NEWS

SR6 Matrix Guide and FAQ

• 137 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <10-09-20/1606:20> »
The Catalyst store is down right now apparently but I'd recommend downloading it again from there when you get the chance... and if they give you the option of zip vs not zipped, download both and look for second printing.

TatyanaSaar

• Newb
« Reply #106 on: <10-09-20/1615:32> »
Have done so, and now have the Corrected Second Printing.  Thank you for helping, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #107 on: <10-09-20/1718:18> »
Thanks for letting me know.  I just downloaded the 2nd printing. 

Question:
I need some help, where is the information on Agent (software), index says 271.  Also done the find/search and can't find it.  I know I have read it before, but can't find it.  Getting ready for a game tomorrow.

Regards,
SL
Si vis pacem, para bellum

TatyanaSaar

• Newb
« Reply #108 on: <10-09-20/1723:11> »

I need some help, where is the information on Agent (software), index says 271.  Also done the find/search and can't find it.  I know I have read it before, but can't find it.  Getting ready for a game tomorrow.

Page 184

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <10-09-20/1754:50> »
Agents got errata'd out, as they were mentioned (and iirc, priced) but no rules were ever given for them.

They got punted to the upcoming Matrix book, rather than finding room to give them rules in the CRB.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #110 on: <10-10-20/0450:11> »
So to summarize:

1: Physical book.
2: Initial PDF, with August errata implement.
3a: January PDF.
3b: February Errata file.
And unfortunately the (01-20) PDF and the Feb errata are slightly mismatching.

It seems I missed the Attack Rating vs Attack Attribute on my compare, apologies, let me add it: https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=31170.msg536323#msg536323
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #111 on: <10-10-20/2211:10> »
SSDR,

Thanks,  I though I had lost my mind or something.

Regards,
SL

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #112 on: <10-11-20/0751:26> »
SSDR,

Thanks,  I though I had lost my mind or something.

Regards,
SL
Well, to be fair... ;D
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #113 on: <10-13-20/2015:14> »
MC,

If I had feelings,  that might have hurt one of them.   :)

Best,
SL

Mepsipax

• Newb
« Reply #114 on: <10-31-20/1245:24> »
Quick question: How am I supposed to to bring registered Sprites into Hosts if they are already active with me? Since they're personas, do they need get their own access using Probe or Brute Force?

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <10-31-20/1330:12> »
Quick question: How am I supposed to to bring registered Sprites into Hosts if they are already active with me? Since they're personas, do they need get their own access using Probe or Brute Force?

By my understanding, access is not transferrable to other personas (just as marks were not transferrable in 5e).  That would mean that Sprites outside the host would have to perform their own Enter Host matrix action.  And that in turn means yes they need their own access... assuming of course the Host doesn't let Outsiders perform the Enter Host action.  Bear in mind that many public hosts do!  (doesn't make very good business sense to require customers to hack into your host in order to order anything from you online...)

Of course, once you're in you're in.  If, for example, you compiled a Sprite after you already entered a secure Host, that Sprite doesn't have to execute the Enter Host action now does it.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <10-31-20/1526:03> »
As far as I understand it work like this (I might be wrong though):
  • If the Host allow outsider access then it will follow you inside the host.
  • If host require User or Admin access to enter then you can put a registered sprite on standby and once inside you call them.
  • Or you compile an unregistered sprite while you are inside the host.
  • Or you the sprite brute force + enter host or probe + backdoor entry the host on its own, using its own access.

Mepsipax

• Newb
« Reply #117 on: <10-31-20/1713:57> »
Right, it does make sense. And i only just realised that it if course also means that even if you compile a sprite inside the host, it doesn't have your access levels, so if say you want it to crack a file it needs to elevate its access. Right?

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <10-31-20/1808:54> »
Right, it does make sense. And i only just realised that it if course also means that even if you compile a sprite inside the host, it doesn't have your access levels, so if say you want it to crack a file it needs to elevate its access. Right?

yep.

Mepsipax

• Newb
« Reply #119 on: <11-10-20/2058:34> »
Another quick one:

on page 176 for OS and Convergence the rules say that OS increases for illegal actions for each hit on the opposing roll.

However, in the example beneath it says that mungo gets 6 OS from opposing hits AND 3 OS from illegal actions, one of which is "Check overwatch score" which doesn't even allow for an opposing roll.

So am I to conclude from this that any illegal action performed always results in at least 1 point of OS plus the OS score from any potential opposing hits, if the action allows for an opposing roll?

I also just looked at Banshee's guide which has me still confused:

"Mungo’s player rolls his 10 dice and gains 3 successes. GM opposes the test with 5 dice and gets 2 hits. Mungo’s Data Spike lands with a total of 1 net hit. GM notes that Mungo’s overwatch score increased by 2 from the defense and by another point because of the hacking program that was used."

This implies that it's just opposing hits and hacking program.

"Mungo’s player lucks out with 4 hits while the opposing side gets 3 hits. GM notes that Mungo’s overwatch score increased to 7, three from the opposing defense and again another point due to the hacking program being used. "

Same here.

"Snoop is resolved as an opposed Cracking + Logic vs Logic + Firewall test. Mungo’s player gets 3 hits while the opposing side gets 1 hit. GM notes that Mungo’s overwatch score increased to 9. "

Here it increases by 2 even though there's only 1 opposing hit and no mention of the hacking program although we might assume that he still uses it.

So I'm really not sure how it's supposed to work. If it's just opposing hits, though, then what's the consequence of labelling some actions without opposing rolls as illegal? Is it just for flavour, then?
« Last Edit: <11-10-20/2116:04> by Mepsipax »