NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #285 on: <01-28-13/1843:15> »
So, I take it we're pretty much travelling silently until something happens?  That mean we're waiting on Crossbow to tell us if anything happens en route?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #286 on: <01-28-13/1929:51> »
That was my understanding.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <01-28-13/1945:27> »
Well, we haven't gotten much from the people in Heron's group...I don't think they've posted that they're moving yet. Crossbow may be waiting for that.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #288 on: <01-28-13/1947:42> »
O'Connor and Heron are on the move, so I would assume the other two are in tow.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #289 on: <01-28-13/2013:14> »
Crossbow and I have some stuff to nut out, which is waiting on his say. The way it was mentioned, I was expecting word before moving on or making a counter-proposal.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #290 on: <01-28-13/2230:17> »
Just to be clear, Clem will also follow Heron and O'Connor.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #291 on: <01-29-13/0058:02> »
Just so I am clear the two groups are:

Sammy, Torley, Mystech and Chopstix

Heron, Bullet Storm (O'Connor), Icarus and Clementine

Correct?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #292 on: <01-29-13/0107:53> »
That is correct as far as I know.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #293 on: <01-29-13/0138:43> »
Yup
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #294 on: <01-29-13/0250:50> »
I'm not sure if that discounts my enhanced perception.
If not: 8d6.hits(5)=4

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #295 on: <01-29-13/0349:07> »

It does, especially since the last three dice come from goggles.  taking off the last three dice, doesn't change your successes though, so figuring you figure that keeping a reasonable pace and allowing for caution, terrain and wounded you could travel about 10 kilometers before sundown.  If that lodge is somewhere in this valley below you, you have about a 50-50 chance of getting there today.

Given that this is the only piece of civilisation I've seen around here, and we can't stay where we are now, I'd say it is as good a direction as any.  :)
While my character has not much in the way of survival skills (at least not outside urban environments) I doubt I can tell, even if I manifested at the lodge and probably looked in the direction I came from.

The problem is that the movement power (which allows a spirit to greatly speed up someone) only works on one person at a time, whereas concealment and guard work on multiple people.  If movement would have worked on multiple people, I would have suggested that to speed things up.  Well, we'll see if we get there or not.  If we have to spend a night in the forest or a night up the mountain, I prefer the forest.  More options to find some shelter and you can also make a fire.
A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #296 on: <01-29-13/0401:00> »

A fire would keep away animals, at least the mundane kind, but it would attract people. We still don't know why, or by whom, we were brought out here. I'm still of the opinion we're pawns in The Most Dangerous Game.

Which has not come up in game.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #297 on: <01-29-13/0405:06> »

Yes, because the entirety of the plot has been reveal to us. Those barghest most have been the ones that abducted us and left us tied up on the side of a mountain.

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #298 on: <01-29-13/0410:15> »

Yes, because the entirety of the plot has been reveal to us. Those barghest most have been the ones that abducted us and left us tied up on the side of a mountain.

What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #299 on: <01-29-13/0414:24> »
What I'm saying is that as that suspicion has not come up in game, we shouldn't be making decisions on the basis of it - and if it's the kind of thing O'Connor might suspect, it would be interesting to discuss it in character.
I will when afforded the opportunity, we haven't exactly sat down and talk things through. Hell, I'm fairly certain that only half the group caught everyone's name before we started marching off towards this hunting lodge.

And what decisions are being made exactly? This is OOC idle chatting.
« Last Edit: <01-29-13/0459:53> by Necrogigas »

Characters