NEWS

6th Edition in 2019?

• 174 Replies

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #60 on: <11-08-18/1418:00> »
Too early to tell.

I'd say that even discussing 6E in concrete ways, as opposed to whether or not one will hypothetically (soon) exist, is certainly too early.  Has CGL confirmed a 6E is even in the works?

If you subscribe to the idea that the matrix change will come with the edition then CGL must certainly work on 6E. After all we not only have hints about the new matrix, the metaplot which will likely result in the new matrix being adopted has already started. Also we also have a general idea about the new matrix (still wireless, but with old style location based hosts). So CGL must at least have a vision about how they want 6E to look like, but more likely they already have a timeline of when they will be finished with 6E so that they can push the metaplot along accordingly.

That makes me think, the new hosts in Kill Code do kinda fit with how the next matrix will supposedly look like compared to the current one. So that would suggest that those books are indeed at least in part a test for 6E concepts.

Riggers could use a little love.... as in making it a bit easier to figure out "what skills you need" and keeping them in the flow of the game, because the rigger hiding the car doesn't inspire loyalty :D

We don't have a second Rigger advance book, right? Do you know if anything like that is in the pipeline?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #61 on: <11-08-18/1524:23> »
Contrary to what some think, I have zero pull or influence with CGL.  I am just a life long fan of the game :D

My knowledge of what is coming up, what is out, and their future plans are all pulled from the same sources as you. (Social media, webpage, these forums, what i can bribe out of someone.)

Normally however, the running gag of shadowrun has always been (until this edition) that when the Rigger book comes, so does the next edition!

This is because if you look at the release history of books for shadowrun, usually an edition change happened with in 3 to 6 months of the Rigger book....

So IF they announce an "Extended  Rigger" book... I money is that an edition change is far behind :D

(I'll play the odds :D)   
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #62 on: <11-08-18/1541:50> »
This is because if you look at the release history of books for shadowrun, usually an edition change happened with in 3 to 6 months of the Rigger book....

So IF they announce an "Extended  Rigger" book... I money is that an edition change is far behind :D

(I'll play the odds :D)
Oh.... So 14 months then.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <11-08-18/1634:43> »
that would be 2020 :P

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #64 on: <11-08-18/1805:46> »
I cannot wait till the plot progresses to 2100
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <11-08-18/2016:48> »
I cannot wait till the plot progresses to 2100

You expecting something special then?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <11-08-18/2107:30> »
I don’t know anything nor have a heard anything but the turn of a century must have some significance somewhere, akin to when the comet came around.

But again 20 years is a lot of time so anything could happen between now (2080) and then

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <11-09-18/0152:47> »
I don’t know anything nor have a heard anything but the turn of a century must have some significance somewhere, akin to when the comet came around.

Darn. I was hoping you knew something and were teasing :D

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <11-09-18/0320:54> »
If I knew anything I would be bound by the NDA I signed when I joined the errata team I fear :/

Ixal

• Chummer
« Reply #69 on: <11-13-18/1928:42> »
In the Thread about upcoming releases it was mentioned that the working title of a upcoming book is "Chicago Chaos".
That implies that the Ares storyline is next which means we still have a few years to wait for the Null and 6E.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #70 on: <01-17-19/0055:26> »
Chicago Chaos is coming next week and is an Anarchy supplement loosely following the Chicago missions storyline

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #71 on: <01-17-19/0905:08> »
Chicago Chaos is coming next week and is an Anarchy supplement loosely following the Chicago missions storyline

Which raises two questions in my mind:

1) Does anyone have any indication of when the other season 8 missions (3-6) will be released?

2) For people who haven't played through Season 8 yet, and don't mind converting rules one way or the other, which would be more suggested to capture the canon storyline?

Mustakrakish

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <01-21-19/0531:23> »

Which raises two questions in my mind:

1) Does anyone have any indication of when the other season 8 missions (3-6) will be released?

2) For people who haven't played through Season 8 yet, and don't mind converting rules one way or the other, which would be more suggested to capture the canon storyline?

I asked on facebook at around October 18 and they told me that the missions should start be available at around Novemeber 18... seeing that it's almost February 19 I really hope it will be soon, I am running the missions to my friends and I really hope I won't have to stop 4 mission before the end of the story :/

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <02-26-19/2318:21> »
God I hope there is a 6th edition.  There are so many issues and honestly the game has hit a bloat point for me, things that makes the game even more unwieldy.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #74 on: <03-10-19/1637:30> »
I haven't been able to get my group to play Shadowrun in a good while, there are so many serious issues. I really hope the community gets a chance to fill out surveys, polls, questionnaires, partake in CGL run threads that actually get looked at, etc. I really hope they don't just all of a sudden drop 6E without giving us a chance to help shape it. Here are some things I seriously hate:

1. Priority System Char Gen: This is the reason people optimize so heavily, it really sucks to lose 50+ karma during character creation, it's unfathomably poorly designed and it needs to go.
2. The Matrix: Way too slow and complicated, very few groups enjoy it as is.
3. Poorly Written Rules: In Anarchy you can one-shot a car with a pistol. The conjuring rules don't exist, there is no target number and no consequence of failure. Drones rules are seriously lacking. Then 5E has too many issues to list, mostly too complicated to remember/be fun.
4. Shadow Talk: Please keep it out of rules books, you don't see this kind of thing in every D&D book, it's filler and I don't want it, just put a fluff section at the beginning or end of the book if needed.
5. Skill cap being 12(13). Simply way too high and not fun rolling absurd amounts of dice. When people buy tiny dice just to play that is a sign there is a problem.
6. Most of the  Negative Qualities are horrible and unusable/not fun at all.

I could go on for quite some time but that's all I'll mention for now. Feel free to disagree but I know that there are many people with similar opinions so I don't think it's fair to say that everything is fine.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.