NEWS

[SR6] Free Seattle Issues

• 4 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« on: <05-22-20/1439:54> »
Spoiler for one of the runs
It was pointed out on Reddit that in the scene Terror Down Below, information for fencing the gold and jewels would appear in Picking Up the Pieces.  No such information was included in the book.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <11-30-20/1731:17> »
pg.41 refers to "a rating 6 SIN scanner" and maglocks with "a rating 6 tamper detection system".  Neither of these exist in the sixth edition CRB, and no rules are given in Free Seattle on how to operate them

BuddyJC

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-30-20/2025:20> »
It seems like both items are 5th edition rules.

There the rules are given for checking a SIN: Scanner device rating x 2 with the fake SIN rating as a threshold.

Also a maglock is only defined as having a tampering system and is not as elaborately described as in sixth edition, where you are given three different types to choose from.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-30-20/2127:26> »
It seems like both items are 5th edition rules.

There the rules are given for checking a SIN: Scanner device rating x 2 with the fake SIN rating as a threshold.

Also a maglock is only defined as having a tampering system and is not as elaborately described as in sixth edition, where you are given three different types to choose from.

Yes, I'd just re-use the 5th edition rule for SIN verification.  Scanner rolls in this case 12 dice vs threshold of the fake SIN.  Success burns (destroys) the fake SIN... which in turn means the loss of any property (i.e. Lifestyles) linked to that fake SIN! Failure results in the fake going undetected.

Anti-tamper circuits were cut out for 6th edition.  For this edition I'd  go with the edge generation/denial paradigm.  Depending on how much you want to penalize the player, either say the "high rating" anti-tamper feature means the runner can't generate edge for the test or they can't spend edge for the test (or both!)
« Last Edit: <11-30-20/2129:39> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-01-20/1004:52> »
Regardless, neither exists in 6th edition CRB so they shouldn't have been in the book.

Just reviewed the 5th edition rules for anti tamper devices and oh my god I'm not going to miss those.  What a terrible bloat of rolling that adds.  Personally I don't think this is an edge generation/denial situation, but I could see anti tamper devices turning the extended test into an opposed extended test like the Matrix action Probe.