NEWS

Random Thoughts Late At Night After Too Much Coke.

• 60 Replies

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« on: <05-05-12/2031:37> »
Been reading on "that other marvellous SR Forum" about a robocop build and it led me to thinking would it be possible to garage/workshop build something resembling a T1000 Unit? Whilst the chassis itself would effectively be obvious replacement cyberlimbs and the software to get those talking and cooperating I would expect would be relatively easy as the tricky DNI software would be bypassed/not needed. The only real problem I`m thinking would be writing from scratch a Pilot program and Autosofts for your new toy?
Of course I`m not imagining for a second that 2073 Agent/Pilot programs are even close to the capabilities of Terminators in the movies or TV shows.
I`m thinking more of a gang stealing a shipping container of Armenian knockoffs of popular Japanese manservant drones thinking they have a crate full of slow moving easy to topple bipedal coffee makers. Then thinking Home Security Options must be a cute mistranslation and why were these being shipped to Lagos, wherever that is?
A Steel Lynx patrolling is an obvious deterrant but a bipedal drone pointing a rifle at you seems to have a bit more of a clear "No Unauthorised Entry" message.
Damn, I`m losing my second Initiative Pass. Off to the fridge for another coke.  ;D
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #1 on: <05-05-12/2215:39> »
The cyborg thread from Dumpshock? Or the rigging one? Pilot and other drone programs are scarily good against "average" people, shadowrunners with 15+ dice not so much but to Joe average or Jim ganger, yeah pretty tough.

Edit- Numbers also matter, the best shadowrunner isn't going to stand a chance vs. a bunch of drones no matter how optimized they are.
« Last Edit: <05-05-12/2217:47> by Angelone »
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <05-05-12/2330:21> »
I tried coke once.  Carbonation bubbles burned the hell out of my nose.  Don't know how people can get addicted to it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-06-12/0002:29> »
Cocaine is a Hell of a drug.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Anyway, yes. There's the Blob drone from Spy Games, and there's the Plasm—a little monstrosity around the middle of this page—which was (oddly) one of several Constructs left out of RA:S and Brainscan. I mean, really, a friend of mine made robot ninjas using the rules in SR3. It's not going to be the baddest mofo on the planet, but a type of T1000 should be possible in 2074/5.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <05-06-12/0024:06> »
Did you mean T-800/Model 101 Terminator? Because the T-1000 was the liquid metal Terminator from T2.

The "Arnold" Terminator was the T-800, and later the upgraded T-850.

I think the closest Shadowrun build would be the Otomo drone being run by an AI instead of a cyborg brain.

-k

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-06-12/0028:18> »
I wish I could remember where the skelbots are in SR3.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <05-06-12/0142:10> »
I wish I could remember where the skelbots are in SR3.
A reason to invest in APDS.

Oh, where, not what.  Sorry.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-06-12/0224:56> »
AV ammo.

Man, AV ammo made the Constructs so much easier to kill—which I would assume is the in-character reason that even exists.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-06-12/0303:53> »
AV ammo.

Man, AV ammo made the Constructs so much easier to kill—which I would assume is the in-character reason that even exists.
Despite a very large wish to be able to game back then, I missed out on a lot of the old skool adventures and campaigns.   :'(

EDIT:  Which is why I'm happy to see SR2050 coming out, and I hope they have a good team doing the work on it!
« Last Edit: <05-06-12/0306:02> by CanRay »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #9 on: <05-06-12/0536:32> »
AV ammo.

Despite a very large wish to be able to game back then, I missed out on a lot of the old skool adventures and campaigns.   :'(

EDIT:  Which is why I'm happy to see SR2050 coming out, and I hope they have a good team doing the work on it!

They don't.  It's doomed.

Bull

;)

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #10 on: <05-06-12/1116:02> »
Yup thanks all I had meant the T800. The Otomo would be what I was thinking but perhaps a little bit too big and expensive. Shadowrun lacks  vehicle building rules and I was thinking of the feasability of getting 6 cyberlimbs, a comlink where the brain should be , duct taping them together and slotting in some code to make it all work. Hmmmm second hand cyberwear would make it even cheaper  ::) Now all I need to do is apply the Pimped Ride Mod, Possibly Mimic systems and source a plasma rifle in the 40megawatt range.
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <05-06-12/1149:20> »

Bull

;)
Story of my life...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <05-06-12/1631:27> »
AV ammo.

I am looking forward to it as well CanRay.  I can remember seeing the Shadowrun 1st ed.  When it came out back in 1989.  It was so slick.  Hard to run but slick.  It is going to be awesome having the 2050 time line with the 4th ed. rules.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #13 on: <05-06-12/1633:12> »

Bull

;)
Story of my life...

Well crap I guess I should read the full page before I type.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #14 on: <05-06-12/2041:24> »
I just hope that the people doing SR 2050 update some of the classic modules. Including Missing Blood, Harlequin, and all the others.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters