NEWS

Wondering whether I'm banned for not...

• 3 Replies

Youneko

• Newb
« on: <07-14-18/2218:03> »
Well it all seems weird but earlier when I tried to log in the forum, I got a huge "Sorry Youneko, you are banned from using this forum! Spammer." I haven't been on forum for weeks and I will never be a spammer as long as not been possessed. So I checked my setting and switch my VPN to another IP (I suppose...?I'm not that professional with networks), then it WORKS! Since I didn't find the bans' list, I'm posting this to figure out whether the problem is with my account or my current IP.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-18/1347:35> »
You might want to drop a PM to FastJack jsut o make sure all is good. We've had a lot of bots hitting the forums recently.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <07-31-18/2254:55> »
I'm having this same issue when I try and log in from my laptop. Going from my home computer is fine, but no matter what network I log in with my laptop from, the forum hates me. So it isn't just you, Youneko.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <08-01-18/0819:15> »
This has come up for a few users, I believe. What I've found with one user so far is that they were using VPN software that was causing the lockout. I'm not entirely sure why, but the VPN IP Address being used didn't seem to work well with our firewall settings on the boards. It may be a dynamic IP issue or something else, but they were able to access the forums fine either with the VPN turned off, or by using the incognito mode of their browser.

If you're having problems, send me a PM and let me know if you're using VPN software to access the internet (the other poster was using Avast's VPN service).