NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1290 on: <06-29-13/0336:46> »
Also, just want to make sure, did Sammy just intentionally mislead the other group?  The fifty grand was not refused, just never responded to, not that you were given a chance.  You can safely assume that if you tell the muscle you are taking the final offer, you will have the ride.

Not really.  It was just me typing at times when I shouldn't, and not being fully awake.  But let's move on with it, as Sammy is only going to pay that much if it's a private jet that lands on Seattle's main airport (VIP portion of course).

The main problem I see at the moment is that the street sammies don't have any equipment.  Mages and technomancers can do most of their things without, so we could move on, but for Clem and O'Conner it's a bit difficult.

So our best option I think would be to go talk to the pilot directly and see if we can do something there.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1291 on: <06-29-13/0746:11> »
If it's just the fixer and one guard, I'm sure Clem, O'Connor and Johnny can take care if them with some magical support.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1292 on: <06-29-13/0859:22> »
If it's just the fixer and one guard, I'm sure Clem, O'Connor and Johnny can take care if them with some magical support.

and everybody else in the bar who might join in.  I'd rather not if it's not really necessary.  It might slow us sufficiently long for the police to play catch-up.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1293 on: <06-29-13/0947:06> »
I'm quite sure they'd agree to somewhere more private for handling money matters.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1294 on: <06-29-13/0948:14> »
Well O'Connor's got the hunting rifle, the local guy just gave the group his revolver, it can go to Clem, and Johnny's extremely deadly with his fists alone. I think the muscle is doing okayish offensively.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1295 on: <06-29-13/1136:35> »
Before this line of speculation get too much momentum, Matty never said he knew the pilot personally to the point of having direct contact, just that he trusts him and knows of his work, this is the line of contact that he has with said pilot.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1296 on: <07-01-13/0008:49> »
I need a bit of clarification. Are we on speaker phone or is everything being relayed via Sammy and Fionn?

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1297 on: <07-01-13/0013:26> »
Speaker, or text to speech, should be on.  Fionn's just sending his commentary mentally, though, because that's just more natural to him.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1298 on: <07-01-13/0120:26> »
I assume that on my end we are on speaker, either sitting in the car or standing a bit to the side (so nobody can overhear).

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1299 on: <07-01-13/0127:26> »
You guys probably have 2 of the 3 links anyways, since counting Fionn there's 4 in total - so that way it's an even split, in case the existing groups need to split up.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1300 on: <07-01-13/0252:57> »
Alright guys, I don't think the GM could make it any clearer he wants us to go with the fixer, so I think we need to talk to just pay the dude and get on with the job. We still need to find what it was we were contracted to do.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1301 on: <07-01-13/0519:55> »
Sorry, I'm the kind of player that if the GM tries to railroad me, I try to find another way, damn the consequences.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1302 on: <07-01-13/0525:27> »
I'm not so sure there aren't options - it's just that we haven't figured out a BETTER option yet.

But whatever we do, we have to acknowledge that it's either going to be expensive or risky as all hell - that's just the situation we're in.  Coyote's probably cheaper if we can find one, but then the risk is probably higher.  It's just a question of how much we're willing to risk versus how much we're willing to spend.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1303 on: <07-01-13/0621:09> »
We've on a job, with no clue as to the objective or the payout. For all we know the Johnson have already gone into clean up mode. I highly believe we're in "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" mode.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1304 on: <07-01-13/0649:41> »
Clementine thinks like that, but I don't think that's what the GM has in mind for us. If it was, it would make for a very short and unpleasant run for the characters involved. Just think about it: why would the GM push us to spend ¥50,000 on a smuggling run just to get back to Seattle and be strapped with the debt with no way to repay it?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix