NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1110 on: <05-01-13/2214:01> »
Sam accused the college-aged Irish guy of getting blitzed in the morning?  More fun, I'd say.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1111 on: <05-02-13/0156:34> »
If you need healing, Sammy has the heal spell (I think I used it before, so you should know I have it).  As she doesn't know you have suffered fading (and probably doesn't even know what fading is), I can't offer.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1112 on: <05-02-13/0213:45> »
Yeah, but Heal only works on Physical damage, of which he's only taken 1 box.  It's the Stun that's getting him, as he's about halfway through that condition monitor.  He really just needs a couple of chances to roll for healing, which he'll get if we're laying low.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1113 on: <05-02-13/0252:00> »
Just out of curiosity, did O'Connor have a chance to heal a bit on the car ride from the Amerind's house to Yakima? I was under the impression it was a few hours, which I think would have given him some time to rest, no? Of course, all this is at the GM's discretion.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1114 on: <05-02-13/0254:34> »
Physical damage takes a full day of rest for healing, and we haven't really had the chance to sit down and breathe little lone take a few days off.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1115 on: <05-02-13/0351:03> »
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with Fionn starting to get a little stretched on the Stun side - needs to get a bit of rest in to heal off the penalties.  Nowhere near as bad off as O'Connor, though.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1116 on: <05-02-13/1009:33> »
As to who's going and who's staying: I know Heron told his watcher to wake him if Sammy called for him, which implies that she needs to stay at the theater. Sam wasn't part of that conversation, though. :-\ And I personally don't know if it's possible to change the who the watcher is watching, esp. since Heron only got the one service.

And I'll understand if Fionn can't get the information Sam wants, given his stun status...it'll make things a bit more of a challenge, of course, but that's normal around here. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #1117 on: <05-02-13/1021:54> »
Not to intrude, but that's not how watcher spirits work.  The net hits by the summoner determine how long the watcher spirit lasts.  1 hour per hit.  There are no services to speak of.  You tell it to do something, it does it.  It disappears at the end of its time limit.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1118 on: <05-02-13/1028:14> »
HOLY CRAP we have an audience!  :o ;D

Not to intrude, but that's not how watcher spirits work.  The net hits by the summoner determine how long the watcher spirit lasts.  1 hour per hit.  There are no services to speak of.  You tell it to do something, it does it.  It disappears at the end of its time limit.

Good catch thanks

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #1119 on: <05-02-13/1039:12> »
I'm joining a pbp soon, so I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Sorry if it was inappropriate to post here.  :-\
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1120 on: <05-02-13/1042:30> »
I'm joining a pbp soon, so I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Sorry if it was inappropriate to post here.  :-\

Don't worry about it. Generally, yeah, only players and the GM post in the IC and OOC threads, but for the OOC threads, that's not a hard-and-fast rule, as long as the audience comments don't overwhelm the players. Jumping in to clarify a rule is perfectly fine. I haven't played a mage so far, so my understanding of that part of the ruleset is limited--thanks for the clarification! And good luck with your game. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1121 on: <05-02-13/1344:06> »
Yeah, I'm having the same issue with Fionn starting to get a little stretched on the Stun side - needs to get a bit of rest in to heal off the penalties.  Nowhere near as bad off as O'Connor, though.

Stun is a body+willpower (1 hour) extended test.  A full night rest should heal most of it.  Physical damage is bodyx2 (1 day) test, so that's a bit more tricky.  As magical healing can only be used once on each set of wounds and all O'Connor's wounds have been taken in one go (that barghest) we can't do anything more.  But with just buying hits we can get rid of that 1 box physical damage that Fionn has.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1122 on: <05-02-13/1455:42> »
Whoops, my bad on the watcher thing. I think this might be the first time I've ever used one.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1123 on: <05-02-13/1459:03> »
Of course, given the terms of its service, if Sammy goes it goes with her.

And tyes, healing the one box of Physical would be easy if Fionn were the sort to mention it.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1124 on: <05-02-13/1639:30> »
I'll stay.  At least that way the secondary talky person is there to maybe avoid bloodshed if the cops show up.  ;)