NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #630 on: <02-18-13/2315:17> »
For reference: Didn't really want this subject of discussion to turn into the O'Connor And Fionn Show, it's just hard to find an in-character way to drop it - I was kind of hoping at first other characters would jump in, but...

Plus, I'm waiting on something from Crossbow before I can go one too much.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #631 on: <02-19-13/0035:01> »
Clementine is too amused by Fionn's tough stance/"I don't want to hurt anybody" way of thinking to stop him.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #632 on: <02-19-13/0040:40> »
Clementine is too amused by Fionn's tough stance/"I don't want to hurt anybody" way of thinking to stop him.

More "I don't want to hurt anyone I don't have to" which is contrasted against "kill ALL the people!".  :P
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #633 on: <02-19-13/0155:51> »
For reference: Didn't really want this subject of discussion to turn into the O'Connor And Fionn Show, it's just hard to find an in-character way to drop it - I was kind of hoping at first other characters would jump in, but...

We are jumping in, but just not on O'Connor's side.  In fact, he's doing a very good job of isolating himself with his 'kill everything that stands in our way' attitude.  I assume there's a negative quality behind that (combat monster, or an addiction if I see you talking about getting a hit), but it starts to piss Sammy off (IC of course, OOC I like the discussion, and I've had far worse in my RPG carreer  :) ).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #634 on: <02-19-13/0205:27> »

We are jumping in, but just not on O'Connor's side.  In fact, he's doing a very good job of isolating himself with his 'kill everything that stands in our way' attitude.  I assume there's a negative quality behind that (combat monster, or an addiction if I see you talking about getting a hit), but it starts to piss Sammy off (IC of course, OOC I like the discussion, and I've had far worse in my RPG carreer  :) ).

I was just trying to say that it was starting to feel too much like me and Necro going back and forth with the occasional interjection from others.  Might be I'm off on that, but...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #635 on: <02-19-13/0946:31> »
"You do realize he's not Japanese, chummer"

Damn it, that's what I get for going from memory rather than checking my notes. I remembered that he'd done Yakuza work, and forgot about the tats. Stupid mistake that Sam really should not have made. Ah, well.

As for the multiple languages thing...well, Sam's a bit of a show-off. :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #636 on: <02-19-13/1036:00> »
If you want to modify your post, I'll modify mine as well.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #637 on: <02-19-13/1126:47> »
Sorry peeps I've missed a day or so. I can hold off on replying if you all wanna modify the posts. Also worth mentioning that besides Johnny not speaking Japanese he isn't into they way of the warrior. Things Sam would know about him IC would be: Chinese facial features, Mandarin tats, used to be a stuntman, practicing Taoist. However besides Clem, Icarus might also know Japanese.
Just as a warning if the posts are left as is Johnny will probably take it as an insult that Sam assumed he was Japanese because he looks Asian. He won't say anything out loud cause he's reached a point where he's trying to decide if he should bounce as soon as they hit Seattle cause if the team has this much infighting its likely to get him killed next time not just memory wiped.

Sorry for the long OOC post just trying to convey Johnny's state cause he's just kinda sulking right now until any posts that need to be changed get changed.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #638 on: <02-19-13/1153:32> »
Yeah, if people are ok with my changing it, I'll edit my post. Give me some time to do so, though; I've been mostly out of it for the last 36 hours or so (damn cold).

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #639 on: <02-19-13/1159:59> »
I think my last post is about something else and can stay as is, but I'll check after you guys have made the changes you want and I'll adapt if necessary.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #640 on: <02-19-13/1210:53> »
I'm ok with waiting but I might not be able to post again till tomorrow night.  ;D
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #641 on: <02-19-13/1556:08> »
Ok, I've changed what Sam said to Johnny in addition to changing the language (as the cultural references wouldn't fit anyhow). Left what Sam said to Fionn intact, which I believe means that only Clem's response needs to be edited.

Sorry again about posting while mistaken. ::)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #642 on: <02-19-13/1831:40> »
I removed my post following the modifications.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <02-19-13/2015:17> »
You people are very confusing

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #644 on: <02-19-13/2029:48> »
You people are very confusing

Wait 'til I get going! ...where was I?

;)