NEWS

GenCon 2013

• 69 Replies

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <05-18-13/0938:33> »
Many SR events are still awaiting approval, so see this link for a full list of submitted events.

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/26699/gencon13-missions#Item_9
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-18-13/1340:18> »
That link is to 2 posts below the formatted list. This link is to the formatted list itself:

http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/54689#Comment_54689

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-18-13/1840:12> »
Is this likely the final list?

Trying to figure out how to fit the CRM adventures together in order, and having trouble fitting the slots.  (I don't arrive until Friday morning.)

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-19-13/0753:32> »
Good news, the events have been approved.  There's only one, Basic GM Bootcamp, that is still pending.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-19-13/0754:40> »
Is this likely the final list?

Trying to figure out how to fit the CRM adventures together in order, and having trouble fitting the slots.  (I don't arrive until Friday morning.)

Yes, that is the final list.  Have fun and look forward to seeing you there!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-19-13/1225:30> »
Wow those filled fast.  Had 14 Shadowrun events in my wishlist (trying to get alt times if the first times didn't go.)  Processed at the second the timer hit 0 and  2 came through...one each of the two different campaigns. That was disappointing.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <05-19-13/1607:31> »
Keep in mind, there's probably a reasonable chance at pick-up games happening.  In the past, if folks have shown up wanting to play some Shadowrun, GMs have found ways to let 'em sling dice and make the magic happen.  Sneaking an extra player into a table if the other folks are cool with it, wrangling up a bunch of "strays" and finding an idle GM to run a game for them, etc, etc. 

So don't feel totally disheartened.  In the past, at least, Ray and the other convention guys have bent over backwards to let people play.  I'm sure they're gonna do what they can this year, too.

Now, don't show up and be all "Critias on the forums said someone would run something for me, GIMME IT," or whatever!  Though that would be funny if it's one of the slots where I'm going to try and drop by and run something...;)  But yeah, don't take this as gospel or a promise carved in stone, I just want to make sure folks know that they've tried to be flexible in the past, so showing up with a heart full of Shadowrun love and a hand full of generic tickets might be enough to still get in some gaming, is all.  :)
« Last Edit: <05-19-13/1609:22> by Critias »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <05-19-13/1619:49> »
Stock up on generics.  There's almost always a no-show or two for most games, and many GMs will run for an extra person.

Also the plan is to have a floating GM around most times, so if there's enough generic tickets looking to play, they may be able to get another table going.

Bull

Aaron

« Reply #8 on: <05-19-13/1807:40> »
I once ran a one-shot with 12 players. It worked out pretty well, too--I was leaning a lot on my experience running Amber Diceless and LARPs, but it worked. Got yelled at by management, though, so that won't be happening again (honest).

If you're looking for something Shadowrunny to do at 1pm on Thursday, there's always this.

Not to mention CGL's got their What's Up with Catalyst Game Labs? at 11am on Friday and What's Up with Shadowrun? an hour later, plus the always hilarious Whose Run is it Anyway? on Saturday at 8pm.
« Last Edit: <05-19-13/1811:48> by Aaron »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <05-19-13/1837:20> »
Stock up on generics.  There's almost always a no-show or two for most games, and many GMs will run for an extra person.

Also the plan is to have a floating GM around most times, so if there's enough generic tickets looking to play, they may be able to get another table going.

Bull
Hell, last year I ran a table of 8 generics that just wanted to play. ;)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-19-13/1845:34> »
Yeah, Droz, Time Patrick, Tinner, and a couple others really stepped up last year.  I think we ran around 8 or so extra tables.

Ricochet

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <05-19-13/1959:41> »
That sounds promising.  What are the chances that some of the unofficials might be CMP's?  (I'm really interested in seeing a full plotline of CMP's and how they fall out.)  Or is it usually off the cuff stuff.

By the way, of my group of 4, my 2 sessions I got (which I threw back one, since it was part 3 of a 4 part series) were the only ones picked up at all.

I guess that says a lot for the popularity of Shadowrun right now, which is a good thing.  (I thought it was true dungeon I'd have trouble picking up, but got my first choice on both my sessions for that!)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-19-13/2036:31> »
It's usually a combination of what the GM in question has available and is familiar with, and what the players want to play.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #13 on: <05-20-13/0906:49> »
Speaking of, is there anything official about an SR meet and greet this year?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Wildcard

• Omae
  • Hex.tall was here.
« Reply #14 on: <06-20-13/1728:45> »
I know I'd have a brew with some of you.
I was permanently banned from the forums for consistently attacking my fellow posters and trolling the boards. I thought I could get "revenge" on FastJack for being banned by updating my sig to insult him, but all it proved was how much of an idiot I am.