NEWS

Heritage Line

• 59 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <10-09-10/1704:08> »
According to the FAQ, how many points you allocate to magic use as opposed to Adept Power Points does matter for overcasting:
And that particular entry is the biggest reason that the FAQ isn't worth anythink except maybe to use as toilet paper if you print it out, as it directly contradicts the actual rulebook.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #46 on: <10-09-10/2046:22> »
Now, Mäx, the FAQ isn't that bad.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #47 on: <10-10-10/0207:39> »
It might have been worth something, if only it would answer all those questions that keep coming up again and again and again. As it is now, it ain't worth the match you need to set it on fire...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <10-10-10/0224:35> »
Now, Mäx, the FAQ isn't that bad.

but It could've been way ,way (WAHAY !!) better

with a dissapointed Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #49 on: <10-16-10/1632:41> »
I dunno, I think the core book is a little vague about mystic adepts limits on force of spells etc. I personally disagree with the errata in this case, but I don't really agree with the statement that the errata explicitly contradicts the rule book - based on how vague the core rule book is on this particular matter.... imho
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <10-16-10/1804:38> »
I dunno, I think the core book is a little vague about mystic adepts limits on force of spells etc. I personally disagree with the errata in this case, but I don't really agree with the statement that the errata explicitly contradicts the rule book - based on how vague the core rule book is on this particular matter.... imho
What errata are you talking about, if you mean the FAQ then that very specifically isn't errata.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #51 on: <10-16-10/2006:25> »
Yea, sorry... typed errata, but meant FAQ. =P Brain fart/typo blunder.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #52 on: <10-16-10/2224:41> »
What errata are you talking about, if you mean the FAQ then that very specifically isn't errata.

I know you are very militant about this subject, and the official FAQ author actually agrees with you - except in the on specific case of Mystic Adepts.

In the very same thread where AH stated that "The FAQ is not errata" he also a couple pages later states that the Mystic Adept change is more or less an exception to that.

-k

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <10-17-10/1054:40> »
I know you are very militant about this subject, and the official FAQ author actually agrees with you - except in the on specific case of Mystic Adepts.

In the very same thread where AH stated that "The FAQ is not errata" he also a couple pages later states that the Mystic Adept change is more or less an exception to that.
Which is purely his personal opinion, if they actually wanted to change that rule, they would have printed that into SR4A or released an errata that changes it.
Seriously, it would take about 5 minutes to publish an errata, if that was supposed to be an actual rule change.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #54 on: <10-17-10/2107:52> »
Well, that's an issue with the glacially slow speed of them publishing errata.

Which is a whole 'nother discussion.

-k

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #55 on: <10-18-10/0309:55> »
Well, Jason is in charge of errata.

Go ahead and tell him how lazy he is for not taking the 5 minutes to properly gimp Mystic Adepts. :P

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #56 on: <10-18-10/1121:18> »
Hey, this Heritage line...why not. Think out a story, take some qualities and you got your hands on it.

Errr...and probably discuss it with your gamemaster ;)

There is no such rule that doing something that is not exactly written in CoreBook is strictly forbiden...and even when it is, there should be some exception.

I hope...

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #57 on: <11-20-10/0251:19> »
You mean, take the Restricted Gear quality so that you can spend 10,000+ nuyen on an availability 14 armored grass skirt for your Samoan street sam?

That.. is within the realm of possibility..

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #58 on: <11-20-10/0642:09> »
Not the Samoan line, silly. I want the Elven line that celebrates our people's proud history of. . .
61 years.  ;D

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #59 on: <01-05-11/1629:51> »
In fact, im beginning to be curious...where to get this Herritage Line in Lagos....

and how far you should run still wearing it

:D