NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 575 Replies

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #510 on: <02-08-17/0643:16> »
I see that I have violated the first rule of math... Never math in public. You are correct, 10S damage to the now prone, but still alive armored guard.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #511 on: <02-08-17/1058:52> »
Dude, I have been there so many times.  It's the main reason I list out all my dice when I roll.  Bound to forget or mis-maths something.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #512 on: <02-09-17/0127:29> »
Ichante @ 16
Ichante will cast Chill at the armored security guard that's not prone and not bludgeoned.

Chill @ F6: Magic 6 + Spellcasting 6 + Spec 2: 14d6t5 3 hits, bollocks, that's what I got last time! 6 hits on 28 dice is bogus rolling (6th percentile).

Alright, soaking F-1 = 5 drain. Willpower 7 + Intuition 4 (8): 15d6t5 7 hits, no drain

Chill is a Direct spell so armor does not apply. Chummer rolls Body only to resist 3S and -3 Initiative. Each hit reduces the damage and the Initiative penalty by 1.

I'll get an IC up to cover Achak's beatdown and Ichante's casting once I know the result of the spell.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #513 on: <02-09-17/1820:37> »
Guard resists with 5 body, 2 successes, so 1s and -1 initiative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #514 on: <02-14-17/1623:12> »
are we still running?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #515 on: <02-14-17/1705:38> »
I owe an IC post for Ichante and her guardian spirit.

Next OOC actions are to the two armored guards.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #516 on: <02-14-17/2354:01> »
I must admit that I am a bit lost.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #517 on: <02-15-17/1300:58> »
Here are the next steps:

Initiative
Achak Initial
Pale Horse 26
Achak 23
Ichante / Casket 16

Armored Officer 16 / Armored Officer 14 (minus some wound modifiers from Achak's club and initiative modifiers from Chill, but I'm not sure which one is affected)
Chaim 13 (will be using Leadership per rednblack's post
Ghoul / Rent-a-Cop 11
Rent-a-Cop 10

So, action is to Crater for the time being to finish the Initiative Pass, then it'll be back to the top of the order.
« Last Edit: <02-15-17/1302:39> by Tecumseh »

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #518 on: <02-24-17/2226:57> »
To clear things up as far as which guard is hit:

Armored guard 16 took the wound (closer to the front of the elevator, so got the club). I'll assume that the same guard also took the Chill spell based on your IC post about going high/low, likely targeting the same guys to keep them pinned / finish them off faster.

Upcoming actions:
Guard 16 - After taking the hit from the club, he's down a couple dice and moving a little slower. Rather than targeting the PCs, he goes with his first reaction, which is to full auto spray the spirit directly in front of him. 14 Dice for 6 Successes which bumps his Ares Alpha up to 17P with -2AP.

Guard 14 - still has his wits about him more clearly and recognizes the imminent threat of Pale Horse. He squeezes off a burst at the cybered menace and gets 5 successes. So 16P same -2AP pending dodges

And finally, the large ghoul coming into the main room - lumbers to the closest enemy, which happens to be Casket, as he exits the door next to his, and swings a massive troll sized bear paw at the man. He gets a rather high 8 Successes for a melee claw attack of 18P.

Following the resolution of these actions, it'll be back to Pale Horse.

Initiative
Pale Horse 16
Achak 13
Ichante / Casket 6
Armored Guard 6
Chaim / Armored Guard 3
Ghoul 1

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #519 on: <02-25-17/0211:33> »
What about Spikes?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #520 on: <02-25-17/1451:49> »
Armored guard 16 took the wound (closer to the front of the elevator, so got the club). I'll assume that the same guard also took the Chill spell based on your IC post about going high/low, likely targeting the same guys to keep them pinned / finish them off faster.

Tec said that Ichante targeted the guard who had not been hit already. 

Ichante @ 16
Ichante will cast Chill at the armored security guard that's not prone and not bludgeoned.

Upcoming actions:
Guard 16 - After taking the hit from the club, he's down a couple dice and moving a little slower. Rather than targeting the PCs, he goes with his first reaction, which is to full auto spray the spirit directly in front of him. 14 Dice for 6 Successes which bumps his Ares Alpha up to 17P with -2AP.

This is the guard who took 10S, right?  Unless his WIL is 5 or higher, he's unconscious.  Unless his Physical Limit is 10 or higher, he's Prone.  GM interpretation as to how that would affect shooting.  He's also in melee combat, so there should be a 3 dice penalty, unless he knows Firefight or something like that, which would partially mitigate those mods.

As for the giant ghoul, 8 hits is nothing to sneeze at.  Casket will use the Full Defense Interrupt, costing himself that second pass.  For Defense he has: REA (6) + INT(3) + AGI (8) = 17 dice.
Full Defense: 17d6t5 6
That's close enough to want to Edge, which will be Casket's last
Edge Re-roll: 11d6t5 6
Casket successfully avoids the attack.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #521 on: <02-25-17/1839:13> »
Hmm, that's a coincidence. The non-spirit version of Achak also got nailed with a Full Auto burst yesterday too. Such symmetry.

I can't remember if it's in 5E, but in 4E there was a +2 Point Blank bonus that the bludgeoned guard would be receiving while attempting to shoot Achak. That would help counterbalance some of the negative modifiers he's under. I'll roll it as if the 5-hit attack stands.

Achak dodging: Reaction 9 + Intuition 6 - FA Burst 5: 10d6t5 3 hits

That reduces the damage to 14P -2AP.

Achak has Immunity to Normal Weapons. The AP of the attack means that he has 10 points of Hardened Armor. That provides 5 auto-hits in addition to:

Achak soaking: Body 7 + Armor 10: 17d6t5 4 hits

That means Achak soaks 9P of the 14. He now has 5 boxes of damage and a -1 wound modifier that changes his Initiative to 12.

Spikes should be @ Initiative 2 during this initiative pass.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #522 on: <02-25-17/2332:14> »
Then Spikes operates before the nasty big ghoul! awsome!

Simple action take aim + simple action FA burst (-5 to defend).

FA burst+ take aim: 15d6t5 6

Damage is 10P -2 AP + net hits.

« Last Edit: <02-25-17/2335:35> by gilga »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #523 on: <02-25-17/2349:37> »
Nice roll, Gilga. That oughta make him think twice.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #524 on: <02-26-17/1618:18> »
You are correct once again, sorry, still learning the whole GM thing. Let's see about corrections:

Initiative Order
Pale Horse 16
Achak 13
Ichante / Casket / Armored Guard 6
Chaim 3
Armored Guard 2 (-1 from chill spell)
Spikes 2
Ghoul 1

Armored Guard 6 is prone, and barely conscious, which explains why he targeted the spirit first rather than the squishier targets. Applying the 3 dice pool penalty for being in combat, adding another -2 for being prone, which is offset by a +2 for point blank FA fire, and then a final -4 for 10S damage (If i remember the track correctly), leaves him at a -7 penalty. I'll take the average loss and say he is down 2 hits from the previous roll, which means Achak took only 7P damage rather than 9P.

The ghoul narrowly misses smashing Casket, and hits a computer console nearby, smashing it to pieces. (Picture massive troll with Ghoul traits that are turning him into a kodiak-like massive bear troll monster).

Ghoul resistance to Spikes' attack: Roll to dodge = 2 Successes
So 4 net successes by Spikes means 14P, -2AP
Armor/Body Soak: 4 Dermal Armor + Body 9 + Bear Enhanced Physiology 4 = 17 for 6 Successes
So if I'm doing this right, means he takes 8P and is now at a -3 dice pool penalty.

He's probably pretty mad at you now... just sayin'....