NEWS

Military grade armor and a shield ... Do they stack?

• 5 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« on: <02-26-14/2010:25> »
Not sure if this is a rule question or gear question, but after looking through the Run&Gun preview and looking over the military grade armor with its hardened armor quality I was wondering if the hardened effect would still cover a character's armor rating when wielding a shield.

If it does a troll with a heavy mil grade armor with a shield, helmet and implants would be near invulnerable except for navy the unpublished navy weapons ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <02-26-14/2018:57> »
I would say they stack for the purpose of calculating total armor,  but not for the auto successes generated by hardened armor.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <02-26-14/2032:14> »
If it does a troll with a heavy mil grade armor with a shield, helmet and implants would be near invulnerable except for navy the unpublished navy weapons ...
I would suggest you think upon the wise words of Kane in this certain circumstance.

Also, you would be wise to remember that most buildings aren't built with trolls in mind.  Including floors.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <02-27-14/0012:25> »
I would say that we'd need to wait for Run & Gun to release before we know for sure.  Anything else is speculation at best.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-28-14/1323:02> »
I can safely say they stack for the purposes of determining the HRT response time.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <02-28-14/1429:06> »
I can safely say they stack for the purposes of determining the HRT response time.

That's the only counter that matters :D

and why my characters usually keep to a casual-low style look. You don't have to worry about heavy armor and massive weapons if you keep to a game plan, get in and get out, save the firefights for the rank and file amateurs
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.