Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #661 on: <05-25-15/1354:47> »
Achak took a Hit the Dirt interrupt action which lowered his initiative score by 5, so he doesn't have a third pass other than a Free Action. He'll probably use that to acknowledge Sister Rebecca's comm.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #662 on: <05-25-15/1437:38> »
Achak took a Hit the Dirt interrupt action which lowered his initiative score by 5, so he doesn't have a third pass other than a Free Action. He'll probably use that to acknowledge Sister Rebecca's comm.

Fixed.  Since no PCs will be acting, we'll roll their actions into the upcoming IC.

@Poindexter, the Spirit of Fire is attempting to engulf Sister Rebecca.  I'll need a Defense Test.
« Last Edit: <05-25-15/1441:41> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #663 on: <05-25-15/1442:03> »

Fixed.  Since no PCs will be acting, we'll roll their actions into the upcoming IC.

@Poindexter, the Spirit of Fire is attempting to engulf Sister Rebecca.

Defend (Rea 5 + Int 3): 8d6t5 5

How'd I do?

Whoops -1: 1d6t5 0
« Last Edit: <05-25-15/1444:24> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #664 on: <05-25-15/1615:55> »

How'd I do?

Pretty damned good roll on 7 dice, but the Spirits nets 1 hit.

Base damage is 12P -6AP, staged to 13P -6AP (Fire Damage).
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #665 on: <05-25-15/1648:39> »

How'd I do?

Pretty damned good roll on 7 dice, but the Spirits nets 1 hit.

Base damage is 12P -6AP, staged to 13P -6AP (Fire Damage).

Soak 13P (Body 4 + Armor 15 + Fire Resist 6 - AP 6): 19d6t5 12

So i take 1P, and am unable to take any actions other than to try and break free and/or take more dmg. Plus, I guess I'm on fire now, huh?

MAN, ive been two steps behind the group this whole fight and it's about to get worse. Hope yall can handle this all on your own.

Init for next turn. Initiative: 2d6+7 9 I'd get irritated by the poor roll, but the good rolls dont succeed anyway, so fuck it.

« Last Edit: <05-25-15/1650:23> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #666 on: <05-25-15/1702:59> »
As disappointing as the snake-eyes on the Initiative roll is, the dodge and soak rolls were spectacular. 95th percentile rolling for the dodge and 99th percentile rolling for the soak. Getting through one pass of an Engulf with 1P is a triumph.

I doubt Sister Rebecca's armor is on fire, since it only has to soak 1 hit. Her 50 minigrenades depend on rednblack's appetite for destruction. Luckily they only have a blast radius of 8m so Achak will only be traumatized instead of vaporized.

I presume the next steps are IC posts from the GM and Sister Rebecca. I'm guessing Initiative rolls aren't far behind so I'll get mine up while I'm thinking about it.

Initiative minus wound modifier: 3d6+12 24

It belated occurs to me that Achak's loadout does include a dose of Jazz. Too bad I didn't have that 3rd pass. I'm actually going to use the Free Action from CT1 AP3 to undo the chemical seal that I activated pre-combat so that he can huff the popper if he can find the action for it.

Getting way ahead of myself, who are we playing the Engulfing? Is it possible to shoot the spirit without hitting Sister Rebecca (via called shot or otherwise)? Achak doesn't know whether to shoot the spirit or the troll (partially because he's not sure if the troll is also a summoning mage or just happens to have a spell sustained on him), but the feasibility of shooting the spirit may clarify matters.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #667 on: <05-25-15/1706:40> »
Damn, in all honesty the Holy Spirit must be with the good sister. To see if your gear is on fire you'll need to make an armor roll + fire resistance - AP with a threshold of net hits, in this case 1. We'll make that roll when Becca breaks free, but my guess is that it won't be an issue.

On the spirit's next turn you'll need to make an additional Soak roll.

ETA: @Tec, I'd take a Called Shot to avoid hitting Sister Rebecca should you choose to go that route.
« Last Edit: <05-25-15/1713:30> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <05-25-15/1837:10> »
We'll make that roll when Becca breaks free

Becca isn't breaking free. She's out of this fight. Rolling 5 dice vs the spirit's 13 as my only action from now on. Becca effectively aint in this fight anymore. I make soak rolls.

