NEWS

Street Grimoire Errata

• 179 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-01-14/2208:13> »
The imposed limit on assensing through a Quicksilver Camera makes them almost useless. With a combination of increasing the threshold by 2 and having a fixed limit of 4 (or 3 with a copy), it is already impossible to assense the typical Astral Signature, which would now require a threshold of 5. And that's without bringing Masking and Flexible Signature into the equation.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #16 on: <07-01-14/2222:32> »
Seriously, geas isn't in my dictionary.

I get your point, but:

a) what dictionary do you use that doesn't include geas?
b) why all the hyperbole added to the errata mention?  This is hopefully to help encourage a good errata document, or (ideally) changes to the PDF before release.  This isn't a soapbox.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-01-14/2234:49> »

I get your point, but:

b) why all the hyperbole added to the errata mention?  This is hopefully to help encourage a good errata document, or (ideally) changes to the PDF before release.  This isn't a soapbox.

a) dictionary.com app, no results.
b) because these errors are starting to get ridiculous.

On that note, the Lot's Curse alchemical compound references a Petrify spell to determine its effects. There is no Petrify spell. This should either reference the Petrification critter power instead, or there should be a Petrify spell in the book.
« Last Edit: <07-01-14/2239:36> by Ryo »

Tenlaar

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-01-14/2253:54> »
Merriam-Webster does not have it either.  And even if you do find the "an obligation or prohibition magically imposed on a person" definition, that's hardly enough info to go on to use it in a game correctly.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/comm
Astral

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #19 on: <07-01-14/2307:12> »
The Beast's Way,  Pg. 176/177.

Last sentance of the section reads:

choose one power other power for the discount

Not sure what that means.

Supposed to read,
choose one other power for the discount
and just had power in there twice ?

Or similar to last line of "Spiritual Way Pg.178" that reads
choose one power from another Way's list for the discount

Limited to just other Ways or choose any other power ?

I'd be inclined to go any other power since its only 1 word off in the wording, but the Spiritual example was close enough that I though maybe that is what was supposed to be typed.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #20 on: <07-01-14/2340:05> »
Blind Fighting adept power says it reduces the Blind Fighting penalty by 1, but I can't find the Blind Fighting penalty referenced anywhere, in any of the books. This problem also extends to Run & Gun, which does the same thing with Strike the Darkness. What is the Blind Fighting penalty?

Reading through the alchemy section (pg 220), there are modifiers for being blinded. -4 for being blinded in one eye, and -8 for both, with no visual perception tests. The same penalties also come up a few times in Run & Gun throughout the Called Shots (Eyes and blinding is pg 113). It isn't specifically "blind fighting" but I assume that you are reducing that specific penalty. Overall the power seems pretty weak for the cost.

I assume blind fighting can affect visibility modifiers which can be found in core p175. Total Darkness is -6, so blind fighting will make it -5. Which, I do have to agree doesn't sound particularly helpful.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <07-02-14/0241:30> »
Blind Fighting adept power says it reduces the Blind Fighting penalty by 1, but I can't find the Blind Fighting penalty referenced anywhere, in any of the books. This problem also extends to Run & Gun, which does the same thing with Strike the Darkness. What is the Blind Fighting penalty?

They might mean "Blind Fire"/total darkness from the chart on 176.. -6 Modifier.  I can see Blind Fire referring to blinded while fighting,
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Taejix

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <07-02-14/1045:38> »
Pg 30, right hand column, third paragraph, the sentence "Magic just feels sluggish, like slurping a milkshake through a, in more extreme cases, like slurping gelatin)." appears to be missing a word between the 'a' and the comma, likely 'straw'. It is probably that there is an 'or' missing after the comma as well.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <07-02-14/1154:13> »
I get your point, but:

a) dictionary.com app, no results.
Searching for "geas" on dictionary.com gives an Encyclopedia "Geasa" option, which redirects to "Geis", which explains the term.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-02-14/1408:20> »
What does attuning an item actually do?  Page 124 gives the rules to attune something, but other than a reference to an unquantified limit increase, it doesn't explain why someone would go through all those steps.  It feels like there's a table missing.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <07-02-14/1416:18> »
You can increase the accuracy of a weapon by your initiate grade. So this gets really interesting for strong weapons with the drawback of low accuracy.
I don't know though, if it could be worth for bikes, cars or other items.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <07-02-14/1436:24> »
You can increase the accuracy of a weapon by your initiate grade. So this gets really interesting for strong weapons with the drawback of low accuracy.
I don't know though, if it could be worth for bikes, cars or other items.

Attuned weapons also allows for Imbued weapons, which adds a trait (p 133)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <07-02-14/1449:05> »

I should think most English dictionaries wouldn't - the word is Gaelic.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <07-02-14/1514:12> »
On the other hand, if you punch it into google you get an immediate front page definition...

Edit: Or at least some versions of Google... older browsers may not get that entry.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #29 on: <07-02-14/1527:30> »
1. The "secrets of the initiates" chapter (starts on pg. 138) Is rather poorly organized (a subjects for a separate but very important thread) which makes it quite confusing imho, but beyond that, various arts list "enchanting" abilities. However, many of these 'enchantments' are listed in a previous chapter as rituals. So which are they, enchantments, or rituals? Example: pg. 143, Geomancy sidebar says that you get "Recharging Reagents". However, looking back to pg. 136 (would have been nice if the geomancy sidebar had mentioned this page, i had to go hunting), we find "Recharging Reagents" in the section of new rituals.

2. Also:  the sidebar on pg. 139 under "Enchanting" sends us to the core book pg. 299. After flipping around a little bit we figure out that they meant pg. 304.
3. And:  the section of new rituals that begins on pg.122 with a header in red is broken up on pg.130 with a new header in red, making us think that the section of new rituals is ended, but then, without warning, the new rituals section continues halfway through pg. 133 with no warning or sign that it is resuming the rituals list. Makes it very hard to follow.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP