NEWS

New GM looking for runners for PbP [5E]

• 116 Replies

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #105 on: <05-01-14/0028:40> »
Well I was the last one to the party, so I will just sit out and consider me benched, 6 is a crowd I agree. As for B&E, I definitely though about it and it would be very easy to squeeze in, though wouldn't obtain the Hardware skill for rewiring MAGlocks and the like. Will consider myself benched unless read otherwise here ^^

I think I can make it work if you would like to give it a go. I see you're already GMing a game, your experience may come in handy and and as there are a far more players than GM's I'm happy to at least try to get you in a game as a player. I was mostly worried about having 2 characters that seemed to be 95% geared toward killing things as it's not quite what I'm after.

It's your call :)
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <05-01-14/0033:11> »
I was mostly worried about having 2 characters that seemed to be 95% geared toward killing things as it's not quite what I'm after.

SOMEBODY has to stand behind the face, amirite!?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #107 on: <05-01-14/0052:00> »
Intro to Duckdown

Orks don't live near as long as the rest of you, so we live harder. We dance harder, we fight harder, we sleep harder, we dream harder, we love harder. It's that last one that's the most powerful, man. Love, duuuuuude, love. Love's how the ugliest smeltery worker you ever seen ended up pairing with the raging fire of a woman that is my mother. She's 46 now, older than most of us get, and the proud mother of 11 daughters and 6 sons. I still got three brothers out there somewhere. They're all grown and moved on, i think one of em joined the army or went to jail or something. I'm not really sure. Sisters, i got two left out there. As rough as life is for everyone, it's even rougher for us, and rougher still for our women. I can't even imagine what trolls have to go through. damn. can't even imagine... Anyway, my sisters Agatha and Theresa still live in town. I'm pretty sure neither of them are officially members of a gang, but they hang out with those guys ALOT. Agatha's 13 years old. She's an adult. I don't really give a shit what SHE does, but Theresa is still just a kid. She should at least TRY to go to school. At least till she hated it so much, she started acting out and getting into fights to get out of it. That's what i did. That's what you're supposed to do. That's like, what school is for, right man?

I used to be an angry little trog, y'know?

I was really into my hands as a kid. I wanted to climb with em, and build stuff with em, and beat people up with em, and i got pretty good at doin all that stuff. But then, there was that one day. My mother was living with my late sister Monica's father at the time. I think his name was Terrance or Jessica or something. Probably not Jessica. Anyways, he played hardcore beebop jazz saxophone and me and him really got along well, unlike most of my mothers partners. He was a crazy guy, always tellin jokes, bouncin around, fidgeting with his fingers, come to think of it, that trog was probably a cokehead. Fraaaaaag. I always wondered why mom threw him out while she was pregnant. Ok, anyways, he comes home from a gig one night, late as shit, and he brings with him, into our living room, this nice lookin drumset. It was the shiniest thing I'd seen in my entire life, and long after my siblings had finished fighting over it and lost interest, i just kept banging on that thing for years. Nowadays, I'm just the best drummer in the plex. It aint no big deal, chummer.

I used to rock with El Chupacabracadabra. I don't know what bullshit the label made em change the name to. I don't listen to that pop drek, but you've probably heard em. I was the only ork in the group, and no one really understood the struggle but me, so once i started writing songs for em, we stared blowin up. Eventually, the type of guy i am got to be too much of a liability for em. See, in the music biz, you gotta be able to lie to people's faces and pretend to be stupid. That's how you get that nuyen. You make what the teeny-boppers wanna hear. Something to keep the little corp kids from realizing THEY are what's wrong with the world. Either that or tell the ghetto kids that they matter and not to sell drugs. I wouldnt do it. When i write a song, it's the chip truth. So, they got a record contract and replaced me with some dandelion eater. Changed the name and fired our dwarf manager, too. Name was T-Ball. Solid guy. Kindof a dork, but he was always straight with us. Dude always had our backs and they did him like that? Did me like that? Buncha squishes, with their frakkin squish bullshit.

I kinda lost my temper. I don't like to dwell on the old stupid days, but lets just say, some property was damaged, some charges were pressed, and i got arrested. Good thing T-Ball still liked me. He didn't have the connections to get the charges dropped, but he got em lessened and my time reduced. I did 8 months for destruction of private property and criminal mischief. I was lucky. They coulda got me for grand theft auto and attempted murder if they really wanted to be dicks about it. I'da probably died in there if they'da hit me with that. Prison turned out to not be so bad. It mellowed me out a lot. And not just cause i started smoking a LOT more zen. I also did a lot of soul searching and a lot of writing. If i could sing, I'd have an entire album ready to record.

