NEWS

Post-Gencon 2011 Thanks

• 12 Replies

Scuzzy

• Newb
  • Unleash the Wildebeest
« on: <08-08-11/1425:18> »
Firstly, hello! I'm Scuzzy; mostly in name and only occasionally in nature. ;{)> The mundane name on the SIN, however, is Dan. It's great running with you all.

I figured my introductory post should be about my first time volunteering for Catalyst as a Shadowrun GM. I need to thank everyone -- my players, my fellow runners, and my newfound GM peers -- for the opportunity. It was a blast! I especially want to say "Thanks!" to Bull for taking the chance @ Gencon 2011 on us "rook" GMs. I also need to thank Fringe; having clued me in on the empty slots.

It was some of the best fun I've had during Gencon, especially the "Whose Run Is It Anyways?" panel. I'm looking forward to next year and really helping out around the con. Might even go to the next Origins, if you'll have me.

oe t  fg ot n   v ro e-  e el nt n  te  o t. tw o   h ra s"
An Irish philosophy: In life, there's only two things to worry about...

Excerpt from Retired Life in the Late 21st Century: "Daddy, what's 'Graphic, old-timey goatse?'" *Synthahol spit-take*

Faradon

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-08-11/1744:05> »
Hello!

Corey here, and I was also a first-time Catalyst GM @ Gen Con.  It seemed like all my players had a blast and I can assure you that I had a great time as well. It was really a good experience to get out of the environment I am normally in with the home game I run, shed my house rules, and get a fresh perspective with some new players.   

If you were in one of the games I ran please feel free to spam my PM box with whatever feedback you might have.

Oh, and I also wanted to give a shout out to CGL for taking care of their GMs!  I used to run D&D games for TSR/RPGA back when GenCon was still in Milwaulkee... and never got half as good of treatment as you guys seem to go out of your way to give.  Great work!  Really makes me want to volunteer again. :)

Grendel2061

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-09-11/0014:05> »
I would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to all the GMs of the GM cadre who came out to GenCon and worked diligently to make it a good convention and a positive experience for all of our loyal fans.  I would also like to thank Bull for his tireless efforts in keeping us on track and ensuring that the schedule, with its multiple iterations and changes, was complete and delivered with time to spare.  Also, a big thank you to Catalyst for their support for the GM cadre in both booth swag as well as hotel comp.  And for the pizza at the tournament as well.  I hope everyone takes a moment to catch their breath, clean their weapons, and repair their armor.  Because we have to start planning for next year.
The essence of life is struggle, and its goal is domination.  There may be deeper meanings and higher aspirations, but they exist solely within the mind of man.  The meaning of life is war.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #3 on: <08-09-11/1035:52> »
Hey Scuzzy...

You must come back next year for the Whiskey Flight Challenge.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #4 on: <08-09-11/1037:28> »
BTW, what makes it most fun for me are all the great players! It's a joy to GM all the great people who show up.

Scuzzy

• Newb
  • Unleash the Wildebeest
« Reply #5 on: <08-09-11/1614:42> »
I will most definitely be there for the Gencon 2012 "Shadowrun Flight School." ;{)> In fact, if anyone's ever in Dayton, my favorite Irish pub has tons of whiskeys available for imbibing. They're not averse to pouring a perfect Irish Carbomb either.

Slainte mhath!

h or ho ";  h hs ig n. re

Excerpt from Retired Life in the Late 21st Century: "Daddy, what's 'Graphic, old-timey goatse?'" *Synthahol spit-take*

Fade

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • CDT Lead RPG Agent
« Reply #6 on: <08-09-11/2139:22> »
Scuzz, you may wanna brush up, brother.  From what I remember, you were the last one to finish the FIRST Guinness!

And next time, Dire, flights start early!

Mike Messmer
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <08-09-11/2214:59> »
I'd like to thank everyone that I got to meet while there. It was great to meet many of you all face-to-face. Now, I just have to cast the mindwipe so you don't remember what I look like...

nojosecool

• Chummer
  • RE:PWN
« Reply #8 on: <08-09-11/2222:48> »
I'd like to thank everyone that I got to meet while there. It was great to meet many of you all face-to-face. Now, I just have to cast the mindwipe so you don't remember what I look like...

Mindwipe?  I thought spoofing cybereyes and doctoring camera footage were more your style.
This is not Grand Theft Auto, this is Shadowrun.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <08-09-11/2224:09> »

Mindwipe?  I thought spoofing cybereyes and doctoring camera footage were more your style.
It is, but there's only one way for those chummers with Mk. 1 Cybereyes.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #10 on: <08-09-11/2238:45> »
It was good to meet you, too, 'Jack.  Heck, it was cool to meet everybody.  It's always fun to put faces to (user) names, after years of interacting on-line.

EN 429

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-11-11/2142:32> »
Played with two buddies of mine in our first 4th edition SR games. Our GM for 2 or 3 of our numerous events was Robin and she was great. Many of the other players were fantastic, helpful, and enthusiastic. This was a Gencon must. I can't wait to sign up for next year's SR Scramble- we heard it was fantastic.

Scuzzy

• Newb
  • Unleash the Wildebeest
« Reply #12 on: <08-14-11/0638:33> »
You are half right, Fade. As my brother and I were "fashionably" on-time for the meet-n-greet, I was the last to finish my second Guinness whilst the rest of our contingent were finishing their firsts. ;{)>

'twas truly a great way to kick the convention off, however! Shall have to get the ol' liver back into shape afore next year.

As for my maiden voyage behind the screens, I truly appreciate all the players and their patience during my first year GMing SR misssions. I can only hope my delivery both @ the TT and during the "Whose Run..." sessions partially made up for it!

BTW: a follow-up to the "Flight School" must be Scotch eggs @ Champions.

i m  hr ra  e si ho a  c  h  oa s     ei es m  t