NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-02-16/2148:06> »
I pull Cap out of the sewer drain and check him over to make sure he's okay, then start heading back out of the sewers.  After a few steps I stop and say, Hold up a sec Cap.  I get a picture of Cap and the dead ghoul.

Okay Gundie,  I'm damn sure I got the right one this time, but we gotta talk, I think I found your link.  I'm just gonna get Cap back up topside.

Damn Cap.  You are one tough sonuvabitch you know what?  Let's get you outta here.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-03-16/2026:03> »
Cap staggers against you coughing and wheezing trying to catch his breath.  Once you reach topside he heaves a bit on his hands and knees scarlet droplets sprinkle the dust and dead grass under the the artificial lights.  Cap rolls over his back against the chain link fence at the mouth of the Alley and spits a wad of blood on ground and sighs.  He smiles at you his mouth still red from the blood.  I laughed right in that sonofabitch's face...just like you said, girl...Just like you said.  God damn I am going to have a special kind of hangover tomorrow.  He chuckles a moment but is interrupted by another coughing fit.

Yeah okay, come get your money and show me this connection then.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <10-03-16/2210:45> »
I'm touching him, he's not touching me, I'm touching him, he's not touching me, I'm touching him, he's not touching me.  I think it over and over again like a mantra in my head.  Once out of the sewer I back away and do a little creep out dance to shake it off and try not to think of the blood I will have to scrub out of my coat.

Aw, Jesus Cap you gonna be okay?  You sound like shit.  I told you to go buy yourself a party why were you sticking around for me?  You're lucky one of your mates saw you get snatched or I may not have found you.  I thought I'd already killed the ghoul that was taking people.

Here look, this is my com, you give me a call if you need anything I gotta go talk to Gunderson.  Let's get you to your mates okay?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-05-16/2230:26> »
now what kinda man would I be if I didn't worry about the young lady that was helpin' us?  Guess it's a good thing I did stick around, made sure you got the right one didn't it?  You know I'm dead anyhow, what's better bait 'n me?  Thanks fer gettin' me back to my mates.  I'll have em pick me up some bliss for me tomorrow...lord knows I'll need it.

You get back to Gunderson and he transfers the money to you.  You been busy today.  You should have that debt paid off in no time.  So you said you found evidence of a link?  Let's see it.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <10-05-16/2350:41> »
The ghoul said he would take me to see the bishop if I surrendered.  I wasn't about to do that but that might be your link.  I don't what groups are being targetted besides the homeless, but maybe there's a new cult around...something to listen for anyway.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <10-08-16/1333:42> »
That's not really much to go on, but we'll keep our ears open for that.  You look, and smell, like shit, you should get  cleaned up and get some rest.  I'll let you know if I find any more work for you.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <10-09-16/0124:10> »
Thanks Gundie.  I'll keep my ears open about this Bishop fella too and let you know if I find anything. 

I go home and get cleaned up then send a message to Shaun.

Hey Weston, I know it's a long shot but have you heard anything about a cult in Redmond Barrens or some guy calling himself the Bishop or a bishop.  Looking into some stuff here and I've sort of hit a brick wall on info.

I killed three people today.  Two of them needed killing probably.  Not so sure about the third guy.  I mean on one hand he was a ghoul...he ate meta-human flesh.  On the other Gunderson said some survive off of medical waste and while still gross hardly worth a death sentence.  Well I can't change what I did but I can make sure I don't forget what I did, and I have a reminder right here with me.

I pull out the Hermes Chariot, get it cleaned up and check out what programs are loaded onto it.  I set it up to work more to my tastes and optimize things for a bit then hit the sack.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <10-11-16/2200:24> »
You wake up about 8 hours feeling much better after your rest.  You notice a message on your link.
[spoiler]You have recovered from your fatigue and regain 1 edge.[/spoiler]

Dammit something is wrong with me I hate to ask but you seem like you can take care of yourself...Besides I ain't never got your name.
--Captain Trips

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <10-12-16/1037:32> »
I head over to find out what is wrong with Cap.  I'll ask around if I can't find him with his pals.

Hey, just got your message Cap.  I'm heading that way let me know where you are if you aren't with your pals.  My name's Sam by the way...Sorry I should have told you.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <10-15-16/1643:28> »
You find Trips with his friends but he's sitting huddled in a corner rocking back and forth with his arms around his knees.  His hood is pulled down but he appears to be in pain from the moans and occasional gasps of breath.

He's been like that for hours, one of the friends says.  He just waves us off when we get close.  He won't drink, we got him some bliss but it didn't seem to help.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <10-15-16/2058:49> »
I go up to Cap and squat in front of him to get a look at him.  I'm here Cap.  How can I help?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <10-16-16/0019:33> »
Trip looks up at you and he face is paler and the pain in his eyes is clear.  He winces as his body spasms and lets out a low moan as if too tired of the pain to scream.  At least I ain't coughing no more.  Ain't nothin helps this though.  Not booze, not bliss.  Hell I don't even know why I called you, what can you do.  At least I learned yer name.  It was nice ta meet you Sam.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <10-16-16/1222:44> »
It was very nice to meet you too Cap.  I don't know how to help.  I mean maybe I could find someone who can get you some narco-jet or something.  You want me to take you to a doctor or something?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <10-16-16/2029:43> »
I speaks, punctuated with agonizing spasm.  Nah, I ain't got the money for them to tell me there ain't nothin ta do.  I didn't expect the drugs to not work.  I took three hit of bliss and I don't feel shit.  Hell I'm even sober.  My taste buds are all fucked too.  I took a few pulls on the bottle we had going round, it was vile I couldn't even choke it down I thought I'd vomit just from the taste.  I figured I'da OD'd or suffocated by now.

Your com beeps.  It's from Gunderson  Come talk to me, we have business and it needs to happen now.  Not over a link, face to face.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <10-17-16/1137:02> »
Dammit I have to go Cap.  Gundersons got me on a short leash right now.  I'll ask about the narco-jet...maybe we can get you some relief for a bit at least.

I head over to see Gunderson as ordered.

― Lewis Carroll