When i got out, T-Ball tried to get me legal work, but between my new criminal SIN, my race, and the new pastime i'd picked up in jail, that never panned out. It dawned on me about five months after i got out that i was gonna have to make money on my own. I'd met a few people who did a few things playing with 'chupa around town for all that time. Seems it's time to make some calls...
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/1337:37> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <05-01-14/0116:21> »
-contacts     

Former manager, T-Ball  loyalty- 2 connections- 4 kindof dorky, but he's a good guy. dwarf in his mid 50's with a twisty beard. Knows a lot of people you'd expect someone in the music biz to know.
drug dealer, Drank   loyalty- 1  connections- 2   The cousin of a human rapper i met in jail. I told him i'd play drums for his album when he gets out. He's a lazy shit though, so it'll probably never happen.
go- ganger, ZipLine      loyalty- 1 connections- 3  The ork widow of my late brother, Leonard. They had two kids together. She doesn't really like me, but she knows i'm good for my word.
bass player, Deen    loyalty- 4  connections- 2 Troll woman I've been dating for the past three months. She's an INCREDIBLE bass player, and an uncompromising philosopher. She's a violent drunk though and sometimes, shit can get outta hand. She's had a rough life and sometimes she takes it out on me. I think i love her, but i haven't told her. I doubt she loves me, but what the hell do i know, right?
illusion mage, Sully     loyalty-  3  connections- 3  This is the guy that used to do stage effects for us back when chupa first started getting big. He hooked up with us for free, just for the exposure, but soon, he was getting offers for paying gigs that we just couldnt match. Dude is really talented, and even though we havent seen eachother in a long time, we still keep in touch.

please note, i DID jiggle around some of the ratings here, so they differ from what's on the character sheet.
i can go back and change that if you'd like.
 while im at it, i think i'll delete all the old versions of this character, to save space.
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/0118:58> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #109 on: <05-01-14/0257:40> »
It looks like I managed to lock this somehow! Should be all good now.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #110 on: <05-01-14/0259:57> »
I hate it when misclicks happen. Glad it's fixed!  :D
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <05-01-14/0607:44> »
Regarding the characters knowing each other then anyone with decent gang knowledge or a gang contact has probably heard at least some of the rumors that have been spread about Slim by his former gang.  How they view him would depend on whether they believed said rumors or not (Slim has a notoriety of 3 from Bad Rep).  If anyone has any smuggling or black market connections they could also know of each other through that avenue.

Slim's Contacts
Black Market Arms Dealer, C3 L2, Freddie Hucknall, Ork, 41 y/o.
Works out of the Crime Mall in Puyallup.  Was Slim's main weapons contact while he was doing business for his gang and decided he knew Slim well enough to ignore the rumors he heard.

Fixer, C1 L1, Honest Joe, Dwarf, 66 y/o.
I had this one mostly figured as a stopgap, if Kalarin decides we'll get a mutual fixer in the early stages I'd not hesitate to redistribute these points elsewhere.  Note: He is not honest.

Smuggler, C2 L2, Rex, Human, 23 y/o.
Main smuggling route is on Route 7 north through Puyallup into Tacoma.  Rather low level in his organisation which is mostly Amerindian but he knows some people.

Street doc, C1 L2, Andy Greenwall, Human, 54 y/o.
When Slim decided that he wanted to save up for some ware he did considerable research into the local street docs.  He wanted to make sure that when he went under he would be in capable hands and more importantly wouldn't end up in some ghouls belly.  This doc in who has his practice in a rather nice neighborhood in northern Puyalupp was the one Slim decided to go with.  They had several conversations about which way Slim wanted to go with his ware and became casual acquaintances.

Decided to spend an extra karma point on the smuggler contact, will edit the Char Sheet post accordingly.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #112 on: <05-01-14/0829:35> »
Regarding the characters knowing each other then anyone with decent gang knowledge or a gang contact has probably heard at least some of the rumors that have been spread about Slim by his former gang.  How they view him would depend on whether they believed said rumors or not (Slim has a notoriety of 3 from Bad Rep).  If anyone has any smuggling or black market connections they could also know of each other through that avenue.

