NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings

• 1943 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #255 on: <01-25-13/2235:28> »
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?

If someone wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't be sticking a Technomancer in a dead zone, effectively making them far less dangerous.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #256 on: <01-25-13/2239:13> »
(edited IC post to include related rolls)

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #257 on: <01-25-13/2239:47> »
Hey, Crossbow--if I'm reading the RAW properly, Torley should be coming around about 4-5 minutes after the Alpha stopped her damn howling, correct? Or am I free to just go ahead and revive now that combat's over?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #258 on: <01-25-13/2242:27> »

There's really no details to note about Fionn, and I'm going to assume he's the "1 catatonic".  I'm inclined to assume your character doesn't know Gaelic, so you won't be able to make heads nor tails of his mumbling.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #259 on: <01-25-13/2243:32> »
Hunting lodge...we've been brought out here to play The Most Dangerous Game haven't we?
If someone wanted to do that, they probably wouldn't be sticking a Technomancer in a dead zone, effectively making them far less dangerous.
I'm sure some of the hunter's will be using drones for you mess around with.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #260 on: <01-25-13/2245:44> »
I'm sure some of the hunter's will be using drones for you mess around with.

That, or vehicles/cyberware/weapons I can take control of - blinding somebody's cybereyes is always a fun time.  Either way, we can only hope.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #261 on: <01-25-13/2253:44> »

Besides what I already said, nothing else about Clem unless you have any crime syndicate knowledge.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #262 on: <01-25-13/2313:11> »
Hey, Crossbow--if I'm reading the RAW properly, Torley should be coming around about 4-5 minutes after the Alpha stopped her damn howling, correct? Or am I free to just go ahead and revive now that combat's over?

Sure, you should be shaky at first, but yeah, you will quickly recover, that goes for everyone.  Something to note, the watcher also became unparalyzed, but still hasn't taken off to find Sammy

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #263 on: <01-26-13/0358:29> »
I'm baaaack, and with good news I think.  ;)

@novocrane: when in invisible castle, use Xd6.hits(5) (or Xd6.hitsopen(5,6) when using edge to use the rule of 6).  It immediately counts the hits, then you don't have to do it yourself.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #264 on: <01-26-13/0432:07> »
[spoiler]It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a mage, half an O'Connor, it's sunny... and we're wearing mirror shades. [/spoiler]
It's what I wanted to say.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <01-26-13/0525:12> »
Can I just say as a point of preference that it annoys me too see characters speaking in the abstractions of mechanics?  Might just be me, but, for example, by my interpretation things like Force numbers are there to make things work with math - I'm not certain that power names or terms like "optional power" would have a clear in-universe meaning.  But again, that might just be me.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <01-26-13/0532:11> »
It does sound strange talking about values, but talking about spells or powers by naming them sounds normal to me. The spirit does have the power to fly, for example, or it doesn't.
« Last Edit: <01-26-13/0533:43> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <01-26-13/0540:14> »
It does sound strange talking about values, but talking about spells or powers by naming them sounds normal to me. The spirit does have the power to fly, for example, or it doesn't.

In many cases, yeah.  In cases like the Fear power, though, it seems more natural for a vharacter to say that the creature has the ability to induce terror.

Plus, to a certain degree I expect the different traditions view and refer to the powers of their spirits differently, in keeping with the basis of the tradition.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #268 on: <01-26-13/0557:11> »
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.

Was it actually the Fear Critter Power we were hit by?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #269 on: <01-26-13/0602:54> »
For what it's worth, I think it's entirely appropriate for hermetic mages.
Hermetic magic is a "logical" approach to magic ... It is one part chemistry, one part philosophy, one part mathematics, and yet none of them at the same time.
If anyone is going to get technical and precise in measurement over magic, it's them.

There is that, though I would expect they'd also know that using such terminology might not make things clear to members of other traditions.  It's something you see in a lot of disciplines, really: the jargon won't have the same meaning, or perhaps much meaning at all, to people outside the academic end of the discipline.  For more on this, see public misconceptions on what constitutes a scientific theory.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites