NEWS

Idoru Sublime

• 1 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <05-17-12/1657:06> »
Motoko Kusanagi dove into electron sea, lines of light showing the datatrails all about her, as the meat faded away, and she found her true self again. The half-life she lived in the so-called 'real world' was nothing compared to her true nature. She shed the meat that couldn't fly, and sped along the lines of light. One of her friends in an anime forum had told her about this new idoru that was playing a virtual concert soon. It seemed like half the people on the forum were devoted to this new idoru who'd come out of nowhere. So she figured it would be worth a look. Might even get some good music to listen to on runs out of the deal.

The lines of light shimmered, and reformed as she entered the concert node. It looked like a stadium, set up for a rock show. The opening act was playing, but Motoko couldn't concentrate on that. Something made the whole node feel oily, clammy somehow. The Resonance flowed like cold tar here. It was polluted somehow. She'd only felt something like this once. But surely someone would have noticed if a dissonance pool had formed in such a popular site?

The opening act cleared the stage, and the lights shifted, focusing on a single point. An inky black pool swirled there, and out of it rose a woman, her eyes gleaming as she looked out over all the fans who worshiped her. As the first notes of the opener started, Motoko knew she was in trouble. She could feel the music coming in hot, BTL level hot. And it was definitely Dissonant. Frantically, she tried to log off, but she found herself trapped in the node. They'd locked everyone in without her knowing it!

"Thank you everyone for coming out! I'd like to start with a cover of an old song."

Into the dissonance, I fall
Carried by an instant force
Craving for our harmony
But playing the odds

I see a light in the tunnel
But I step to the left
Put my hands to my hips
And do the dance

I cannot hear you, Ground Control
And it seems, they cut the rope
Weightless, I seem to fall
And it feels so good

And I don't wanna lose control
But every moment I enjoy
Will keep the dissonance

Yes, life was good to me, I know
And I don't wanna let it go
I will come back soon
And try again

I'd be a raving fool to say
But I wish it all away
Yes, I knew the consequences
Like I knew the gains

So, do you think I'm out of tune?
All these tones don't fit the song
Just a little melody
In a much bigger symphony

But every moment I enjoy
Will keep the dissonance

But every moment I enjoy
Will keep it dissonant

Set me free
Please, could you exorcise me
And I start again, please
Help me
Help me
Help me

But every moment I enjoy
Will keep the dissonance

But every moment I enjoy
Will keep it dissonant

Motoko lay there, curled in a corner of the node, her defenses cranked up as high as she could get them, trying to keep from listening. All around her, the crowd fell to the siren's call, the addictive song binding them to the Dissonant technomancer. All she could do was try to keep her sanity until the node unlocked, and hope she, too, hadn't been caught by the Sublime's web.

Lyrics taken from "Into the Dissonance" by Lunatica
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVMGxONVCw
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <05-17-12/1710:56> »
more naw ,got to have more . +1
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!