NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #450 on: <03-31-15/2026:31> »
@Poindexter, only a glitch if more than half of your dice come up ones. You're ok.

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #451 on: <03-31-15/2102:41> »
OK, so it's been about 14 pages since I summoned Leliel, and I got 4 services, right?

1- Destroy the generators
2- Find the other vampire
3- Lead me there

I intend to use 4 on an order to materialize and help us fight the last one if I'm correct about all these things.

EDIT: Seeing Achak stealthin it, becca probably does as well.

Sneaking up the stairs(AGI 7 + Skill 2): 9d6t5 2
« Last Edit: <04-01-15/1835:54> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #452 on: <04-01-15/2026:27> »
Perception (6) + Intuition (5) + Specialization (2) + Vision Enhancement (3) - Wounds (1): 15d6t5 4 [1, 2, 5, 2, 2, 1, 6, 2, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 1, 2]

Perception (6) + Intuition (5) + Specialization (2) + Audio Enhancement (2) - Wounds (1): 14d6t5 4 [4, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 2, 1, 5, 1, 2, 1, 5, 5]

Stake would check with Elijah to make sure there are no other exits. If there are, then he would probably stay nearby and make sure to cover any escape routes; otherwise, he's going to stay behind everyone. We need Sister Rebecca to confirm the target, and Achak is definitely suited up to be point man.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #453 on: <04-02-15/1159:53> »
@Poindexter, let me know if I overstepped my bounds on Sister Rebecca.  Will happily edit.

@All, you're in a Background Count 3 area.  The young girl is a vampire, and magically active.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #454 on: <04-02-15/1214:11> »
@Poindexter, let me know if I overstepped my bounds on Sister Rebecca.  Will happily edit.

Not at all.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #455 on: <04-02-15/1712:51> »
Just for simplicity's sake, Stake will take up the rear. We've basically zero'ed in on the last vampire; it's clean-up time. IC post incoming.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #456 on: <04-02-15/2217:27> »
@All, you're in a Background Count 3 area.  The young girl is a vampire, and magically active.

Just to clarify, that means all magical actions are at -3 dicepool right?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #457 on: <04-03-15/0104:42> »
IC post is up.

Achak is not expecting resistance, but is also aware it could be a trap. To translate his requests into crunch:

1) He's asking Sister Rebecca to provide counterspelling.
2) 8-bit, Run & Gun has some fun rules for flechette suppressive fire (p. 120, it's "virtually unavoidable"). Achak is so armored that he's not worried about being caught in the cone of fire.
3) Similarly, he's telling Sister Rebecca not to be shy about shooting sawdust grenades everywhere, should it come to that.

FYI, Achak's speech to the vampire (and then to Sister Rebecca) is stitched together from things Jesus said on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, which is where we find ourselves in real life. There were other lines elsewhere in the Bible that would be appropriate, and might flow a little better, but I couldn't pass up the timeliness of what's happening concurrently in the Church calender.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #458 on: <04-03-15/0107:03> »
IC post is up.

Achak is not expecting resistance, but is also aware it could be a trap. To translate his requests into crunch:

1) He's asking Sister Rebecca to provide counterspelling.
2) 8-bit, Run & Gun has some fun rules for flechette suppressive fire (p. 120, it's "virtually unavoidable"). Achak is so armored that he's not worried about being caught in the cone of fire.
3) Similarly, he's telling Sister Rebecca not to be shy about shooting sawdust grenades everywhere, should it come to that.

FYI, Achak's speech to the vampire (and then to Sister Rebecca) is stitched together from things Jesus said on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, which is where we find ourselves in real life. There were other lines elsewhere in the Bible that would be appropriate, and might flow a little better, but I couldn't pass up the timeliness of what's happening concurrently in the Church calender.

Becca has had any team mate she can see under her umbrella the whole time. I also like to quote bible verse when I can for becca. I ONLY use bible verses for spells.

"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #459 on: <04-03-15/0121:57> »

Just to clarify, that means all magical actions are at -3 dicepool right?

Correct.

Edit: And, in all likelihood, if she's Awakened, she's acclimated herself to it, possibly even aspected towards it. She probably won't suffer the penalties.

It's basically a Tsunami. Stake was planning of using suppressive fire anyways, but considering that they are flechettes, I guess it's even better.
« Last Edit: <04-03-15/0129:01> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #460 on: <04-03-15/2110:07> »
Yeah, sum dun feel right.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #461 on: <04-04-15/2104:28> »
Yeah, sum dun feel right.

Is this pause in Poindexter the player reflected in the actions of Sister Rebecca the character?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #462 on: <04-04-15/2107:13> »
Yeah, hurry up or Achak is just going to figure that Sister Rebecca got cold feet, then do the dirty deed himself.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #463 on: <04-04-15/2308:17> »
The pause is me OOC not wanting to jump the gun and do stuff before the other players got to weigh in, but if we're good to go, I can get something up.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #464 on: <04-04-15/2313:15> »
The pause is me OOC not wanting to jump the gun and do stuff before the other players got to weigh in, but if we're good to go, I can get something up.

Totally fine. Just needed to know what's up. If you're making an attack get a roll up.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal