insect spirits why are they bad?

• 202 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <05-06-12/2318:54> »
Thanks

Another question about insect spirits. Do they operate like a tactical network, like in unwired 124-127? Or could they with the right people possessed?
As a GM, I'd say it would depend on the insect.  Ants certainly would ("The perfect warriors."), but Mosquitos wouldn't.

If they work in unison IRL, then I'd say, yeah, they have a TacNet going if they're close enough to the hive.  But that's only me as a GM, I don't think there's an official ruling on it.
Is anyone else concerned that while Dunkelzahn put out bounties on blood mages and toxic shamans, insect shamans were conspicuously absent.
Blood Mages are bad because they bring The Horrors closer, and Toxic Shamans are new and should be investigated.  Insect Spirits, bad as they are, are still a part of nature and the Manasphere.  I can see why he left them out.
Do you have baby hands or giant roaches up in Canuckistan?
Only seen them in captivity, at a science center that I worked for, and I have average palms but long fingers.  Maybe what I saw were Monsters that aren't seen in North America.
Seriously. Palm-sized cockroaches would have me reaching for a Predator, if not something bigger.
Sunday Edition, it's hard to squash a bug with the butt of a pistol.  :P
« Last Edit: <05-06-12/2322:22> by CanRay »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #16 on: <05-06-12/2343:06> »
Has any information about bee spirits been mentioned? I wonder what their honey is like  :o
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-07-12/0027:50> »
Harrow's Hive, Chicago. Feral Cities.

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #18 on: <05-07-12/0053:29> »
Harrow's Hive, Chicago. Feral Cities.

Interesting...
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #19 on: <05-07-12/0730:13> »
As they maybe dont have exact equivalent of TacNet, they have Hive Mind power, and thats also a bit...scarry...

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-07-12/0801:36> »
As they maybe dont have exact equivalent of TacNet, they have Hive Mind power, and thats also a bit...scarry...

too say the least eesh  :o
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought
Hello mon come on and letd get dis party started no

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #21 on: <05-07-12/0811:42> »
"We are the Invae. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-07-12/0814:34> »
Greaaaaaattttttt Insect Borg ....... now where did I put my Jean-luc and Worf
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-07-12/0947:38> »
CUBE metaplane :O

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <05-07-12/1104:23> »
"We are the Invae. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
"Resistance may be futile, but it beats capitulation."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SwampFox

• Newb
  • This city is my Swamp, just try and dig me out.
« Reply #25 on: <05-07-12/1355:42> »
"Resistance may be futile, but it beats capitulation."
*racks back the slide of my Predator and tosses Canray a Street Sweeper*  Here here.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-07-12/1404:34> »
What?! Another INVAEsion?

Pulls out great canister and plugs in sprayer...

You better put on your gas masks, guys. It is suposed to be safe for human, well there is Ares logo on the side of it...

Marak1972

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-07-12/1510:35> »
uh ya after what I've read n such <puts mask on> Ares might be in bed with the buggies
no no no thats a BIG BUG
green - speech
blue - thought

Cailieg

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <05-07-12/1731:13> »
I am still torn on which one Ares would toy with for Hybridization and Weaponization if they are indeed in bed with bugs.

I am thinking Ants; soldier armies seem to me of all the bugs, like something Knight might touch.

Considering it is believed that is what drove his long time partner out of Ares I lean towards him actually green lighting the claimed R&D that broke their partnership.

If so, I would think ants, as it would still be "militaristic" following his attention to KE, and his potential past in the military as well as his control issues. If he could in some way simulate the role of Queen with Pheromones, well, imagine him with an army of Ants under his direct and complete control.

Bugs, so much nasty brought to mind. I could talk about Bugs in Shadowrun all day.

What is your opinion on which bug Ares would toy with and your reasoning?

Alexis
*smiles*

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <05-07-12/2009:31> »
I think War said something about Ants being the only ones remembering how to combat properly.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11