NEWS

New GM looking for runners for PbP [5E]

• 116 Replies

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <04-28-14/1742:52> »
For street level I'd love to play a mundane gunbunny, probably human and not with any cyber (yet at least). Would need to give some thought as to whether he is an aspiring Street Sam or more of a merc.
Don't have much experience myself of shadowrun but that just means the gm can handwave some rules without protest ;)

Always nice to at least have a little muscle! Could I get a little more info on the concept?

I was thinking a guy that spent his formative years in a gang but a coup by a bat shit crazy lieutenant soured him on that lifestyle.  The lieutenant turned leader totally changed the way the gang worked, protection fees turned into violent extortion etc.  The aspiring gunbunny managed to negotiate an exit fee with the understanding that he would stay the hell out of their turf or die.  So he finds himself with little to no cash and being shunned by most of his old contacts.  Turning to shadow work seemed to be the best of his poor options.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #31 on: <04-28-14/1803:17> »
For street level I'd love to play a mundane gunbunny, probably human and not with any cyber (yet at least). Would need to give some thought as to whether he is an aspiring Street Sam or more of a merc.
Don't have much experience myself of shadowrun but that just means the gm can handwave some rules without protest ;)

Always nice to at least have a little muscle! Could I get a little more info on the concept?

I was thinking a guy that spent his formative years in a gang but a coup by a bat shit crazy lieutenant soured him on that lifestyle.  The lieutenant turned leader totally changed the way the gang worked, protection fees turned into violent extortion etc.  The aspiring gunbunny managed to negotiate an exit fee with the understanding that he would stay the hell out of their turf or die.  So he finds himself with little to no cash and being shunned by most of his old contacts.  Turning to shadow work seemed to be the best of his poor options.

My ork probably knows you or at least knows OF you, as he's going to have lots of connections with and knowledge of local gang culture.
« Last Edit: <04-28-14/1808:00> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <04-28-14/1821:25> »

My ork probably knows you or at least knows OF you, as he's going to have lots of connections with and knowledge of local gang culture.

Yeah, if he's connected he'd probably have heard of it.  Can't decide though if the gang would want this exile to be really discreet or very very public.   Seems like it would be either or with nothing in between.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #33 on: <04-29-14/0324:39> »
Posting stats and history tomorrow. Somewhere along the line, I got tired enough that my math got creative and I have no idea where the screw-up started.

As it stands, I either have a character who has been running since 1887 or unified field theory.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <04-29-14/0416:16> »
Kalarin. Were you thinking about using the street scum rules (BCDEE or CCDDE priority array) or the street level rules from the chargen chapter (that only cut down on starting karma and cash)?

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <04-29-14/0433:45> »
Kalarin. Were you thinking about using the street scum rules (BCDEE or CCDDE priority array) or the street level rules from the chargen chapter (that only cut down on starting karma and cash)?

This is actually a really good point... I need to think about this a little. Anyone have thoughts? I do quite like the idea of BCDEE at least.... I am wondering how much this is going to screw with any of the concepts that have been posted already :(

I was hoping to post more today though I got swamped with work and I have another few more hours at least. Once I'm done I'll post something a little more substantial. I'll also spend the time to read through the sheets that have already been submitted.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

gazer

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <04-29-14/0451:05> »
if you are changing the priority array i would say that would change everyone's characters a lot, that said it would be more fair for money characters. i will hold off making my dude until you decided my vote is for BCCDE 

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <04-29-14/0526:20> »
My 2 cents are for BCDEE/CCDDE (being able to choose either one).

Tiamut024

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <04-29-14/0731:26> »
If you ladies and gentleman are looking for anymore I have been eyeing this thread, if you have room I can whip up a character relatively quickly, I have plenty of concepts to use. Just going to wait for the go ahead before I start posting any character sheets. Also going to wait for confirmation on any custom chargen rules as posted previously!

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <04-29-14/1137:01> »
i'd prefer regular ol street style with abcde, if possible.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Celtibero

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <04-29-14/1212:41> »
BCDEE would make thing quite interesting but after looking at the sheet "kitty" would absolutely need for ABCDE to function, in alternative i had a character in my head, a technomancer, hispanic Origin, he came to Seattle with his mother, she was a researcher for a AA corporation, her research was purely scientific and wanted to help mankind, she died before completing it, the research was however used for military purposes by Ares after buying the smaller corporation, when his kid sister needed help with the treatments (as she was hill) the corporate gave them (Miguel and his sister Maria) the finger. disgruntled with how Ares behaved, Miguel dropped out of med school in order to work to pay for the treatments. it would probably go on, by i am aiming for a anacho-communist on a warpath versus the corporations.
Thought
Speech
Matrix
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-29-14/1225:30> »
i can make the face work on another layout if i need to. He probably just wont be an adept, is all.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #42 on: <04-29-14/1242:44> »
I'd prefer to stick with street-level with ABCDE. It saves me from confusing myself.
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-29-14/1244:48> »
I'd prefer to stick with street-level with ABCDE. It saves me from confusing myself.

me too
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <04-29-14/1245:12> »
I kind of prefer normal street level rules myself, but that's mostly because I've really come to like making my characters stat-heavy at the start.  Like, A or B in attributes so that they really don't need to worry about boosting stats any for a loooong time and can focus on skill development as their main progression.

That said, I can work with whatever you decide I'm sure.  It will just make me stare at the character sheet for a while longer trying to get it how I want it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral