NEWS

Anyone interested in a pbp?

• 114 Replies

Blaq Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <12-10-13/0834:13> »
Any and all backstory or character concepts can be sent directly to my personal message inbox. By last Idea did you mean the calfree state Hollywood runners or the shadowband?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <12-10-13/1308:19> »
How does Redmond sound as a place to make your name? i was thinking kumi or kumi-in level yakuza in a new budding gumi or front for one of the larger gumis. That sound acceptable to everyone?

If this is what everyone wants, I would have to take a bow and leave the stage. It does not sound the least bit interesting.
« Last Edit: <12-10-13/1330:58> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Blaq Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-10-13/1400:05> »
so anyone who's interested and needs some inspiration for making a shadowband member, check out the 4th edition book "attitude" there is an entire chapter devoted to the music scene and arguably another four chapters that correlate with characters looking to make distinguishable sounds in a world where noise comes in 3 separate realms of existence.

I'm excited to get this campaign started, so lets see if we can have characters hashed asap! Just spam me any ideas and i should respond within no more than 10 hours(yeah I sleep what of it!?)

Wiz!
I look forward to gaming with you
   Blaq Bandit

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-10-13/1543:25> »
I know that I'm leaning toward the AABCD idea you put forward (though it might take some adjustment to one of the priorities for mundanes since mundane is Priority E in Magic), with the Resource column moved up to what the character creation section calls 'Prime Runner'. I just want to give that a shot.

Blaq Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <12-10-13/1558:54> »
fifth edition core page 354 on the right hand column is a heading called "high life". it handles increased restriction ratings and generally more of a "big wig" feel. talking to CEOs, maybe actually encountering a dragon, and a definitive sense of "team" from a shadowrunning perspective. the build is AABCC

Is everyone okay with this gamestyle? It should provide some flexibility so you can make characters based off of their personality rather than what is effectively viable. It will make the violence in campaign have sometimes irreparable consequences should the team become exposed.

The real question is, what kind of music do you want to be involved in or play? Goblin rock would make for a fun combination of ganger level violence and neoanarchist shadow ops...
« Last Edit: <12-10-13/1606:19> by Blaq Bandit »

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <12-10-13/1604:57> »
And the only issue is what to do with mundanes. Do they get one of the priorities bumped up further under that to compensate for the E they'll have, or do they just eat a wasted priority slot?

Monkoflords

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <12-10-13/1955:34> »
Well, my character, given the whole western vibe, would probably fit the high life scenario a bit better.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-10-13/2027:47> »
If under the 'High Life', would you be raising the Resource column and creation karma levels to the next stage? (Rather important piece of info)

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-10-13/2040:43> »
I would have loved to play, but i must remove my earlier plea to play. Things got a whole heck of of lot busier all of a sudden and my free time is now at a premium ~_~

Sounds like a super cool idea though. Good luck guys! Don't do anything i wouldn't do  8)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <12-10-13/2041:45> »
I would have loved to play, but i must remove my earlier plea to play. Things got a whole heck of of lot busier all of a sudden and my free time is now at a premium ~_~

Sounds like a super cool idea though. Good luck guys! Don't do anything i wouldn't do  8)

Awww...  :'(

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <12-10-13/2244:19> »

Is that like giving us permission to break out the Assault Cannons, Grenade Launchers and use high explosives ?
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #26 on: <12-11-13/0402:04> »
ok, talk me through the mechanics of it. are we musicians, or shadowrunners? or both?
do we do rolls on the musical side? ie performance 6 (jamming +2)?
how would a musician go about shadowrunning when theyre on tour? or if they have gigs booked in?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Blaq Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <12-11-13/0442:44> »
@all4bigGuns; The money and karma limits do not normally change under these rules, but for the sake of answering questions im going to make two modifications to the standard set for high life. Should you choose to be mundane, when you prioritize your AABCC, rather than selecting a c grade magic or resonance skill, you may instead increase the letter of your wealth by 1 I.e. a mundane would get AABB rather than AABCC. How does that sound? I guess that insenuates you're either a metavariant or a wealthy mundane human. As for karma, I will allow an extra 10 points worth of positive karma gained from negative qualities.

@Imveros; I'm sorry to hear that your freetime has been diminished, good luck in meatspace, hope to game with you some time down the road.

@Hellion; Sounds like a light show to remember.

@Csjarrat; Really your role in the overall band is up to you. So far it sounds like we have a bouncer and some sort of roady, but if youre playing anything with charisma, you might just be able to woo the crowd and make it big before your life ends on a botched run. The actual jobs involved will vary from social engineering to assasinating a rival band's members or holding them hostage to delay them from playing. Also, being on the road with a legitimate excuse and enough nuyen in your pocket to make a SIN look real can be a an advantage in the shadows, You're hard to keep track of, you have access to places most people will never go in any kind of live music event, and as long as you are not being tracked, tagged, or pursued via some kind of ritual mojo, then you'll probably make it to the next venue, provided you still have the means to get there, and that in itself is a potential for work if you aren't a direct band member(get us out of the middle of nowhere, find us transportation, we can pay you once we hit civilization). Then again, if you are a band member, who really does want to make a name in the music scene, its your civil duty to make it to the next gig, and rock face until its time to hit the road again. Essentially, you pick your place in the band, you try to make money and survive the brutal process of moving from place to place, you set up, you tear down, you run security, you make pre-emptive strikes based on enemies from your past, and if you're lucky, you get famous or become so damned good at what it is you do people want to know you, and maybe even pay you to do it for them.

Blaq Bandit

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <12-12-13/0025:13> »
are we looking for more of a black shades and trenchcoat campaign, or pink mohawks and large guns?
« Last Edit: <12-12-13/0426:05> by Blaq Bandit »

Rainslicker

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <12-12-13/0430:42> »
are we looking for more of a black shades and trenchcoat campaign, or pink mohawks and large guns?
I prefer Black trenchcoat rather then pink mohawks.
Best Regards
Rainslicker

"Why waste negative entropy on comments, when you could use the same entropy to create bugs instead?"
Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.
ASCII stupid questions and get EBCDIC answers.