NEWS

Black market in the campaign

• 5 Replies

Hovercorn

• Newb
« on: <08-17-14/1923:36> »
When you play the campaign do you keep the black market cards that you have bought or do they go back into the black market deck? The rules didn't say anything on the matter so I wanted to ask. Thank you in advance to all that help.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <08-17-14/2054:24> »
I got the impression that you only start with your basic role cards and whatever is granted by your karma. Your starting nuyen is reset before each mission as well
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-17-14/2054:25> »
You keep them for the remainder of the currant mission but turn them back in at the end of that game.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-14/0712:45> »
Yeah, that was my impression as well.  The only advancement in the rules is the sticker(s) you have on your metatype card.  The Setup rules just have you set the basic 7 cards in the deck, and I think that's where the challenge level is set--if you keep bought cards from game to game it certainly gets easier.

On the other hand, there's certainly room in the box (and dividers) to separate out individual decks if you want.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Hovercorn

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-18-14/1625:13> »
Thank you guys. That is what I thought but when you look at the dragon mission it seems like you would need better cards. Thanks again.

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #5 on: <08-18-14/1951:44> »
Well, the dragon mission also says 70+ karma, and four such characters ought to be better equipped just through the stickers they've bought.  Even some of the 5-10 karma abilities are potential game-savers.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)