NEWS

Re: Winterhawk's Virtual Magespace: New Original Project

• 5 Replies

winterhawk

• Freelancer
  • Newb
  • Snarky British mages 'R' us
« on: <05-26-12/1022:34> »
This isn't exactly Shadowrun fiction, but I figure after all the SR stuff I've written folks won't mind too much if I announce a non-SR project with an SR connection here.

I've written and published my first original novel, called "The Forgotten." It's kind of a cross between horror and urban fantasy, and it's available through CreateSpace, Amazon, and DriveThru Fiction (hardcopy, Kindle version, and PDF ebook, respectively). What's the SR connection, you ask? Well, a certain Dr. Alastair Stone (not Winterhawk) is a prominent character, and one of the other main characters is a heavily retooled but still recognizable version of Ocelot. Basically I took out anything that was connected to Shadowrun (and therefore proprietary) and put the characters I love writing about in an original setting. The cover, by the way, was done by amazing artist and fellow Shadowrun fan Michaela Eaves, who's done work on some of the SR sourcebook covers.

If this sounds like something you might like, take a look! And if you do end up liking it, I would really appreciate it if you could post a review and tell your friends. Unfortunately I'm better at writing than I am at self-marketing. :)

CreateSpace hardcopy version here: https://www.createspace.com/3780647
Amazon Kindle version here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Forgotten-ebook/dp/B0084O96RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337826857&sr=8-1
DriveThru Fiction PDF version here: http://www.drivethrufiction.com/product/102539/The-Forgotten?cPath=8727

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll consider taking a look!
Rat
Borrowed Time, April 2015
Winterhawk's Virtual Magespace (SR Fiction) /  Blog
Stone and a Hard Place, Alastair Stone Chronicles #1

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-06-12/0802:55> »
Is there a UK version for the Kindle?  Won't let me buy it on Amazon from your link...?!?  I can get it from Drivethru if not...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

winterhawk

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-06-12/1105:55> »
Here's the UK link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Forgotten-ebook/dp/B0084O96RW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338994663&sr=8-1

I know that some of the newer Kindles (like the Fire) can read PDF files, too.
Rat

winterhawk

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-10-13/1205:31> »
Just bumping this topic to announce that the second book in my "Forgotten" series, The Threshold, is going to be available soon. It's in final editing and the cover is being finalized, so I hope to have it available in a month or so.

I've dropped the price on Amazon for the Kindle version of The Forgotten. Since I'm interested in getting the word out about the book, I'm making some free PDF copies available for those who'd be willing to review (or at least rate) the book on Amazon. Email me at rat (at) dragonwriter (dot) net if you're interested. Honest reviews are fine and expected--I'm not fishing for unearned glowing reviews! (Though of course if you think it's *worth* one, you'll go immediately to the top of my Weekly Favorite Person List). :)

If you liked my old Shadowrun novels on Magespace.net (and particularly Winterhawk) and enjoy horrorish urban fantasy, you might like my books. Read the first one so you'll be ready to go when Book 2 comes out! :)

NOTE: I need to update the book listing on DriveThru (it's still at the old price). I'll get to that soon, but for now if you plan to take a look, stick with Amazon.
Rat

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #4 on: <05-01-13/1453:03> »
is it available in other formats, i dont like the kindle and dont use amazon thus i have an off brand ereader, i can get thru drive thru if it is
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

winterhawk

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-01-13/1544:52> »
It's updated on DriveThru now, where it's available in PDF format. Will that work for you?
Rat