NEWS

Runner's Companion Errata?

• 14 Replies

Andinel

• Newb
« on: <09-07-12/1555:10> »
Has there been any official errata issued for Runner's Companion? Especially regarding karma-based character generation. It seems that the Shadowrun Hero Lab module follows different rules for karmagen than the printing I own of Runner's Companion.
« Last Edit: <09-07-12/1600:03> by Andinel »
Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Number 176 of 1500

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-07-12/1640:30> »
Has there been any official errata issued for Runner's Companion?
Yes.
The German printing is the official Errata

HougH!
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Andinel

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <09-07-12/1649:03> »
Unfortunately I do not have access to the German printing. Where can I find a document that details the errata for the English printing?
Shadowrun 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Number 176 of 1500

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #3 on: <09-07-12/1704:30> »
I don't believe there is any official (English) errata for it. Sorry.
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-07-12/2034:27> »
I don't believe there is any official (English) errata for it. Sorry.

The version with the new cover would be it. Of course, it's been errata'ed as well (just not a printed one) going by that conversation about HeroLab's karma total for creation that's been talked about (and dissed by some).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-23-12/1819:58> »
Until it makes it into the actual rules, a conversation, even with the head honcho of the company, is not an errata.

1,000 karma is good for two things - creating prime runners (my definition: high dice pools in specialty, breadth in other skills, and most gaps and weaknesses filled in), or creating those quirky types of characters that simply wouldn't be possible under more stringent character creation rules.  It is not conducive to creating "beginning" characters, nor does it have any kind of parity with 400 BP character creation.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-27-12/0939:42> »
I really wish CGL would release official errata for Runner's Companion and Augmentation.  Both books have been out for years.  Both books have errata incorporated into foreign and/or later printings.  It should not be hard to make the errata available to us.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <11-27-12/1501:27> »
I really wish CGL would release official errata for Runner's Companion and Augmentation.  Both books have been out for years.  Both books have errata incorporated into foreign and/or later printings.  It should not be hard to make the errata available to us.

And both books have newer printings that have had it incorporated.

Until it makes it into the actual rules, a conversation, even with the head honcho of the company, is not an errata.

It is more of one than a FAQ document that has entries which contradict the actual rules.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <11-27-12/1806:40> »
Which brings us back to the question - if CGL can incorporate the errata into a new printing, then why can't they release the errata?  Forcing players to buy duplicate books just to get the errata is very poor PR.  I can't think of a single other gaming company that does that.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <11-27-12/1809:23> »
Which brings us back to the question - if CGL can incorporate the errata into a new printing, then why can't they release the errata?  Forcing players to buy duplicate books just to get the errata is very poor PR.  I can't think of a single other gaming company that does that.

So, basically you're just CGL bashing in two separate threads? Again, errata is not that important, and like I said in the other one, to me it just sounds like the whining MMO players who power-level through the entire game in a week or two and then complain that there isn't constantly more crap coming along just to suit them and only them.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <11-27-12/1920:33> »

So, basically you're just CGL bashing in two separate threads? Again, errata is not that important, and like I said in the other one, to me it just sounds like the whining MMO players who power-level through the entire game in a week or two and then complain that there isn't constantly more crap coming along just to suit them and only them.

I completely fail to see your comparison.  Whining about when the next product will come out seems to me to be the equivalent of what you're talking about with MMOs.  Asking where the errata is is more akin to asking the company to patch the bugs in a computer game.

I also completely disagree with you.  Errata affecting game rules and understanding is very important (and most game companies regard it this way) - personally, I don't care about the typo errata.  SR4, Street Magic, Arsenal, and Unwired all have errata that substantially affects game-play (if not generally then at least for characters using the specific piece of gear or specific rule) - I would be shocked if Augmentation and Runner's Companion did not have such errata.  That is why I'm asking about the errata.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <11-27-12/2028:19> »
Actually, if you buy the PDFs and they release a new edition, you get a free updated PDF.

Twilight

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-27-12/2132:26> »
FastJack - that's another good piece of information.  Are the updates only through Battleshop or also if you buy them from DriveThru?  I don't remember receiving any PDF update notices from DriveThru (I think all PDFs I've bought except SR4a were through DriveThru).  However, CGL generally charges much higher prices for PDFs than most other companies (at least if you bought a physical book) so I don't buy many PDFs for Shadowrun (mostly just ones where I"m only buying the PDF but I'm still old-fashioned and generally like having a physical book).

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #13 on: <11-27-12/2139:46> »
Login to drivethru, go to my library and filter on updates only
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-03-13/1145:59> »

And once again thats just you being a dick.
That comparison isn't valid in any level what so ever, just like was explained to you last time.
"An it harm none, do what you will"