NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #405 on: <03-20-15/1224:27> »
@Poindexter, when Becca steps out into view, she sees that the man is wearing an Armored Jacket and Ballistic Mask.  He's carrying a shotgun loaded with a drum, but is holding the weapon in his right hand only, and has produced a grenade in his left.  At first glance, he does not appear to be a vampire, but an Assensing check would most likely tell you for sure. 

Feel free to post ICly Becca's actions here.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #406 on: <03-20-15/1242:03> »
You want me to put what becca will say IC here? Ok.

She'll answer his question in a cold, threatening tone. "I know precisely who I am dealing with. Do you? Are you aware your masters are vampires, beasts, minions of Lucifer himself?" She briefly motions with her head toward the mockery of a man, laying twisted on the floor between them."I am not here for you, but should you stand between me and the fiends that God has sent me here to dispatch, you will share their fate." She levels the sword of Gabriel at him with both hands. "Stand down and leave this place, and the Lord may yet have mercy on your soul."
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #407 on: <03-20-15/1247:15> »
Sorry, I have no idea why I wrote "here" in my previous post.  You can put that in the IC thread.  He won't fire or throw his grenade.

Any more actions for Stake or Achak this CT?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <03-20-15/1314:58> »
Sorry, I have no idea why I wrote "here" in my previous post.  You can put that in the IC thread.  He won't fire or throw his grenade.

If he doesn't take aggressive action, i spose Becca will continue to hold her attack as well. She really doesn't wanna kill this guy. Is he a human?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #409 on: <03-20-15/1325:05> »

If he doesn't take aggressive action, i spose Becca will continue to hold her attack as well. She really doesn't wanna kill this guy. Is he a human?

Hard to tell with the mask and all.  He's human sized at about 175 cm.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #410 on: <03-20-15/1340:48> »
Achak would probably thump this guy if Achak knew that the good is carrying a grenade, but Achak doesn't know since Sister Rebecca didn't mention it. Achak would be mildly surprised by Rebecca presenting herself as a target, and doubly surprised that she's not immediately filled with buckshot.

Achak will use Leadership for a Direct test, i.e. a teamwork test for Sister Rebecca's Intimidation (?) test.

Charisma 4 + Leadership 5 - Loss of Confidence 2: 7d6t5 2 hits

Poindexter can add 2 dice if he makes an Intimidation test. I didn't add any bonus dice for situational or social modifiers, like superior rank (if applicable).

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #411 on: <03-20-15/1347:17> »
Achak would probably thump this guy if Achak knew that the good is carrying a grenade, but Achak doesn't know since Sister Rebecca didn't mention it. Achak would be mildly surprised by Rebecca presenting herself as a target, and doubly surprised that she's not immediately filled with buckshot.

Achak will use Leadership for a Direct test, i.e. a teamwork test for Sister Rebecca's Intimidation (?) test.

Charisma 4 + Leadership 5 - Loss of Confidence 2: 7d6t5 2 hits

Poindexter can add 2 dice if he makes an Intimidation test. I didn't add any bonus dice for situational or social modifiers, like superior rank (if applicable).

Thanks!

Any other bonuses/penalties i should know about there, red?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #412 on: <03-20-15/1405:55> »
Stake will try and move slowly up the stairs, now that he has confirmed they have spotted the Yakuza.

CT 6; Action Pass 2; Acting on Initiative 13

Move - Slowly up the stairs, trying to stay quiet (do you want Sneaking test(s)?)
Free Action - Message team [On my way up from below.]
Complex Action - Use Sneaking

Any modifiers I should know about for my test?

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #413 on: <03-20-15/1600:00> »
@Tecumseh, How will Achak be assisting in the Intimidation test?

@Poindexter, Becca has -3 (Target is hostile to PC), +1 (PC is physically imposing.  I mean, this guy may have like a drekload of shotgun shells and a grenade in his hand, but this chick is facing off against him with a fucking sword.  That's some crazy, make-you-think-twice kinda shit right there.) = -2 total.  If Achak speaks up as his part in the teamwork test, Becca gets +2 (PCs outnumber NPC).

@8-bit, I will take a Sneaking test. 

@All, let's roll for Initiative, but we'll communicate in dialogue as though we're out of initiative order.  When it comes time for brain bashing, nade throwing, and Zeke geeking, we'll run with the newest initiative score.  Cool?  Any other actions taken this CT will resolve before I move along ICly, so if you have anything to add now is the time to do so.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #414 on: <03-20-15/1606:50> »
Sneaking (Agility 7 + Sneaking 1 - Wounds 1): 7d6t5 2 [2, 6, 4, 1, 2, 6, 3]

Can I get far enough up the stairs to ID the target?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #415 on: <03-20-15/1610:36> »
@Tecumseh, How will Achak be assisting in the Intimidation test?

Well it's using the Leadership skill (p. 141-142) so I presume it would take the form of coaching or other encouragement. I was thinking Achak would do it via comm, if only so he could maintain the element of surprise. That said, it appears that Sister Rebecca doesn't even have the Intimidation skill, so this might be an uphill effort. Maybe it buys us a few seconds for Elijah to go to work or for Stake to approach from behind.

Initiative: 3d6+13 25

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #416 on: <03-20-15/1611:23> »
@8-bit, Stake will basically be getting to the second floor this CT.  Another flight and landing until he gets LoS.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #417 on: <03-20-15/1612:40> »
@8-bit, Stake will basically be getting to the second floor this CT.  Another flight and landing until he gets LoS.

Ah, all right then.

No more actions for me; I'm just moving my way up. The plan is to get behind him; and ID him. If he's Yakuza, take him down with a Gel Round. If he's a vampire, switch to wooden flechettes and go to town.

Edit:

Initiative (Intuition 5 + Reaction 4 + 5d6 - Wounds 1): 8+5d6 29 [6, 4, 2, 5, 4]

Damn, so close to that 4th pass.

Also: What was that about me and my Kamikaze, Achak? :)
« Last Edit: <03-20-15/1615:58> by 8-bit »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #418 on: <03-20-15/1634:39> »
I went ahead and posted IC.  Results from Intimidation test may alter his further correspondence. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #419 on: <03-20-15/1658:35> »
intimidate (Cha 4 - 1 default + 2 teamwork0: 5d6t5 2

whoops! forgot that -2. well either end ya take it off, it costs 1 hit, so i got 1 hit.

not really much.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english