Slim's Contacts
Black Market Arms Dealer, C3 L2, Freddie Hucknall, Ork, 41 y/o.
Works out of the Crime Mall in Puyallup.  Was Slim's main weapons contact while he was doing business for his gang and decided he knew Slim well enough to ignore the rumors he heard.

Fixer, C1 L1, Honest Joe, Dwarf, 66 y/o.
I had this one mostly figured as a stopgap, if Kalarin decides we'll get a mutual fixer in the early stages I'd not hesitate to redistribute these points elsewhere.  Note: He is not honest.

Smuggler, C2 L2, Rex, Human, 23 y/o.
Main smuggling route is on Route 7 north through Puyallup into Tacoma.  Rather low level in his organisation which is mostly Amerindian but he knows some people.

Street doc, C1 L2, Andy Greenwall, Human, 54 y/o.
When Slim decided that he wanted to save up for some ware he did considerable research into the local street docs.  He wanted to make sure that when he went under he would be in capable hands and more importantly wouldn't end up in some ghouls belly.  This doc in who has his practice in a rather nice neighborhood in northern Puyalupp was the one Slim decided to go with.  They had several conversations about which way Slim wanted to go with his ware and became casual acquaintances.

Decided to spend an extra karma point on the smuggler contact, will edit the Char Sheet post accordingly.
-contacts     

Former manager, T-Ball  loyalty- 2 connections- 4 kindof dorky, but he's a good guy. dwarf in his mid 50's with a twisty beard. Knows a lot of people you'd expect someone in the music biz to know.
drug dealer, Drank   loyalty- 1  connections- 2   The cousin of a human rapper i met in jail. I told him i'd play drums for his album when he gets out. He's a lazy shit though, so it'll probably never happen.
go- ganger, ZipLine      loyalty- 1 connections- 3  The ork widow of my late brother, Leonard. They had two kids together. She doesn't really like me, but she knows i'm good for my word.
bass player, Deen    loyalty- 4  connections- 2 Troll woman I've been dating for the past three months. She's an INCREDIBLE bass player, and an uncompromising philosopher. She's a violent drunk though and sometimes, shit can get outta hand. She's had a rough life and sometimes she takes it out on me. I think i love her, but i haven't told her. I doubt she loves me, but what the hell do i know, right?
illusion mage, Sully     loyalty-  3  connections- 3  This is the guy that used to do stage effects for us back when chupa first started getting big. He hooked up with us for free, just for the exposure, but soon, he was getting offers for paying gigs that we just couldnt match. Dude is really talented, and even though we havent seen eachother in a long time, we still keep in touch.

please note, i DID jiggle around some of the ratings here, so they differ from what's on the character sheet.
i can go back and change that if you'd like.
 while im at it, i think i'll delete all the old versions of this character, to save space.

This is plenty of info for anyone else wanting to write up some contacts.

@Poindexter So long as you stick close to the original concept I'm happy for you to keep tweaking until a few days before the game starts. When I make a character I like to mess around with it for days at least. Happy for you or anyone else to do the same. I'll have a decent look over the sheets before we start to see if I can see any errors.
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/0835:48> by kalarin »
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <05-01-14/1155:45> »
ok, i adjusted the character sheet to reflect the changes i made to contacts as well as deleted the old obsolete character sheets.
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/1330:07> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #114 on: <05-01-14/1959:00> »
Seems I am making decent progress with my ideas for the game. I may even be able to start a little earlier depending on how busy I get over the weekend.

I will make an OOC thread later today, once I do would everyone please post up their character sheets in there? It's a little annoying navigating the thread to look at these and this way you can modify them in there as we need to before the game starts. I'd like all of these at the top of the thread so only just keep it to that one post please.

I'm had a little bit of a look at the Seattle 2072 4E source book looking for a decent starting location. Fox Island is looking like a good choice, we will be starting somewhere in that region regardless. I'll confirm once I've read a little more!
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #115 on: <05-01-14/2044:03> »
I have it copied and ready  :)
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

kalarin

• Chummer
« Reply #116 on: <05-01-14/2251:45> »
Thread is up :) http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=16317.0 I look forward to seeing this game start! As the thread states, there are a couple of characters that are either not finished or I haven't heard from the player in a day or so. The roster may change if these people are no longer keen, though at this stage applications are still closed.

I'm looking for a little consistency here. I want at least a post a day, If this reopens please take this in to consideration.
Thought
Speech   
Astral   
Matrix