Also, im sure the fire spirit will be going again before 9, so here's my second soak roll.

Soak 12P (Body 4 + Armor 15 + Fire Resist 6 - AP 6): 19d6t5 7

so that's 5 more, putting her JUST above unconscious.

Once her turn comes up, here's her escape roll.  Escape roll (Bod 4 + Str 4 - Wound 3): 5d6t5 4

« Last Edit: <05-26-15/1645:41> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #669 on: <05-25-15/1847:32> »
Im doing so poorly this fight, it's comedic. It was hard not to just post "Becca continues getting bounced around like a pinball and maybe she dies this time."

Sister Rebecca's last words before being burned alive by the spirit are gonna be "I've got the spirit"

SMH
« Last Edit: <05-25-15/1859:22> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #670 on: <05-25-15/2042:10> »
Wouldn't the fire damage be Stun since the DV does not exceed the AV (modified for Fire protection and fire penetration)? Since the Fire Resist counts as armor vs. fire attacks, it cancels out the fire's AP, leaving 13P vs. 15 AV. Since the DV is less than the AV, the damage becomes stun. Or am I missing a rule somewhere where this does not apply to elemental damage?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #671 on: <05-25-15/2114:21> »
Wouldn't the fire damage be Stun since the DV does not exceed the AV (modified for Fire protection and fire penetration)? Since the Fire Resist counts as armor vs. fire attacks, it cancels out the fire's AP, leaving 13P vs. 15 AV. Since the DV is less than the AV, the damage becomes stun. Or am I missing a rule somewhere where this does not apply to elemental damage?

You might be right.

Either way, REALLY glad I spent the money to go all out on that jacket.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #672 on: <05-25-15/2252:34> »
Initiative: 3d6+9 17

Unless the situation changes, my third IP free action will be to say my flavor text to Vera. Yeah, he talks to his gun. Just because he calls others crazy, doesn't mean he ain't a little crazy himself. Like he says, you gotta be a little crazy to be come a Hunter in the first place. He's left his fair share of court mandated psychiatrists in a panic with his answers to Rorschach tests.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #673 on: <05-26-15/1129:15> »
CT 2 AP 1
Achak 24
S 21
R 21
T 20
D 19
Mercer 17
ETC 13
A 12
Sister Rebecca 9

As for the Stun V. Physical Fire Damage question, I was under the impression that the spirit was doing S damage.  To my knowledge, there's no odd-ball rule that says Elemental Damage must be Physical -- though I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it. 

Action to Achak.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #674 on: <05-26-15/1323:39> »
Achak doesn't really know what to do. He knows that Sister Rebecca said that she had the spirit but he also knows that if the fire spirit squishes her then it's coming for him next. But he also knows that shooting a spirit is often fruitless and is doubly-dangerous when it's busy hugging Sister Rebecca. But then there's his history of losing Yohan so maybe he should shoot the spirit, but maybe the troll is the summoner and he should shoot him instead...

Simple Action: Use Jazz
Free Action: Called Shot
Simple Action: Shoot Tiny in the foot

Additional initiative from Jazz: Jazz: 2d6 2, all I needed was an average roll to get another action phase and instead I get snake-eyes. I blame Poindexter's initiative roll.
Jazz duration: 1d6 2 * 10 = 20 minutes

Achak's new initiative is 27, including the +1 Reaction from Jazz.

I don't have a Simple Action to spare to get up and shoot properly so I have to stay prone. I don't know if Fire Spirits are as dodgy while they are Engulfing but under normal circumstances they are hard to hit and I don't want to waste an action. I'll go with the Called Shot to Tiny. I'm tempted to do Shin (if allowed) but Knockdown could put him face-to-face with Achak, which could be counterproductive. I'll do Foot.

Agility 5 + Automatics 6 + Spec 2 + 1 Smartlink + 2 Sharpshooter - 1 Wounds - 8 Called Shot: 7d6t5 2 hits

Achak's Alpha is still firing 3-round bursts, so that's -2 to dodge unless I'm lucky and catch Tiny unaware. Base DV is 11P -6AP, 39 rounds remaining.