NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #960 on: <03-22-13/2345:55> »
Edit posted to move things along, then.  Cross posting a few more rolls.

[spoiler]
Threading test for Scan complex form. (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Scan CF threaded to rating 2.

Fading resistance for Threading, DV2. (12d6.hits(5)=3)

Fading fully resisted.

Detect Hidden Node, Electronic Warfare 4 + Scan 2, Interval 1 Combat Turn, threshold 15. (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=5, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=2)

Threshold reached in 7 Combat Turns.  This is being done from roughly the centre of the building.  Fionn's signal range is 400m.

Additionally, he's taking the Detect Active/Passive Nodes action to detect everything within his Signal range running in active or passive mode.
[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #961 on: <03-23-13/0949:23> »
Okay to clarify, are you in Aresmart or TechnoShack?  If it is Aresmart you may want to adjust some from the exact center, that is where they keep the junior miss fashions.   ;)  Your range is good to cover it from anywhere anyway.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #962 on: <03-23-13/1102:52> »
The general goal is complete coverage of the area.  May miss some low singal stuff, though.

Basically, as central as he can get while looking like he's just browsing through in some sort of consistency with his cover.

And I believe we're at the Ares Mart.
« Last Edit: <03-23-13/1738:08> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #963 on: <03-24-13/2059:47> »
Okay a few notes for Fionn.

Got bunch of nodes that you have picked up, based on the fact that only one of the ones not moving around on a person is operating hidden  It is a good bet it is the security node.

Your data search results are back

There is no activity on your com post-afternoon on sunday, sometime after you left the bar.  Near as you can tell, there is nothing available on anyone in your group's com's available after that same time.

The closest thing you can get to anything unusual on the border is a weird blip on Salish border security logs that would correspond with the vehicle that dumped you in the mountains.  There is no data of any use attached to it, it was logged and at some later point the two governments (Salish and Tir) did the polite and diplomatic version of the following Q&A:

"What the frag are you dandelion eaters coming over the border for?  Are you invading?"

"Frag off and die redskin, if we wanted to invade someone it would be someone worth a drek, we had nothing to do with it, quit wasting our time and fix your faulty tech"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #964 on: <03-27-13/0129:48> »
Matrix Perception Test on the Security Node (7d6.hits(5)=4)

Okay, so, with 4 hits, I'll go for Firewall rating, System rating, presence of a data bomb, and let's say open subscriptions.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #965 on: <03-28-13/1047:50> »
Okay, I'm back, at least physically.  I'm still dead tired after an 8-hour time difference and spendin about 20 hours in various sardine cans at 30000 feet.  I'll try to catch up in the coming days.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #966 on: <03-28-13/1354:35> »
Not much to catch up on, unfortunately, I got crushed by RL and slowed the game down even further in a place where games seem to slow down anyway.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #967 on: <03-28-13/1709:51> »
Sorry this took so long, the hit answers are 5, 5, no and 3

In other news, we have a different person potentially replacing Heron and this one is hopefully going to able to hit the ground running soon,  had to make a call what with they other guy not responding to contact attempts.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #968 on: <03-28-13/2023:04> »
So, what's the plan for bringing in the new new guy?
« Last Edit: <03-28-13/2058:21> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #969 on: <03-28-13/2108:29> »
...  Sorry for the double post, but:

Glitches - is the half dice determined by rounding up, or rounding down?  Because it it's the latter, a sprite just critically glitched it's Compiling Resistance roll.  In which case, I need to know what that does before I can post (I'd think it would be good for me, given that it was a roll against me that glitched...)

[spoiler]Compile new Sleuth Sprite, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (Stun DV equal to twice hits scored by sprite) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #970 on: <03-28-13/2125:44> »

Glitches - is the half dice determined by rounding up, or rounding down?  Because it it's the latter, a sprite just critically glitched it's Compiling Resistance roll.  In which case, I need to know what that does before I can post (I'd think it would be good for me, given that it was a roll against me that glitched...)

[spoiler]Compile new Sleuth Sprite, Compiling Resistance, Fading Resistance (Stun DV equal to twice hits scored by sprite) (12d6.hits(5)=7, 5d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]

If 7 dice are roll and 4 come up one it's a glitch, 3, no glitch

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #971 on: <03-28-13/2128:13> »
So, what's the plan for bringing in the new new guy?

Don't really have one yet, we are still talking, and he is looking at the thread.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #972 on: <03-28-13/2130:19> »

If 7 dice are roll and 4 come up one it's a glitch, 3, no glitch

Okay then, no glitch.

Do you know what sort of character he's playing yet?  May impact how easy it is to retcon him in...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #973 on: <03-29-13/0512:28> »
I think he is going to take over Heron for now, his concepts are aa bit out of bounds to attempt a ret con.

Subscribers to the node are Manager, security supvisor and asst Manager

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #974 on: <03-29-13/0547:19> »
In which case, Fionn will direct the second Sleuth Sprite to get information on the devices they're subscribed through, including but not limited to Firewall Rating and System rating.

[spoiler]
Matrix Perception tests (10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3, 10d6.hits(5)=3)
[/spoiler]

Given that Fionn's not defining the third piece of information, that could be whatever detail the sprite wants it to be.

Also, is Icarus going to case security at some point?
« Last Edit: <03-29-13/0559:45> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites