says the game is based in Jacksonville. The only Jacksonville I know of is in Northern Florida, so in this setting that would mean that its part of Confederate States of America or CAS.

martinchaen

« Reply #245 on: <07-23-14/1557:01> »
Huh. There are apparently other cities called Jacksonville in North Caroline, Texas, and Arkansas. Who knew! I think most of those would still be in the CAS, appropriately enough.

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #246 on: <07-23-14/1616:02> »
Huh, I didn't know about those and I double-checked the cities with the map. All of them would be in CAS, though the Aztlans could change that with taking the rest of Texas. I assume that the game is to take place in Florida, but I can always be wrong.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #247 on: <07-23-14/1621:04> »
The game is indeed taking place in Florida.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #248 on: <07-23-14/1936:41> »
Anyone interested, post up a concept and ill get at ya.

I'm looking for people who are moving from one way of living to another for one reason or another.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

martinchaen

« Reply #249 on: <07-23-14/1946:45> »
Two of my 5th Edition characters can be inserted in nearly any city given their background. I'm currently playing 4th Edition versions of these in other games, but am curious what their 5th Edition versions are like.

Cyclone, a cyber samurai (background is written for Chicago, but I can modify that):
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12790.0

Seijin, an adept samurai (background specifically left vague to fit in anywhere):
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16065.0

If you don't need a samurai, it's all good :)

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #250 on: <07-23-14/2024:43> »
My concepts, which as you know I tend to do a rough form first, and slowly sand and polish it out.

Street Assassin - A guy who has like no money what so ever, uses really cheap weapons and armor, lives on the streets. He's an adept, who prefers to take out his targets by dropping down on them. Usually uses his talents to steal, as a result he has the reputation of being a pacifist. Which does kinda hurt him in running assassin missions, except for those who are really in the know.

Those who know he isn't, he tends to be a very valuable assets to as stories of him killing anyone rarely ever stick around long. They also know he isn't someone who kills on a whim.

Personality wise, he doesn't push one way or another, preferring to live more simply by obscurity. However he does want to get off the streets soon, having payed off a few fees he had.

Mother Matron - A rather elderly woman, who uses a large amount of magic, and is particularly versed in healing arts. Especially under the table. She's not one who goes into combat or directly into runs. She's seeking money. Always seeking more money. Plans on buying a few islands with it, especially with her habit of extracting money from mafia and gang types.

Fool King - A young man who specializes in performances and theft. Seeks to eventually become a world famous jewel thief, like Bill Mason or  Harris Moore. He does however also idolize Harry Hodinnie and more current escape artist magicians as well. His alias changes a few times, as methods of tricking or befuddling his foes. For example one time he had an obvious fake sin called "One of our Own" was the name for it. Obviously he didn't broadcast that when he went in, but when they started looking for him. A decker ally switched his fake Sin for one a police officer was using increasing the confusion.

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #251 on: <07-23-14/2106:31> »
I don't have any other characters made just yet, but I can do a couple on the spot.

Trent Duke: An Elf out of the warzone known as Austin, Trent learned to be fast or be dead. Being an Adept from the area and living in a Martial Life style, Trent broke out to get away from the constant drills and attacks. With a little cash in his pocket, some gear and weapons with some of the fastest hands this side of the Mississippi, Trent is looking for a place where his talents could be of us, either in Breaking and Entering or Quick Death. (Gun Adept)

Alexandre De La Croix: An up and coming lawyer caught with his pants down in the wrong house, Alexandre was a defense lawyer with many of his clients being the smugglers and crews of New Orleans. While he kept friends in low places, his women in bed were always higher. Unfortunately, one was the main squeeze of a Mafia Enforcer. So he got muscled out of the big easy, but still has his law degree, money squirreled away from 'cash deposits' and plenty of contacts willing to hire out a good team to clean house. (Face)

Kenneth McKellen: A loud mouth kid from New York that tried to make it as part of a go-gang. All went well until a rival gang killed the boss, took his old lady and torched the club house. Homeless and friends dying, Kenneth sold the gear from what could be salvaged. Bike parts, weapons, drugs, anything he could sell to get some scratch to make a run out of the city before they got to him. He has some magical abilities, but he thinks he just has more skills than others, not magically endowed. (Brawler Adept)